PDA

View Full Version : Deion was trying ....

aggiebones
12-09-2011, 01:15 AM
He was trying to convince everyone that Harrison's hit was clean. But the more they showed it, the worse it looked, lol.

I was begging them to stop showing it in case Goodell was sleeping.

That one could be a suspension. Argh.

hawaiiansteel
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
He was trying to convince everyone that Harrison's hit was clean. But the more they showed it, the worse it looked, lol.

no suspension, but a possible fine...

DukieBoy
12-09-2011, 01:19 AM
I believe they will suspend James, not because he earned a suspension with this play, but because Goodell and his admin has painted themselves into a corner where James is concerned.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Here is my question regarding the hit. At what point does a QB become a runner, and can he change back?

Here is my thinking. When JH was fined against Cleveland last year, he was not fined for the hit on Cribbs. The reason being was that even though Cribbs took the snap as the QB on that play, once he ran the ball he became a RB.

On this play, McCoy tucks the ball under and lowers his head like a RB. He then pulls up and throws a short pass about a second before being hit. So, was he a RB? Maybe not because he never crossed the LOS but what is the criteria? If so then there is no H2H or "defenseless player" rule. In that case the flag should not have even been thrown.

pittpete
12-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Michael Irvin is a moron.
He said "any helmet to helmet hit on another player is a penalty"
If Colt would have been over the line when he threw the ball, would the flag have been picked up for a personal foul and one thrown for Colt past the LOS?

SteelBucks
12-09-2011, 08:10 AM

IMO, he won't be suspended but will have a sizeable fine. Probably in the $40,000 range.

steelblood
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Here is my question regarding the hit. At what point does a QB become a runner, and can he change back?

Here is my thinking. When JH was fined against Cleveland last year, he was not fined for the hit on Cribbs. The reason being was that even though Cribbs took the snap as the QB on that play, once he ran the ball he became a RB.

On this play, McCoy tucks the ball under and lowers his head like a RB. He then pulls up and throws a short pass about a second before being hit. So, was he a RB? Maybe not because he never crossed the LOS but what is the criteria? If so then there is no H2H or "defenseless player" rule. In that case the flag should not have even been thrown.

The fact that a QB can go from a QB with certain rules applying then to a runner with other rules, and then in an instant revert back to a QB is utter nonsense. We hold defenses to such a ridiculous standard these days.

That said, Harrison needs to lower his strike zone on such plays and not duck his head when tackling a QB. He could have done this. It would have been unorthodox for him, but it was possible. At this point, he must change or face multiple game suspensions for the rest of his career.

aggiebones
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Hitting that punk is worth $40K to me.
That hit was so good, he might even put that one on perma-loop as a screen saver. It will be worth every penny.

Shawn
12-09-2011, 01:25 PM
That hit was so good, he might even put that one on perma-loop as a screen saver. It will be worth every penny.

You would personally write that check?

AzStillers1989
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
LOL, my fiance, who is actually a cardinals fan but deep inside loves the steelers :wink: , had such a hilarious reaction when she first saw the replay live. Something to the sound of,"F%$# YEA, HIT THAT LITTLE PUNK!!" i was surprised how enthusiastic she was hah, made me fall in love with her a little more ..... Needless to say I am glad Colt is alright and it was cool to see him and Harrison talk after he came back on the field.

:Steel

SidSmythe
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
What a crock...u play it in slow motion of course it looks bad.

But in real time McCoy tucks the ball away like he's going to run, then pulls up and throws it. at real speed, 10 yrs ago everyone would have had that on the hit highlights

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:40 PM
What a crock...u play it in slow motion of course it looks bad.

But in real time McCoy tucks the ball away like he's going to run, then pulls up and throws it. at real speed, 10 yrs ago everyone would have had that on the hit highlights

Good hit... but in the open so he will get fined and maybe 1 game for being a repeat offender.

StarSpangledSteeler
12-09-2011, 03:06 PM

I'm sure Goodell will not rule fairly on this issue (why would he start now?). But I think after he evaluates everything, he will have to admit that there is still confusion on when the QB becomes a runner. That is the key here. That is what should save Harrison a suspension. He can't argue the moving target / ducking defense on this one. He did aim high. And led with his helmet. But when McCoy decides to leave the pocket and heads upfield he then turns himself into a runner. That is different than scrambling sideways and looking for a receiver. He's running forward for a first down and not sliding. That means he's fair game for a helmet to helmet hit (just like when Aaron Rodgers got knocked out a few years ago).

Ghost
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Under the new rules starting this season, McCoy was considered a defenseless player because he was hit immediately following the throwing of a pass. Like it or not, that's how the rule was written, even if he was running.

Listening to Jaws on Mike & Mike this morning and he was convinced it will be a suspension b/c it was Harrison and he a repeat offender.

If it happens maybe he can appeal to delay it so he sits for the Rams instead of the 49's.