PDA

View Full Version : Worilds...

D Rock
12-09-2011, 12:33 AM
He could be someone in this league. He's got at least one more year to learn behind Jimmy Hate and Wood.

I think he will be a solid player when his time comes to take over.

pittpete
12-09-2011, 01:23 AM
and imagine if the refs called holding when hes rushing the passer

hawaiiansteel
12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Worilds played well: 9 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 sacks and 2 more QB hurries

I actually believe he can become a good starting OLB now whereas I had my doubts about him earlier this season.

steelblood
12-09-2011, 08:27 AM
He had a nice game and generally gave good effort.

I still want to see him develop a counter move, like Freeney's spin. He is very quick, but he gets washed deep too often and allows right handed QBs to roll to his side. He blitzes more like Porter or HAggans than Woodley or Green. There is nothing wrong with this as long as he improves his repertoire, which I believe he will. If he develops a counter move, he can be special.

anger 82&95
12-09-2011, 08:52 AM
In today’s league, the concept of “let’s recognize holds against the Steeler’s linebackers” is so farfetched that it belongs in an old-school John Lennon song.

chiken
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
wow, looks like this guys actually can play.

phillyesq
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
He had a nice game and generally gave good effort.

I still want to see him develop a counter move, like Freeney's spin. He is very quick, but he gets washed deep too often and allows right handed QBs to roll to his side. He blitzes more like Porter or HAggans than Woodley or Green. There is nothing wrong with this as long as he improves his repertoire, which I believe he will. If he develops a counter move, he can be special.

Good point.

We could go into a season now with Worilds as a starter and I'd feel comfortable that we have somebody that will produce as we expect a Steelers OLB to produce. Give him a counter move, and I'd go from very comfortable to excited.

Aside from the pressure he generates, Worilds also adds a lot of tackles - more than we've come to expect from an OLB.

When Woodley is healthy, I'm really looking forward to pass rush packages with Worilds, Woodley and Harrison.

Slapstick
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
We're starting to see why Tomlin liked him so much...

Steeler Shades
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM
What exactly did Worilds have in mind when he put his hands on McCoy along the Steelers sideline? While he does seem to have talent we don't need anymore players that can't control themselves from doing stupid crap after a play has ended. 8)

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
What exactly did Worilds have in mind when he put his hands on McCoy along the Steelers sideline? While he does seem to have talent we don't need anymore players that can't control themselves from doing stupid crap after a play has ended. 8)

It looked like a love tap to me.

D Rock
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
He looks BIG this year too. Every week I get confused when I see Worilds, Mclendon, and Heyward out there. I always think Worilds looks like Heyward, and McClendon just looks like that rock guy from the Fantastic 4.

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
In today’s league, the concept of “let’s recognize holds against the Steeler’s linebackers” is so farfetched that it belongs in an old-school John Lennon song.

Imagine how many quarterbacks
James Harrison could sack
If an offensive tackle
Wasn't hanging from his back.

Imagine throwing a flag
When someone clotheslines his neck
And if he could make a hard tackle
Without Goodell docking his game check

You may say I'm a homer
But Steelers fans aren't the only ones
I hope someday the refs will join us
And this game might just be fun

Shoe
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM

I actually believe he can become a good starting OLB now whereas I had my doubts about him earlier this season.

Damn, that's surprising that his numbers were that big last night.

I wish we could unload Woodley at this point, and let Worilds/Timmons finish the year (with Chris Carter in the wings for future). I like Woodley. I think he has been a big-time player for us. (Not a Harrison, but pretty good.) But for some reason, I'm sick of him nursing this injury. It may have something to do with his big contract, but he's had A LOT of time already. GET IN THE GAME, OR HIT THE ROAD.

Slapstick
12-09-2011, 12:01 PM

I wish we could unload Woodley at this point, and let Worilds/Timmons finish the year (with Chris Carter in the wings for future). I like Woodley. I think he has been a big-time player for us. (Not a Harrison, but pretty good.) But for some reason, I'm sick of him nursing this injury. It may have something to do with his big contract, but he's had A LOT of time already. GET IN THE GAME, OR HIT THE ROAD.

Seriously?

It's a hamstring injury...those can take a LOOOOONG time if you aren't careful...

I'd prefer to keep him healthy and get Worilds some more PT, so both can be used in the playoffs...

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM

You wanna unload Woodley and his 48 career sacks (not to mention the additional 11 sacks in 7 playoff games)??? Ooh...Worilds had 2 sacks against a sucky Cleveland RT last night...let's dump Woodley. Reactionary at its finest. Wow.

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
He could be someone in this league. He's got at least one more year to learn behind Jimmy Hate and Wood.

I think he will be a solid player when his time comes to take over.

I agree. Worilds is coming along very nicely.

phillyesq
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM

You wanna unload Woodley and his 48 career sacks (not to mention the additional 11 sacks in 7 playoff games)??? Ooh...Worilds had 2 sacks against a sucky Cleveland RT last night...let's dump Woodley. Reactionary at its finest. Wow.

I don't understand the OP at all. Hamstrings take time, otherwise you tweak the injury and it lingers all year. Why force Woodley into a cold game on a Thursday night against at team that you should handle?

phillyesq
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I also forgot to mention, on of my friends who is not a Steelers fan asked "who is number 93?" and mentioned that he seemed to be all over the place.

Good to see that Worilds play was noticed by people not wearing black and gold colored glasses.

Snatch98
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM

I'm not sure if you're serious or not but he was just letting him know good play. It wasn't a taunt or a act of aggression otherwise one of the 3 refs standing around the play would have thrown a flag.