PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather....

JTP53609
12-11-2011, 10:23 PM
be a #1 or 2 seed and have the bye than host a second round playoff game against a team like the jets or ravens or.....

be a #5 seed and play denver on the road in the first round than go to houston and play the texans and their third string qb in round 2.

I know home field means everything, but I would say I like the chances to get the AFC Championship again with scenerio 2....

That being said, go chargers, I want a bye

Chadman
12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
The Bye will be useful if Ben is still carrying lingering injuries. But if he's fit, let the Ravens/Jets/Patriots beat eachother up...

Discipline of Steel
12-12-2011, 08:16 AM
i dont think the Texans will get the #1 seed, which means we will likely play Ravens or Pats* in game 2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Any time you have a shot at a bye week at this point of the season you take it.

flippy
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd just rather win the SuperBowl ;)

phillyesq
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM

:Agree

I'm not particularly looking forward to facing Tebow in Denver. I'd also rather have a bye and a home game, and hope that somebody knocks the Ravens out in Round 1.

WindyCitySteel
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM

I'm not particularly looking forward to facing Tebow in Denver. I'd also rather have a bye and a home game, and hope that somebody knocks the Ravens out in Round 1.

He was 3-16 midway through the 4th quarter before Chicago switched to cover-2. I'd love to play Tebow in Denver.

It should be pointed out that in most of the miraculous wins, Denver is getting turnovers, on sides kicks, and long field goals at the end of games. It's not just Tebow.

feltdizz
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM

He was 3-16 midway through the 4th quarter before Chicago switched to cover-2. I'd love to play Tebow in Denver.

It should be pointed out that in most of the miraculous wins, Denver is getting turnovers, on sides kicks, and long field goals at the end of games. It's not just Tebow.

and I don't want any part of that fantasy team right now. I would love to spank them in their house but we tend to play down to the competition and make those stupid mistakes that keep a team like Denver in the game.

phillyesq
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM

and I don't want any part of that fantasy team right now. I would love to spank them in their house but we tend to play down to the competition and make those stupid mistakes that keep a team like Denver in the game.

The Broncos haven't played the stiffest competition during this run (will be real interesting to see how they play NE next week), but I agree with Feltdizz. The Steelers have been somewhat mistake prone, and I'd hate to see them let the Broncos hang around like they did with the Browns in the first half of last week.

Given the chance for a potential miscue at Denver or a guarantee of advcing, I'll take the bye every time.