PDA

View Full Version : The Throw Back Old School uniforms...

Dee Dub
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
..now what is more throw back and more old school than the Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty team of the '70's? Nuthin! So why not wear those uniforms instead of those lame Ice Cream Man, Yellow Submarine Helmet wearin, Stanky uniforms they keep wearin every year?

steelblood
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
..now what is more throw back and more old school than the Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty team of the '70's? Nuthin! So why not wear those uniforms instead of those lame Ice Cream Man, Yellow Submarine Helmet wearin, Stanky uniforms they keep wearin every year?

I HATE the throwbacks. Just wear Black. Our uniforms are the best.

Dee Dub
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM

I HATE the throwbacks. Just wear Black. Our uniforms are the best.

:Cheers

Enjoy the game brother!

Sugar
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I also HATE the throwbacks. They are dreadful!!

Ghost
12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
You can add me to the list of folks who hate these unis. Terrible.

papillon
12-09-2011, 12:38 AM
I love those throwbacks, not every week, but 2 or 3 ties a year is good.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
the jerseys and pants are great.

the helmet....not so much

i love to see those white pants with the white road jerseys and balck helmets = bad azz

Starlifter
12-09-2011, 02:26 AM
These are alternate uni's - not throwbacks and indeed they do suck. It's just another way to scam some money.

You want throwbacks? Give me steelers black jerseys from the 70's with the block numbers. That's old school!

focosteeler
12-09-2011, 02:47 AM

Pappy

:Agree

SteelBucks
12-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm just glad we don't have to see them again this season.

AzStillers1989
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I actually like the everything about the uniforms they wore last night, even the yellow helmet.

I do agree however, that the block letter style would be awesome to see again, or as suggested above, the white pants and jerseys with black helmet....

On the other hand, I have always admired that the steelers only really have 2 types of jerseys, 1 away and 1 home... these inverted helmets are neat every now and then...

LETS GO STEELERS !!

:tt1 :tt2 :Steel

DHSF
12-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Count me in as a hater (of the old school uniforms)

Northern_Blitz
12-10-2011, 12:08 AM

Those 70s style jerseys should just be our regular uniforms. Why only trot them out twice a year when you could wear them for 16 games?

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
the jerseys and pants are great.

the helmet....not so much

i love to see those white pants with the white road jerseys and balck helmets = bad azz

Actually, the only thing I dislike about the throwback unis are the white pants. They seem out of place. I think if we wore the black throwback jerseys with the gold block numbers, the gold helmets, and our usual gold pants, that would look better than those white pants.

NJ-STEELER
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
whats our record since we brought these back

IIRC, its pretty good aside from the game the pats routed us last year

Flasteel
12-11-2011, 12:43 AM

Pappy

That means that we only get to wear the most awesome, intimidating uniforms in NFL history 5-6 times each year (unless we play a hot-weather team early in the season on the road).

No thanks.

Those mustard helmets flat-out suck.

Bring back the block lettering and add a little more gold to the yellow we now wear.

Shoe
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Pappy

Yes, I like them too in that limited capacity. It's a bit of subliminal thing too--since it's always a bigger (i.e. night) game, it makes you attach good memories with them.