Kemo Kills

Redzone Redman

That is all.

pittpete
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Agree with Kemo.
Dont think Redman scores on any of those
If the line cant get inspired by Ben coming back in, then they are helpless
Superbowl teams dont get stopped on 4 staright runs from the 2.
Cant run the ball, what else is new :roll:

winwithd
12-09-2011, 01:05 AM
I hate when teams basically tell the defense what they are going to do. Retarded. Thats BA for you though. How about spreading them out and going with a little misdirection? Anything but telling them, 'here we come up the middle'. And with Pouncey out?

I was expecting to log on here and see a thread bashing BA or Tomlin for that set of downs.

Blitz-en
12-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Two of Kemo's penalties were bullsh*t! I don't like him as our starting left guard, but those two holding calls were crap.

Four running plays up the middle inside the 5 yard line. I was extremely pissed. The offensive line had a very slight advantage on all four of those downs. When your inside the 5, it's mano - a - mano. Offensive line versus defensive line. I thought, the offensive line held their own on all four downs. You expect a RB to win a one on one battle atleast half of the time. Mendenhall was 0 for 4. Watch them again, if you can. I thought there were opportunities on all 4 downs for him to win a battle and get in the end zone. Shame on the Steelers brass for leaving an inadequate short yardage back in the lineup for 4 straight plays. I guarantee 4 same plays with Redman yields a TD. It's obvious that the Steelers want Mendy to be the man, even at the mercy of success.

DukieBoy
12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
I was encouraged by our REd Zone performance last week vs the Bengals. Tonight, out RZ performance was dismal. Two TO's and a 4-down stuffing from the 2.

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Although Gilbert had a false start penalty, it was impressive that he seemed to neutralize fellow rookie phenom Jabaal Sheard who had 5.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles coming into this game.

Slapstick
12-09-2011, 12:33 PM

I could not disagree more...

SteelCrazy
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Two of Kemo's penalties were bullsh*t! I don't like him as our starting left guard, but those two holding calls were crap.

Four running plays up the middle inside the 5 yard line. I was extremely pissed. The offensive line had a very slight advantage on all four of those downs. When your inside the 5, it's mano - a - mano. Offensive line versus defensive line. I thought, the offensive line held their own on all four downs. You expect a RB to win a one on one battle atleast half of the time. Mendenhall was 0 for 4. Watch them again, if you can. I thought there were opportunities on all 4 downs for him to win a battle and get in the end zone. Shame on the Steelers brass for leaving an inadequate short yardage back in the lineup for 4 straight plays. I guarantee 4 same plays with Redman yields a TD. It's obvious that the Steelers want Mendy to be the man, even at the mercy of success.

Another that gets it! I agree 100% Especially on 2nd down when LongDong GoCong hit Mendy unbalanced and from the far outside and Mendy dropped on contact. That's when I would have pulled him.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM

When I watched them stand up Mendy (I think it was on the third down call) I said, "Redman would have scored on that play."

SidSmythe
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Redzone moves forward.
Mendenhall does not.
Redman scores!!

Mister Pittsburgh
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe it was Bruce's choice to draft Mendenhall for his offense, in the first round, and now he is forcing Mendenhall into the gameplan when Redman is the better option.

Slapstick
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe it was Bruce's choice to draft Mendenhall for his offense, in the first round, and now he is forcing Mendenhall into the gameplan when Redman is the better option.

Hopefully, that will now be reconsidered...

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Redzone moves forward.
Mendenhall does not.
Redman scores!!

On the play Mend was rocked Redman would have shifted just enough so the LB wouldn't get a clean shot of him...

On the stretch play Redman would have went left and it would have been an easy score.

Redman knows how to get small in the hole... Mend is too upright and paid for it. You would think Ray's hit would be ingrained in his mind. Get low buddy.

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Definitely, BA says it all the time too "Mend is our guy"

That's fine and all but in short yardage and at the GL Redman is the guy.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
If BA calls a designed run play where Mendy doesn't follow Johnson into the hole...He scores. I like Mendy but it takes a different kind of animal in short yardage. You have to see it after 2 plays. If your number is called again with a lead...Look to bounce hole. Watch the replays...The OL gave him a hole....It shut when Johnson committed. Follow FB to hole...It is first read of LB. Unfortunately, BA didn't figure it out after 3 tries and Mendy didn't see it either. Remember Bettis in short yardage & goaline? Not following the FB and kicking the hole? Redman has shown a little of that in him. I wish they would give him the opportunity.

Oviedo
12-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Mendy scored in two situations last week just like last night. Mendy isn't the problem. The OL had their best blocking game of the season last week and last night they sucked. Mendy was getting hit by two or three guys who weren't touched by our blockers. Despite the legend that Redman has become to some, I doubt he scores either.

I do fault Arians for not spreading them out and trying to get the ball to Miller or Saunders.

Slapstick
12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Despite the legend that Redman has become to some, I doubt he scores either.

I disagree...

"Legend" is a hyperbolic label on your part in an attempt to somehow discredit an opinion different from yours...

Redman isn't a legend...but, he is someone who has shown the ability to gain two feet when two feet is needed...

Dee Dub
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
If BA calls a designed run play where Mendy doesn't follow Johnson into the hole...He scores. I like Mendy but it takes a different kind of animal in short yardage. You have to see it after 2 plays. If your number is called again with a lead...Look to bounce hole. Watch the replays...The OL gave him a hole....It shut when Johnson committed. Follow FB to hole...It is first read of LB. Unfortunately, BA didn't figure it out after 3 tries and Mendy didn't see it either. Remember Bettis in short yardage & goaline? Not following the FB and kicking the hole? Redman has shown a little of that in him. I wish they would give him the opportunity.

Agreed 100%.

Remember the days when running backs use to get airborne (ala Marcus Allen)? What happened to that?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2pguyrca]If BA calls a designed run play where Mendy doesn't follow Johnson into the hole...He scores. I like Mendy but it takes a different kind of animal in short yardage. You have to see it after 2 plays. If your number is called again with a lead...Look to bounce hole. Watch the replays...The OL gave him a hole....It shut when Johnson committed. Follow FB to hole...It is first read of LB. Unfortunately, BA didn't figure it out after 3 tries and Mendy didn't see it either. Remember Bettis in short yardage & goaline? Not following the FB and kicking the hole? Redman has shown a little of that in him. I wish they would give him the opportunity.

Agreed 100%.

Remember the days when running backs use to get airborne (ala Marcus Allen)? What happened to that?[/quote:2pguyrca]
LMFAO Flashback! What game was that where Troy was on the sidline telling the coach, "Give it to me coach, I will go over the top!" or something like that!

steelblood
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Although Gilbert had a false start penalty, it was impressive that he seemed to neutralize fellow rookie phenom Jabaal Sheard who had 5.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles coming into this game.

Honestly, we need to start a Gilbert thread. What he has done at right tackle has been very impressive this season. He has been very solid as a rookie, and when we are running well, it is generally behind him. His pass pro has impressed me. I thought he would struggle a lot more than he has. Now, I don't know if he will ever be an all-pro, but if he improves on what he has done so far, he will be a valuable contributor on that line. It is nice that we have 2 of our 5 linemen set for the next 3 seasons. If we can resign starks and add one good rookie guard, this line can be good. Imagine that, a good o-line.

feltdizz
12-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Despite the legend that Redman has become to some, I doubt he scores either.

legend? Being a good short yardage back makes one a legend now? :lol:

Let me guess... you didn't think Redman would make it as a Steeler?

SteelAbility
12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Agree with Kemo.
If the line cant get inspired by Ben coming back in, then they are helpless
Superbowl teams dont get stopped on 4 staright runs from the 2.
Cant run the ball, what else is new :roll:

But to be fair, Ben's anke completely changed the equation and made the play-calling more predictable. Still, though, a mix of Mendy to the outside and Redman up the middle was much better than four Mendy's up the middle. Good grief, just typing that made me laugh.