PDA

View Full Version : Is it the Ravens time....

steelz09
12-11-2011, 11:22 AM
to beat us 3 times in 1 year and go on to the SB?

Let's face it, we got dominated the 1st game and should have won the second game.

The problem is, they may just have the better team this year.

QB - Steelers have the edge
WR - Steelers have the edge
SS - Steelers have the edge
CB - Steelers possibly? It's close.
TE - Steelers have the edge

DL - Ravens have the edge
OL - Ravens have the edge
** notice they have the edge in the trenches on both sides of the ball **
FS - Ravens have the edge
LB - Ravens probably have the edge
RB - Ravens have the edge

I think the problem is the obvious OL and DL edge that the Ravens have.

AkronSteel
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
The two teams are very close competitive wise. I don't feel the Rats have the better LB's though, I think the Steelers are better in that area but they do have better TE's. Dickson and Pitta are better as a tandem than Miller and Johnson. They are better in the trenches but the Steelers have better playmakers are on the outside by far. If the Steelers come out and run the right game plan next time around I don't see the Rats getting it done. The OL did a nice job of protecting BB in the last game, so I fully expect to see that again when we see them in January.

:ratsuck

sentinel33
12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
They were fortunate to get the win at heinz field.

It's also very hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season.

The teams are very equally matched and which ever team commits the fewest errors and makes the most/bigger splash plays will win the next game.

flippy
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Come playoff time, the difference in QB will be an even bigger edge.

williar
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Ravens have been doing everything right of late... If they knock off SD next week, I think we can concede the division, which will suck. We had our chance and didn't take advantage-SMH.... :x

I just hope we can get healthy because it will be a long, tough road through the playoffs.

steelz09
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Not to be the pessimistic but the Raven's very easily could have beaten us the last three times, not just two...

Last year in the playoffs, they were up by what? 21 points in the first half? And because of mistakes and whatnot, they allowed us to come back and squeeze out a victory.

JTP53609
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
i think the whole "beating a team 3 times in a year is very hard" is overrated, the better team will win more times than not, we were better than the browns in 2002, we were better than the rats in 08, the patriots were better than the jets in 06......
It is hard to sweep a playoff series in both hockey and baseball but it happens.

I think we can beat the ravens, but if we do win it is not going to be because we played them a third time and it meant we were due, it will be because we outplayed them

Scarletfire1970
12-11-2011, 10:44 PM
They were fortunate to get the win at heinz field.

The teams are very equally matched and which ever team commits the fewest errors and makes the most/bigger splash plays will win the next game.

That is what they said when we beat them 3 times in one season.

Shoe
12-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Not to be the pessimistic but the Raven's very easily could have beaten us the last three times, not just two...

Last year in the playoffs, they were up by what? 21 points in the first half? And because of mistakes and whatnot, they allowed us to come back and squeeze out a victory.

That means nothing jhansle1. We whooped them after that, and won the game. That's ALL that matters...

That being said, I am scared of that situation too. I DO NOT think they are the better team, but as you say--it's the way things work sometimes. This circumstance scares me.

I believe a lot in fate... If not fate, I do believe in feel... the way things feel. The feel here is that they will beat us if we have to play them in the playoffs. I DO NOT want that.

rpmpit
12-12-2011, 09:13 AM
It could be their time. I remember thinking after they beat us the second time this season, that it was like a younger brother finally getting the better of his older bro.

But it's not over yet. I think we face them again in the playoffs. And I think we win. I mean, our seasons don't ever really feel complete unless we knock those a-holes out of the playoffs :twisted:

feltdizz
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
We have to set the tone early if we are going to beat the Rats this year. Their first play from scrimmage has put us in our place IMO.

Say what you want about the Rats not being better than us but if we had 2 victories over them this year we would reference those wins as proof.

I don't want to face them this year... I'm getting that Pats/Jags feeling from the past when you knew regardless of what we threw at them they would find a way to win.

I'm OK with avoiding teams who have our number on our way to a SB...

WindyCitySteel
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Two are already in the bag. They don't have to beat us 3 times the rest of this year, only once.

Sugar
12-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't think, or feel, that the Ravens have our number at all. IMO, if both teams play their best ball we'll beat them. It's just on us to play our best ball.

steelz09
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
The two teams are very close competitive wise. I don't feel the Rats have the better LB's though, I think the Steelers are better in that area but they do have better TE's. Dickson and Pitta are better as a tandem than Miller and Johnson. They are better in the trenches but the Steelers have better playmakers are on the outside by far. If the Steelers come out and run the right game plan next time around I don't see the Rats getting it done. The OL did a nice job of protecting BB in the last game, so I fully expect to see that again when we see them in January.

:ratsuck

The LB comparison is really close. Suggs is better than any of our LB's right now so that is what may give them the edge. But the combination of Woodley and Harrison gives us the edge overall. However, McClain and Lewis might give them the edge on the inside.

steelz09
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM

That means nothing jhansle1. We whooped them after that, and won the game. That's ALL that matters...

That being said, I am scared of that situation too. I DO NOT think they are the better team, but as you say--it's the way things work sometimes. This circumstance scares me.

I believe a lot in fate... If not fate, I do believe in feel... the way things feel. The feel here is that they will beat us if we have to play them in the playoffs. I DO NOT want that.

I don't think you can say we "whooped" them. We won that game w/ Ben threw a bomb to A. Brown on a 3rd and 19!

The Ravens gave us that game imo. A "whooping" is what we got in Week 1. Yes, we turned the ball over too but mainly because their defense forced those turnovers by dominating the line of scrimmage.

snarky
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
We all had a big laugh when harbaugh said they were better than us even though we beat them. So IMO we have to concede that they are a better team than us and the only thing that wil change that is beating them on the playoffs or winning the snow (if we happen to miss them in the Playpffs).

All that said 2005 sure seemed like it might be the bengals time and look what happened then.

I guess my biggest fear is that flacco has gained some confidence that he didn't have before against the steelers. He is a decent qb but has looked like a deer in the headlights against the steelers.

Sorry for any typos posting fron iPhone.

7 UP
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
to beat us 3 times in 1 year and go on to the SB?

Let's face it, we got dominated the 1st game and should have won the second game.

The problem is, they may just have the better team this year.

QB - Steelers have the edge This isnt as big of an edge as it used to be. Flacco has impressed me this year
WR - Steelers have the edge
SS - Steelers have the edge
CB - Steelers possibly? It's close.
TE - Steelers have the edge I would call this a draw. Pita and Dickson have really played well this year

DL - Ravens have the edge
OL - Ravens have the edge
** notice they have the edge in the trenches on both sides of the ball **
FS - Ravens have the edge
LB - Ravens probably have the edge Depends on who's healthy on both sides. If healthy I still give this edge to the Steelers
RB - Ravens have the edge

This may just be the Ravens year. I see an ultra tight game, that ends up coming down to who has the ball last. The difference to me is, in any other season, Flacco has the ball with 40 seconds left and you feel pretty confident. Flacco has the ball with 40 seconds left this year and your sweating bullets.

feltdizz
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
We all had a big laugh when harbaugh said they were better than us even though we beat them. So IMO we have to concede that they are a better team than us and the only thing that wil change that is beating them on the playoffs or winning the snow (if we happen to miss them in the Playpffs).

All that said 2005 sure seemed like it might be the bengals time and look what happened then.

I guess my biggest fear is that flacco has gained some confidence that he didn't have before against the steelers. He is a decent qb but has looked like a deer in the headlights against the steelers.

Sorry for any typos posting fron iPhone.

Flacco used to look like a deer in headlights but this year he looks like a QB who knows how to beat us.

The best bet is their OC getting pass happy and going away from their strength.

NC Steeler Fan
12-12-2011, 06:30 PM
To answer the main question of this thread...

It's NEVER anyone else's time until we are out of it! :twisted:

fordfixer
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
To answer the main question of this thread...

It's NEVER anyone else's time until we are out of it! :twisted:
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

williar
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Player for player, I like our talent as much as anybody's. When teams are as closely matched as stl vs. bal, it just comes down to a game of wills, who wants it more. The way we showed up in our last two matches, there is no doubt about who wanted it more. It's obvious the ravens main mission this year has been to beat the steelers and win the division. It's time for our team to intensify and start fighting back. I'm not ready to turn the division over to the ravens.

TallyStiller
12-12-2011, 11:01 PM
The game here swung on one play... the Suggs pick on the bubble screen. Problem is, there have been too many of those types of plays by our guys against just about everybody to consider that an aberration. We get away with turnovers and mistakes against bad teams like K C and Cleveland, but not in a close game against a good team liable to be decided by inches anyways.

pfelix73
12-12-2011, 11:19 PM
"Last year in the playoffs, they were up by what? 21 points in the first half? And because of mistakes and whatnot, they allowed us to come back and squeeze out a victory."

This can work the other way too.. They jumped out to a 21 pt lead because of mistakes too.... It works both ways.... Tehn we dominated and had points than them with 0:00 on the clock....