PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna replace Arians w/ Upper St. Clair's Todd Haley?

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Just got canned by the Chefs. Great googly moogly.

He has a history with the Steelers since he was a ballboy as a kid when his father Dick Haley was our Director of Player Personnel back in the day.

Do I recall him interviewing with us to join Tomlin's first staff, but opted to join Whisenhunt in his first staff out in the Pittsburgh West desert instead?

I personally think he is a bit too abrasive for my taste. I think if Ben had to transition from the laissez-faire Arians to the in-your-face Haley, he might go off like Brady did with his O.C. yesterday.

But I figured I'd ask, because an offensive-minded head coach got fired today, and he happens to have Pittsburgh connections. I think it was a kinda dumb move by K.C., considering this team surprisingly won the AFC West last year, and although they haven't been up to that same level this season at 5-8, you have to consider that they have lost RB Jamaal Charles, TE Tony Moeaki, S Eric Berry, QB Matt Cassel among others. Did they really think that guys like Tyler Palko and Jackie Battle were going to lead them to the promised land?

SteelCrazy
12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I would take Chrissy Haley (wife) if it meant BA would retire........

ikestops85
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM
In a word --- NO!

Haley is much too arrogant to fit in with our team. Plus I don't look at him as any great O Coordinator anyway. I don't think he would be any better than Arians.

Dee Dub
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
No! Todd Haley never played football. I think that should be a criteria.

Sugar
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
He might be good if Arians retired. I'm a bit surprised they let him go myself. He seemed to get a lot out of the guys but it's hard to make something happen when you simply don't have quality ingredients.

Steel Life
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I would have no issue with it as he has coached a good offense in AZ & knew to develop a running game in KC (with a FB no less!) & kept Cassell in a position to win games. Besides the abrasiveness will wear off a bit now that he's been knocked down a peg or two.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
seems like a terrible fit to me.

no thanks.

pfelix73
12-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I thought of this too when I learned of his firing... I think I'd pass on him too....

Lets face it- BA isn't going anywhere- unless he retires.....

:tt1

Slapstick
12-12-2011, 11:43 PM
If Arians retires, I think that Randy Fichtner will be the most likely candidate to replace him...

Though I wouldn't rule out Bill Muir, who is currently the OC for the Chiefs...Muir worked with both Haley and Whisenhunt with the Jets, so I would imagine that his offensive system isn't too far removed from what the Steelers are running now...after the Jets, Muir took a job in Tampa Bay at the same time Tomlin was there...

Muir is also an older coach, with years of experience as both an OC and an OL coach...is it possible that he could have some answers in red zone and goal line packages?

This thought first crossed my mind after the Sunday night game in KC when Muir found Tomlin (before Haley did, IIRC) and gave him a huge smile and a hug...

Lastly? Muir is also from Pittsburgh...

If Tomlin isn't convinced that Fichtner is quite ready, Muir could be a good guy to come in for a few seasons and try to fix some of the problems with the offense before turning things over to Fichtner...

feltdizz
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I thought ANYONE would be better than Arians... :stirpot

7 UP
12-13-2011, 10:11 AM
No. He wasnt very popular in Zona. He wore out his welcome awfully quickly in KC. I dont think he would fit in here at all.

Oviedo
12-13-2011, 11:18 AM
seems like a terrible fit to me.

no thanks.

:Agree

He is way too much of an egotistical hot head. Would be a terrible match with Ben's personality.

We should get a new OC but not Haley.

Steelers>NFL
12-13-2011, 02:00 PM
How about Norv Turner? He will be available at season's end.

pittpete
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
How about Norv Turner? He will be available at season's end.

I thought of this while drivibg to work and listening to Sirius.
I like this.
Not as head coach, but as O-coord...

feltdizz
12-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Ben probably has total control over the OC position.

fezziwig
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM

hey, i was going to post this

hawaiiansteel
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM

hey, i was going to post this

oh sure, you probably just stole that idea from NKy... :D

fezziwig
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
No............his post would be laced with a huge ego, insults, and his opinion is it and everyone needs to conform.

fordfixer
12-14-2011, 09:07 PM
hawaii and fezzi

Could you have your conversation by the PM function I don't think you should be trashing another poster on the open forum.

Thanks Fordfixer

hawaiiansteel
12-14-2011, 09:54 PM
hawaii and fezzi

Could you have your conversation by the PM function I don't think you should be trashing another poster on the open forum.

Thanks Fordfixer

why not, NKy trashed us on this open forum. you let NKy call fezziwig a moron but instead decide to scold me? what you should do is scold NKy or better yet, ban him.

and why didn't you PM me about this instead of handling it publicly?

fezziwig
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
I have no problem with it fordfixer, I'm just having fun with a guy that cuts this site up to high heavens at his site but, hides in this sites shadows to bring his feuds here. I won't swing unless the pitches are thrown my way. But what do I know, I'm a moron. lol