PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Steelers of All Time On NFL NETWORK Now

SteelCrazy
12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
started at 10 pm Eastern

Shoe
12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Again, dumbfounded (not really; I know Woodson was on NFLN at the time) that Woodson was ranked #4, ahead of JACK LAMBERT and MEL BLOUNT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rod Woodson wasn't even the definitively most important piece, from those 90's teams. Greg Lloyd set the tone for the defense, and therefore the entire team.

Discipline of Steel
12-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Again, dumbfounded (not really; I know Woodson was on NFLN at the time) that Woodson was ranked #4, ahead of JACK LAMBERT and MEL BLOUNT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rod Woodson wasn't even the definitively most important piece, from those 90's teams. Greg Lloyd set the tone for the defense, and therefore the entire team.

Lambert has set the tone for the organization since the day he first stepped on the field. #2 behind only The Chief.

SteelBucks
12-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Any list that does not include Jack Ham or Mike Webster is completely BS.

flippy
12-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Flippy's Saturday Morning List

1. Big Ben
2. Mean Joe
3. Jack Ham
4. Terry
5. Troy
6. Blount
7. Ward
8. Lambert
9. James Harrison
10. Dirt

papillon
12-10-2011, 08:39 AM
No Dobre Shunka, ROTFLMFAO, thast just shows how criminally stupid some people are or what some will do to get clicks, comments and attention. JFC, Ham is in the top 10 linebackers of all-time, but he can't crack the Steelers top 10 players. http://stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Pappy

DukieBoy
12-10-2011, 12:08 PM
No Dobre Shunka, ROTFLMFAO, thast just shows how criminally stupid some people are or what some will do to get clicks, comments and attention. JFC, Ham is in the top 10 linebackers of all-time, but he can't crack the Steelers top 10 players. http://stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Pappy

x2

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2011, 12:46 PM
The Steelers require a top 25 list (at minimum).

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
We need three lists one for the 70's team, one for the rest, and Joe Greene.

Mean Joe is the GREATEST Steeler to ever breathe. He set the tone for this team, as more pieces were added he wasn't so "mean" anymore but without his hatred of losing this franchise doesn't have the incredible succeess it had in the 70's. Jack Lambert was great but his greatness was aided considerably imo by playing behind the best defensive lineman to play the game.

Top 10 70's
-----------------------------
1. Mel Blount -
Best corner to play the game, if they change the game because of you fa get about it.

2. Jack Ham
Best outside lieback to play the game.

3. Jack Lambert
Nuff said.

4. Mike Webster
Best Center of all time oly dirt come close IMO

5. Franco Harris
One of the greatest running backs of all time, F*CK Jim Brown!

6. Terry Bradshaw
4-4 in the biggest of game

7. Dwight White
According to his teammates he was the meanest member of the Curtain.

8. Mike Wagner
One of the most under rated members of this team. Solid in every way a complete player.

9. Stallworth and Swann
Both HOF'ers both great in their own respect but neither would havee been as good without the other.

10. Andy Russell
One of the only players to survive Chuck Noll's first three years. Mentored and anchored arguably the greatest linebacking corps in the history of the game. Another underrated member of the first two super bowls.

Top non 70's
-------------------
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Troy Polamalu
3. Jermoe Bettis
4. Hines Ward
5. James Harrison
6. Greg Lloyd
7. Casey Hampton
8. Rod Woodson
9. Dermontti Dawson
10. ERNIE STAUTNER

I give more weight to Super Bowl victories.

DukieBoy
12-12-2011, 08:43 PM
We need three lists one for the 70's team, one for the rest, and Joe Greene.

Mean Joe is the GREATEST Steeler to ever breathe. He set the tone for this team, as more pieces were added he wasn't so "mean" anymore but without his hatred of losing this franchise doesn't have the incredible succeess it had in the 70's. Jack Lambert was great but his greatness was aided considerably imo by playing behind the best defensive lineman to play the game.

Top 10 70's
-----------------------------
1. Mel Blount -
Best corner to play the game, if they change the game because of you fa get about it.

2. Jack Ham
Best outside lieback to play the game.

3. Jack Lambert
Nuff said.

4. Mike Webster
Best Center of all time oly dirt come close IMO

5. Franco Harris
One of the greatest running backs of all time, F*CK Jim Brown!

6. Terry Bradshaw
4-4 in the biggest of game

7. Dwight White
According to his teammates he was the meanest member of the Curtain.

8. Mike Wagner
One of the most under rated members of this team. Solid in every way a complete player.

9. Stallworth and Swann
Both HOF'ers both great in their own respect but neither would havee been as good without the other.

10. Andy Russell
One of the only players to survive Chuck Noll's first three years. Mentored and anchored arguably the greatest linebacking corps in the history of the game. Another underrated member of the first two super bowls.

Top non 70's
-------------------
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Troy Polamalu
3. Jermoe Bettis
4. Hines Ward
5. James Harrison
6. Greg Lloyd
7. Casey Hampton
8. Rod Woodson
9. Dermontti Dawson
10. ERNIE STAUTNER

I give more weight to Super Bowl victories.

Can second the 11 on your top 10 list from the '70's, except Donnie Shell belongs there too.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
12-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Can second the 11 on your top 10 list from the '70's, except Donnie Shell belongs there too.

I know, Donnie is right there but Wagner was so invisible and never really gets a mention I had to throw him out there. Either way it's a good to be able to debate such a topic, we could be born in Cincy and have Anthoney Munoz to talk about :tt1

:bungalssuck