PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Off-season Hole to Fill??

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Since the beginning of the year the holes on this team have changed some. Early on it was clear the O-line was the biggest concern. But honestly, the group of Starks-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert have actually played pretty well together. Everything I read says the Steelers are very pleased with Legursky at LG (especially with his ability to pull). Starks has come back and done a very nice job at LT. So with that said, O-line doesn’t appear the big hole that it once was.

Now lets’ move to what was probably the second biggest hole early in the year. Cornerback. Taking a line from Ruthless, “Gay Island” has really emerged as a descent CB. And with the flashes that Keenan Lewis has shown, and Ike on the other side, this doesn’t appear to be that big of a hole anymore either.

So what’s left?

Quarterback? Fahgetaboutit!
Running back? Not a hole
Wide Receiver? Negative!
D-Line? Not a hole (could use some more depth)—McClendon looks like he could fill Casey spot
Outside LB? No way. Harrison-Woodley-Worilds

That leaves safety and ILB

Since James Farrior will probably retire this year and leave a position open (and Clark probably will return to safety, or at last be challenged by someone like Cortez Allen), that would make ILB the biggest hole going into the off season. Right?

So what is the best route to get the best player to fill one of those spots? Free Agency or Draft? We know the Steeleers are never really big free agent spenders, however, there is a chance the Steelers may have some interests in Minnesota free agenct to be, E.J. Henderson. He played for Tomlin before. And at his age 31, he may come at a relatively less than crazy amount.

As far as the draft is concerned the Steelers will no doubt be drafting at the back end of round one (hopefully 32nd). Using this GBNREPORT.com top 100 (http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html ), we can clearly see that an impact LB probably won’t be there. But they very well could move up not too far and get a sliding Manti Te’o, Luke Kuechly, or Votanze Burfict. Or they could stay pat and draft Dont'a Hightower (plays the "Mike" in Bama's 3-4). They also may be in line to get one of the best safeties in the draft Mark Barron, Bacarri Rambo (should he declare), or Markele Martin if they stay put.

What are your thoughts on this?

Chadman
12-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Chadman's thoughts are these-

Drafting at the bottom end of Round 1, the Steelers will probably do as they have done of late- draft young players to back-up old players to take over eventually, not immediately. This puts NT, OT, FS, ILB, even SS on the radar. Chadman suspects that the Steelers will not put off finding a suitable 'plug' at NT for another year, particularly with Hoke done. So within the first 3 rounds, chadman expects a NT in there. ILB is a good chance, as Farrior will likely be done after the year. Foote will likely step in for a year with a rookie learning behind him. If there is value at the end of Round 1- ILB might be a good chance. But with the way LB's tend to have value throughout a draft- Chadman wouldn't be surprised if Rounds 2-3 are going to offer better value. Starks has come back & is playing well. However, he's on a 1 year contract. Chadman suspects Starks will likely be re-signed, but he's over 30 now- the Steelers might look for a young OT to back him up. 1st round? Probably not- but certainly within the first 4-5 rounds. Ryan Clark can't go forever. That said, with Gay Island emerging, Keenan Lewis no longer sucking & Curtis Brown in the wings, the Steelers might look to move Cortez Allen to FS (smart move). This would be a very possible move, removing FS from the draft requirements. SS however, may need some investigating. Probably not as a 1st round option, but maybe Round 3 onwards.

So, Chadman's thoughts on the draft are as such-
Top 'Need'- Back-up NT, Back-up ILB in Round 1

2nd/3rd Round types- OT, NT/ILB, SS or they could just go out & grab an OG.

3rd round onwards- OT, OG, SS- then look for depth at RB/WR/TE/OLB- whatever offers the best value.

As for FA, the Steelers will likely try & fill whatever weakness they see in their roster through FA. Won't be a 'grab a star' type, but if they don't believe Foote can hold the ILB position until the rookie is ready, then a vet ILB, or a vet OT/OG might fit the mould here.

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Chadman's thoughts are these-

Drafting at the bottom end of Round 1, the Steelers will probably do as they have done of late- draft young players to back-up old players to take over eventually, not immediately. This puts NT, OT, FS, ILB, even SS on the radar. Chadman suspects that the Steelers will not put off finding a suitable 'plug' at NT for another year, particularly with Hoke done. So within the first 3 rounds, chadman expects a NT in there. ILB is a good chance, as Farrior will likely be done after the year. Foote will likely step in for a year with a rookie learning behind him. If there is value at the end of Round 1- ILB might be a good chance. But with the way LB's tend to have value throughout a draft- Chadman wouldn't be surprised if Rounds 2-3 are going to offer better value. Starks has come back & is playing well. However, he's on a 1 year contract. Chadman suspects Starks will likely be re-signed, but he's over 30 now- the Steelers might look for a young OT to back him up. 1st round? Probably not- but certainly within the first 4-5 rounds. Ryan Clark can't go forever. That said, with Gay Island emerging, Keenan Lewis no longer sucking & Curtis Brown in the wings, the Steelers might look to move Cortez Allen to FS (smart move). This would be a very possible move, removing FS from the draft requirements. SS however, may need some investigating. Probably not as a 1st round option, but maybe Round 3 onwards.

So, Chadman's thoughts on the draft are as such-
Top 'Need'- Back-up NT, Back-up ILB in Round 1

2nd/3rd Round types- OT, NT/ILB, SS or they could just go out & grab an OG.

3rd round onwards- OT, OG, SS- then look for depth at RB/WR/TE/OLB- whatever offers the best value.

As for FA, the Steelers will likely try & fill whatever weakness they see in their roster through FA. Won't be a 'grab a star' type, but if they don't believe Foote can hold the ILB position until the rookie is ready, then a vet ILB, or a vet OT/OG might fit the mould here.

Thanks Chadman for participating. What if McClendon continues to progress? Would you still use a number 1 on a back-up NT?

steelblood
12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I really like Stevenson Sylvestor. I think he can play. He is athletic and a willing tackler. He may be a little light and not stout enough against the run. But, that is my only concern.

I think we can draft a G, ILB, FS, or OT in the first round. We can afford to go BPA because we have (or can have) a contingency plan at each position. We will look for a WR or two, a RB of the future, a backup QB, a CB, and a kicker later in the draft or in a budget FA or UDFA.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-09-2011, 08:36 PM
good thread Dub.

although the OL has done reasonably well,I believe a top flight OG could make a huge difference. I will bow to others who is the best and whether he might be available when we pick. From what I read, Glenn or DiCastro would easily be the best options. However, you can win a lot of games without 1st round guards.

that said, I would prefer a safety that has good range and ballskills. With Troys health and clarks style of play diminishing, I feel this would offer the best value down the road.

ILB,I think can be found in the 2-4 range.

also,with Sanders feet, a WR in that range is not out of the question.

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
good thread Dub.

although the OL has done reasonably well,I believe a top flight OG could make a huge difference. I will bow to others who is the best and whether he might be available when we pick. From what I read, Glenn or DiCastro would easily be the best options. However, you can win a lot of games without 1st round guards.

that said, I would prefer a safety that has good range and ballskills. With Troys health and clarks style of play diminishing, I feel this would offer the best value down the road.

ILB,I think can be found in the 2-4 range.

also,with Sanders feet, a WR in that range is not out of the question.

Thanks Eddie. Good points by you.

As far as adding a WR I sure hope the Steelers kick the tires on Iowa's Marvin McNutt if he is around when they draft in round 3. He would bring some added size to the receiving core and he is an above average blocker who is tough over the middle.

bostonsteeler
12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
How about the one in Kemo' head?

pittpete
12-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Steelers O-line is ranked 29th best in the league
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... M&tabSeq=2 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&qualified=true&role=TM&tabSeq=2)

Steelers O-line should never be described as playing reasonably well :P

focosteeler
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
1 - Bacarri Rambo - Georgia
2 - Lucas Nix - Pitt
3 - Jeff Fuller - Texas A&M if he checks out health wise
4 - Ryan Miller - CU
5 - hmmmm Asa Jackson - Cal Poly
6 - Rhett Ellison - USC
7 - dunno

Eddie Spaghetti
12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... M&tabSeq=2 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&qualified=true&role=TM&tabSeq=2)

since max starks returned, they have played well, kemo nonwithstanding. They are 10-3

watch the games.

Shoe
12-10-2011, 12:21 AM

since max starks returned, they have played well, kemo nonwithstanding. They are 10-3

watch the games.

"Well" needs to be put into a little context.

The elephant in the room that no one's talking about is the more-than-nagging leg (ankle) injuries to Pouncey. At some point, we're going to have to call them chronic (i.e. career threatening). I still have high hopes for him, and hold him in high regard as a football player... but let's not ignore the fact that he keeps hobbling off the field with leg injuries.

If you take that into account, along with our Guard position, where:
a) Kemoeatu basically took out a commercial on national TV, telling the world he is incapable of playing dead in the NFL
b) Legursky, a self-made but wholly limited, pumped-up collegiate football player in the mold of Rudy
c) Ramon Foster, who is nothing more than a serviceable starter

Even if Colon can adjust or push Gilbert inside to Guard, we need to replenish there.

Steel Life
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Guard is the most apparent but ILB is next as Sly has not developed the way we all hoped he would.

DeCastro or bust!

sd steel
12-10-2011, 01:58 AM
After watching last night I would say first priority would be a back up QB, who has a little mobility and a little bit of an arm. Batch is done, Dixon is mobile, but can't throw, and Byron can throw but has no mobility...and is never available. We need someone who can at least move around and put a drive together if Ben ever really goes out for more than 3 plays.

Chadman
12-10-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks Chadman for participating. What if McClendon continues to progress? Would you still use a number 1 on a back-up NT?

If McLendon continues to impress, it might push the NT position into more of a mid-round need.

But the Steelers have been spoilt by excellent NT play over the last 15 or so years between Casey & Joel Steed. Chadman doubts they'll risk a drop-off on such an important role. McLendon has done nothing, in Chadman's view, to diminish the need to replace Hampton with a high-calibre NT. McLendon looks to be a Hoke replacement- which is not a bad thing.

ILB looks like a sexy pick, but Foote can hold the position beside Timmons until a rookie is good to go. And a 'thumper' ILB isn't necessarily a 1st round talent. With the increase in teams running 3-4 systems, a prime NT is getting more difficult to attain.

steeler_george
12-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Our needs:

1) Guard- we currently have guards that are adequate, but very inconsistent one game good one game thinking they suck.

2) Safety- Mundy don't really like him, he has been on the team for about 4 years, and I don't he improved at all. When Clark or Troy are out, we all take deep breaths.

3) ILB- Sly is improving. Farrior is still playing decent ball, but so did Ward last year. Foote and Timmons are above adequate in starting next year.

4) NT not a dire weakness but with Hampton aging and Hoke gone time to find one.

5) QB- Dixon sucks. Batch is a hometown hero, but old. Leftwich can't survive preseason. Maybe we find an old vet in FA for back up.

6) OT- now depends on if we resign Starks.

Now where do we go in round 1?

I believe in this theory we alternate selections between O and D, last year was D, so this year we are going O.

That being said, I think we go G or T.

I think if there is talent at T we put more value there, Gilbert has played G so he can flip to LG. And don't be shocked if we pick up a RB if one drops, and look to trade Mendy. He is a good RB, but his contract is coming up, and I rather lock the money on our "young money core". Plus, RB are plug in players, how many good years does he still have left in him? I am not say it is not undervaluing the position that is how it is.

Round 2/3/4 - Saftey/ ILB/ NT

Really there is no depth, and we are aging at those positions. Few bright spots in Allen, Mcwhatever, and Sly. But not sure if they are every snap players.

Steelerphile
12-10-2011, 08:29 AM
After watching last night I would say first priority would be a back up QB, who has a little mobility and a little bit of an arm. Batch is done, Dixon is mobile, but can't throw, and Byron can throw but has no mobility...and is never available. We need someone who can at least move around and put a drive together if Ben ever really goes out for more than 3 plays.

I disagree on Dixon, when you say he can't throw. He can throw better than he gets credit for. He throws as well as Batch. I wish he weren't so slim, that puts him in the shade, but he's got some throwing skills. If Ben can't go I wish they would look at Dixon instead of Batch.

sd steel
12-10-2011, 09:47 AM

I disagree on Dixon, when you say he can't throw. He can throw better than he gets credit for. He throws as well as Batch. I wish he weren't so slim, that puts him in the shade, but he's got some throwing skills. If Ben can't go I wish they would look at Dixon instead of Batch.

OK, how about Dixon has no confidence to throw on the NFL level. We need someone who has some reps and some mobility, and Byron and Batch aren't the answer.

sentinel33
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
If we don't get a LG in rounds 1 or 2 than we are right back where we have been with the O-line. Gilbert has played well enough in his rookie season that I think he has a future at RT. I have no problem with Foster at RG. Look at the teams record when he's in the lineup. He's a starter and a good player. Too many knocks on him.
With Pouncey, it's all about this health elephant that has entered the room. Too early to give up on him. We have Legursky as the backup G/C and I think that is an ideal position for him in this league. He's the offense's Hoke.
Starks has played quite well considering he is coming off a serious injury. Well enough to re-sign him.
And the LG spot is absolutely bad. We have nothing there and that spot, above all others, is the weakest spot on the team. I don't care what we have to do to fill it with a high caliber player, either. A 1st or 2nd round pick is fine with me. Anybody remember a guy named Alan Faneca?

Think about it-

Starks-1st/2nd rndr-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
Essex---------Legursky---------Colon

Take a G in the 1st and a NT in the 2nd. Or vice versa. Take a S int he 1st and a G in the 2nd. Or vice versa.

There is no position on the team in more dire straights than LG.

Just my humble, but strong, opinion.

SteelAbility
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Right now the biggest hole the Steelers need to fill is the one in Kemoeatu's head.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Question:

What if David DeCastro and Cordy Glenn are off the board when we are picking, but Peter Konz from Wisconsin is still available? I realize that we already have our center of the present and future (tummyaches not withstanding), but do you think that the best center prospect in the draft, the 6'5" 315 lbs. Konz, could translate to a starting LG for us instead (and a heck of an insurance policy in case Pouncey were ever to go down...Tomlin always preaches about the more you can do).

Steelerphile
12-10-2011, 02:32 PM
[quote="sd steel":2t6dyvas]After watching last night I would say first priority would be a back up QB, who has a little mobility and a little bit of an arm. Batch is done, Dixon is mobile, but can't throw, and Byron can throw but has no mobility...and is never available. We need someone who can at least move around and put a drive together if Ben ever really goes out for more than 3 plays.

OK, how about Dixon has no confidence to throw on the NFL level. We need someone who has some reps and some mobility, and Byron and Batch aren't the answer.[/quote:2t6dyvas]

That's your assessment but I wouldn't agree with it. Dixon does have confidence. He believes he can be a starter in the NFL. He and his agent were trying to get him to a place where he could compete to start. I know there are people, like yourself, who have a bad opinion of Dixon. He hasn't had a lot of NFL reps, but I like him a bit and prefer him to Batch. You only get the reps when they put you in.

sd steel
12-10-2011, 05:31 PM
[quote="sd steel":3pqnhq40]After watching last night I would say first priority would be a back up QB, who has a little mobility and a little bit of an arm. Batch is done, Dixon is mobile, but can't throw, and Byron can throw but has no mobility...and is never available. We need someone who can at least move around and put a drive together if Ben ever really goes out for more than 3 plays.

OK, how about Dixon has no confidence to throw on the NFL level. We need someone who has some reps and some mobility, and Byron and Batch aren't the answer.

That's your assessment but I wouldn't agree with it. Dixon does have confidence. He believes he can be a starter in the NFL. He and his agent were trying to get him to a place where he could compete to start. I know there are people, like yourself, who have a bad opinion of Dixon. He hasn't had a lot of NFL reps, but I like him a bit and prefer him to Batch. You only get the reps when they put you in.[/quote:3pqnhq40]

Well if broken down old Batch can beat him out in practice to be the #2 there is something going on. I would much rather have Dixon playing over Batch but for some reason the coaching staff doesn't see it that way.

pfelix73
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Gilbert has been talked about as the heir- apparent to the LT position. That's why they drafted him. With that being said, it will all depend on that RT spot. Maybe they do bring back Starks for one more year, but maybe they also put Colon back at RT and move Gilbert to his LT spot for years to come.

Legs is gonna stay at LG and Pouncey at C. They could add a FA to compete with Foster at RG or draft one in the later rounds.

Drafting where they will be drafting, they can afford to just sit there as usual and see who falls theur way and just pick the BPA. I would actually like to see another TE added to the roster, since our buddy BA is in love with the 2 and 3 TE sets. A good blocking TE would add some help up front too. Not so sure Miller and Johnson are the best at blocking. In fact, Heath has his fair share of holds.....

I'd still say ILB and DB's- Safety- are the biggest needs right now... Looking like Gay is starting to play up to potential, finally, so Safety position over the CB position I would think. Then again, maybe a Kicker- like Oakland did with Janikowski- NOT. lol

:tt1

jj28west
12-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Maybe I am in the minority but the biggest droppoff right now to me is the QB position and with Byron being injury prone as the backup leaves a lot of exposure. What happened to Garrard? I have not seen Donovan play since the playoffs as an Eagle but all I read is he is done.

As far as everything else I am giddy when looking at this team on paper for next year with the right mix of age and youth.

There are skilled positions where the #4 would be a #2 on nother teams.

winwithd
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Along the lines of the hole in Kemo's head, which will no longer need to be filled next year because I think (hope) he will be put out to pasture and won't be on the team, hence no need to fill that hole; I'd say the void in Mike Wallace's wallet.

I still have hopes for Ivy at ILB. I thought he looked better than Sly in the preseason.

If Cortez does not move over to FS (Clark's position) then I that is a big hole as I think he is slowing down and I'd blame him more than Gay for the second loss to the Ratturds.

I'd like to see more of McClendon because I am not sure what we have in him. I don't think Hampton doesnt have much left as a top shelf player. It may be time to consider a big investment at NT.

If Rashard leaves, what about Batch and Redman as RB duo. Batch half the time and Redman spelling him and in short yardage and goalline situations. Isnt Batch something 207 lbs or so? Emmitt Smith and Walter Peyton I think were about that size.

Charlie Batch was done last year already. I dont know why they dont give Dixon a try. Two years ago in Baltimore he had us ahead in the 4th. Then the defense let the game go into OT and Dixon made a mistake, IMO, due to inexperience. I thought he showed a lot of promise in that game, esp. with only about 15 plays from the playbook to work with. Plus his TD run in the 4th was a prime example of what he offers that Leftwich does not. I'd give him every shot in the world to gain some confidence. I think 4th quarters like the Titans and Bengals games are situations where he should get some time. Hopefully by halftime against the Rams we will be up 20 pts and be a chance to give him work. Why subject Ben to any necessary opportunities for injury? And if we would happen to lose to SF, which I dont think will happen, and the Cleveland game is meaningless as far as playoff seeds go it would be a good time to let Dixon play.

Snatch98
12-10-2011, 08:43 PM
LG, LG, LG but with where we'll likely draft that isn't likely so I'd say ILB and add another safety. I do think Mundy has played reasonably well when he's had too. Who knows maybe the team will trade up, it's not like they haven't in the past.

If they trade up, LG, LG, LG.

Kemo is awful and I don't like bouncing legs all over the line and certainly don't trust Essex. Unless Colon plays guard but at that point can we trust that guy to stay healthy? and is he even worth keeping around because of his injury history.

Getting a competent LG to play between Starks and Pouncey could make the left side of our line pretty damn good, not to mention Gilbert is really showing something as a rookie and Legs can always be the starting RG with Foster rotating in when necessary.

One more time LG. I'm sick of Kemo and his brain dead BS.

pfelix73
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I guess you don't read/listen to the press then- the local press in Pittsburgh that is. It sounds as though they (FO & coaches) are satisfied with Legursky at LG. He's young and more than capable of starting in the NFL. He's now the fixture at LG for years to come. Kemo is on his way out- not only because of his recent play but because of his salary cap as well.

Again, Gilbert was drafted to play LT at some point. The experience he's gotten at RT will help him tremendously at LT- probably next year unless Starks signs for cheap. Remember, Colon will be back AGAIN. So, he's the RT barring more injuries. That leaves RG. They can draft another body in the later rounds, or go via FA to find someone to compete at RG with Foster.

It'll come down to BPA when they pick. Gee whiz, 5 months from now......lol

focosteeler
12-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I guess you don't read/listen to the press then- the local press in Pittsburgh that is. It sounds as though they (FO & coaches) are satisfied with Legursky at LG. He's young and more than capable of starting in the NFL. He's now the fixture at LG for years to come. Kemo is on his way out- not only because of his recent play but because of his salary cap as well.

Again, Gilbert was drafted to play LT at some point. The experience he's gotten at RT will help him tremendously at LT- probably next year unless Starks signs for cheap. Remember, Colon will be back AGAIN. So, he's the RT barring more injuries. That leaves RG. They can draft another body in the later rounds, or go via FA to find someone to compete at RG with Foster.

It'll come down to BPA when they pick. Gee whiz, 5 months from now......lol

they might be satisfied but i still think there is room for improvment. I would be very happy to have legursky as our primary backup to the center and guards on gameday. I think they need to draft 2 lineman, a guard and a guard/tackle to improve our starters and our backups.

i think they should try a resign starks again, he has proven himself. let gilbert gain strength and skill for another year before throwing him on the other side. let colon compete for a spot, as a back up or starter somewhere on the line.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-10-2011, 11:43 PM
no way legursky is the LG for years to come.

decent back up-spot starter is his role.

NJ-STEELER
12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
if starks doesnt re sign with the team

then the #1 hole is LT.

even if he comes back, i wouldnt mind drafting his replacement in the 1st and groom him for a year or 2

steeler_george
12-12-2011, 06:43 AM
I wonder what Kemo's trade value is right now. Can we get a possible 3rd or 4th for him.
If traded his salary is off the books right?

Hey draft gurus is this draft deep in Guards and Tackles?

As it stand I think it 2012 OL IS:

STARKS-GILBERT-POUNCEY-FOSTER/LEGS-COLON

and don't forget about that Scott kid who started a few games in the pre-season but was overwhelmed. May be he is a under radar project.

steelz09
12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I think the biggest offseason hole the following, in order: S, ILB, NT, G, T

S - We need a FS of the future. A playmaker, ballhawk type of player. I will leave it open as to FS or SS because Troy has the closing speed to play FS if injuries continue to be a problem.

ILB - We need a starting ILB. Foote and Farrior are getting old and it's time to get younger here.

NT - I think McClendon can start in this league. However, we need depth in a bad way here.

Guard - More Depth and potential starter

Tackle - More Depth

steelz09
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
The hell with the "Best Player Available" (BPA) strategy. Let's just draft, best Florida Gator o-lineman available. We'll soon have an all-gator line :)

Starks - Gator
Gilbert - Gator
Pouncey - Gator

Only 2 more to go!

NorthCoast
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM

watch the .

If you factor in strength of schedule, the glass goes from half full to half empty. I don't think a single fan can honestly say this offense has performed to preseason expectations.

NorthCoast
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
The Steelers are 1-5 against top 10 ranked teams. Yeah, we beat up on teams ranked 15th and lower. Contrast that with Baltimore, who are 5-0 against top 10 teams.

Bottom line is the Steelers do win, but it has not been pretty most of the way and it likely does not bode well if they make it to the playoffs.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
hold on there professor.

they are 10-3. Where are you getting 1-5?

SS Laser
12-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Biggest hole to fill is a kicker that does not cause me to stroke out EVERY time he kicks! :moon

I always like BPA with some need for first round. So o-line, ILB, safety, NT or corner if there. Best player please. No problem here with trading up for the right guy also.

Dixon will be gone after this year I think and Batch. So that leaves a 3rd QB after lefty.
I have been hearing there are a few good QB's in this draft. Lets take one again like we did with Dixon and hope he can play well when Ben is out. It will happen at some point.

Also we need a kicker please. 8)

Might as well grab a WR to groom also. Any of our guys could get hurt. Also a RB if high value grab him.

Man I love the Draft. Did you guys see there will be other combine like workouts in select citys?

drprwnap
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
A NEW COMMISSIONER!

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder what Kemo's trade value is right now. Can we get a possible 3rd or 4th for him.

We couldn't trade Kemoeatu for a box full of button holes. No team would be willing to give up anything of value and take on his bloated salary. He'll be cut at season's end.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Baltimore, who are 5-0 against top 10 teams.

Of course, the flip side of this argument is that Flacco and the Ravens are cabable of crapping the bed at any time, to any team (they've already blown games against Jacksonville, Seattle, and Tennessee). We may not always be pretty about it, but at least we come out with W's against the dregs of the league that we should beat, unlike Baltimore.