PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall looked good

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
outside of the GL of course...

I haven't been a fan of Mendenhall this year because I didn't see this Mendenhall for 90% of the season.

I hope he continues to tear it up. :Clap

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-09-2011, 02:29 PM

I haven't been a fan of Mendenhall this year because I didn't see this Mendenhall for 90% of the season.

I said on the message board that he seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on.

I still worry that he carries the ball so loosely (he almost lost one last night). And I hope that his failure to get across the goal line (which I just can't make up my mind whether that's his fault, or the O-line's fault ... he doesn't seem to do as well as some other RBs when he's hit for the first time though) doesn't shatter whatever mojo he may have been building up for himself the last few weeks.

Mojo? :wft

Eich
12-09-2011, 02:29 PM

He was running hard and had some nice moves. But the goal line was a failure. After he got crushed, I don't know why they didn't replace him with Redman. I think Mendy was dazed by 2nd down.

snarky
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
If that's how our GL offense is going to look while Ben is on the mend from his ankle sprain, I would consider bringing in either Batch or Dixon in those situations because with Ben in there we are going to get stacked up at the line.

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM

He was running hard and had some nice moves. But the goal line was a failure. After he got crushed, I don't know why they didn't replace him with Redman. I think Mendy was dazed by 2nd down.

had to be dazed... head snapped back and it was H2H.

I'm encouraged because he actually looked like a RB last night. He ran like this in the playoffs too but for some reason he keeps going back to DWTS...

If Redman is the short yardage back why the heck isn't he in on GL plays?

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
If that's how our GL offense is going to look while Ben is on the mend from his ankle sprain, I would consider bringing in either Batch or Dixon in those situations because with Ben in there we are going to get stacked up at the line.

bring in the north south runner and all the problems are solved.

snarky
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM

I agree that bringing in IR is the right move there. But if we can't throw (and the other team knows it) I think our OL will have trouble getting any push whatsoever. TBH, I'd rather see Dixon in there at QB if we are in a situation where all Ben can do is hand off (due to his ankle sprain). Batch has zero mobility at this point and putting Dixon in would make the other team respect both the pass and the edge.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-09-2011, 02:40 PM

I agree that bringing in IR is the right move there. But if we can't throw (and the other team knows it) I think our OL will have trouble getting any push whatsoever. TBH, I'd rather see Dixon in there at QB if we are in a situation where all Ben can do is hand off (due to his ankle sprain). Batch has zero mobility at this point and putting Dixon in would make the other team respect both the pass and the edge.

Is Dixon dressable? I know he wasn't dressed last night ... he's not on IR, is he?

(IR - "injured reserve". Not "Isaac Redman". Dixon wouldn't be on Isaac Redman. That would just be wrong.)

snarky
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Is Dixon dressable? I know he wasn't dressed last night ... he's not on IR, is he?

(IR - "injured reserve". Not "Isaac Redman". Dixon wouldn't be on Isaac Redman. That would just be wrong.)

Are you telling me we are operating with only one back-up QB and it is Charlie Batch? I just assumed that with BL not dressing, Dixon was good to go. Having Batch as our only cover scares me more than a little given his injury rate when he actually plays.

Oviedo
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Failure by the OL not Mendy

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 03:29 PM

I would hardly say Mendenhall tore it up last night.

I think Redman looked better and his YPC shows that. Redman hits the hole with far more authority than Mendenhall.

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM

I think Redman looked better and his YPC shows that. Redman hits the hole with far more authority than Mendenhall.

I disagree and I'm a big Redman fan...

Mend was getting nice gains and had a much better game last night outside of the GL stand. Mend's YPC took a hit because of the GL stand.

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 06:06 PM

I disagree and I'm a big Redman fan...

Mend was getting nice gains and had a much better game last night outside of the GL stand. Mend's YPC took a hit because of the GL stand.

Ok I guess our idea's of "tearing up" are different. 76 yards rushing with zero TD's is not my idea of tearing it up.

But hey...felt....you're making progress. :P

aggiebones
12-09-2011, 08:06 PM
He looked good til we decided to bash his head into the line 4 straight times. He got lite up a couple times and was done for the night.