PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
12-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks

hawaiiansteel
12-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o announced today that he's returning for his senior season, so he won't be going at #14 to the Chiefs.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Hey DFlo. I don't follow much CFB so I don't know about the accuracy of your projections - of course who really does, but I really like what you have done. Yours will be a site that I read as the draft approaches.

Shawn
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Not to bust on your pick for the Steelers but let me bust on your pick. :)

Being a Buckeye fan and alum I'm normally in favor of drafting Buckeyes. But, Adams in the first round? I'm not sure I would take him in the 3rd, let alone the first. He is very raw, and while I seen a site who claims his footwork is terrific...I would question that. His feet are reasonable for a guy his size. He has some possible character issues. He lacks a mean streak and doesn't really maul in the run game like you would like. He isn't a first round tackle, in fact he shouldn't come off the board until round 3-4. But, he will likely get overdrafted in the middle of round 2. :2c

Dee Dub
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Not to bust on your pick for the Steelers but let me bust on your pick. :)

Being a Buckeye fan and alum I'm normally in favor of drafting Buckeyes. But, Adams in the first round? I'm not sure I would take him in the 3rd, let alone the first. He is very raw, and while I seen a site who claims his footwork is terrific...I would question that. His feet are reasonable for a guy his size. He has some possible character issues. He lacks a mean streak and doesn't really maul in the run game like you would like. He isn't a first round tackle, in fact he shouldn't come off the board until round 3-4. But, he will likely get overdrafted in the middle of round 2. :2c

This dude must really suck cuz if he's a Buckeye even if he is a marginal player, Shawn is usually hyping them up as All-World. :P

Just kidding Shawn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
:lol:

You know it. :mrgreen:

I just know how this works. You have a massive guy with decent feet who plays at a major program and the next thing you know they are talking about the guy as a first rounder. He isn't a first round talent by a long shot. With that said, he has the measureables, the program and that will lend someone to overdrafting him.

Oviedo
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM

I just know how this works. You have a massive guy with decent feet who plays at a major program and the next thing you know they are talking about the guy as a first rounder. He isn't a first round talent by a long shot. With that said, he has the measureables, the program and that will lend someone to overdrafting him.

Sounds like you are describing Kris Farris? Kraig Urbik?

IMO I would go for a Safety or Inside LB. Wildcard would be a RB. A decision is going to be coming soon on Mendy and Redman is NOT nor will he ever be a #1 RB. Dwyer is still unknown and may have a injury that could hamper his already poor conditioning. Moore is old as dirt . Barron Batch we all love but he hasn't proven anything.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
1. Nobody ever said urbik had good feet.

2. Redman could get you through a year as a 1. Far worse have done it, don't know why you must continually bash this young man.

3. Spending a 1st on a RB??? You are either joking or still upset they didn't trade up for cj spiller like you wanted.

grotonsteel
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I would like a ball hawk safety if there is one in Rd 1 or a OG/OT in Rd 1.

If Steelers are picking No.32 i would not mind Josh Chapman of Alabama or M Barron SS.

DFlo
12-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o announced today that he's returning for his senior season, so he won't be going at #14 to the Chiefs.

Very convenient that he does that a day after I published my mock!

Hey DFlo. I don't follow much CFB so I don't know about the accuracy of your projections - of course who really does, but I really like what you have done. Yours will be a site that I read as the draft approaches.

Thanks for the kind words man!

I would like a ball hawk safety if there is one in Rd 1 or a OG/OT in Rd 1.

If Steelers are picking No.32 i would not mind Josh Chapman of Alabama or M Barron SS.

Barron might make sense but he's more than likely to be gone by the time the Steelers are picking

Shawn
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM

IMO I would go for a Safety or Inside LB. Wildcard would be a RB. A decision is going to be coming soon on Mendy and Redman is NOT nor will he ever be a #1 RB. Dwyer is still unknown and may have a injury that could hamper his already poor conditioning. Moore is old as dirt . Barron Batch we all love but he hasn't proven anything.

While I don't see us drafting another first round running back, I would agree with the rest. ILB, FS then OT would be my list in order.

As for RB, Redman is not a premiere #1 RB. The question in my mind is do we need that type of player with our passing game? I would like to grab a quick hands guy at running back but in the later rounds. I won't count Batch out, but two knee injuries later and I wonder if he will ever be the same runner.

focosteeler
12-14-2011, 11:38 PM

While I don't see us drafting another first round running back, I would agree with the rest. ILB, FS then OT would be my list in order.

As for RB, Redman is not a premiere #1 RB. The question in my mind is do we need that type of player with our passing game? I would like to grab a quick hands guy at running back but in the later rounds. I won't count Batch out, but two knee injuries later and I wonder if he will ever be the same runner.

To me, i think we need to upgrade our line. if our O-line could be one of the top in the league and be able to smash people in the run game, we wouldnt need a premiere #1 back. but we could potentially have one in Mendy, and match that with our passing attack our Offense would be unstoppable.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2011, 01:41 PM

To me, i think we need to upgrade our line. if our O-line could be one of the top in the league and be able to smash people in the run game, we wouldnt need a premiere #1 back. but we could potentially have one in Mendy, and match that with our passing attack our Offense would be unstoppable.

Are Arian Foster and Ben Tate both on pace to rush for 1000 yards because they are supremely talented RB's, or because the Houston OL is able to bulldoze holes in the opposing front line? I'll go with the latter.