PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage Goes Through Cincy

Flasteel
12-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Two games left at home against the very same teams we lose tie-breakers to.

The Bengals can single-handedly pave the way to having the AFC Championship game played in Heinz Field...providing of course, we take care of our own business.

Go Bengals!!!! :tt2

Dee Dub
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I personally think the Steelers win out and the Chargers will beat the Ravens. That leaves the Steelers with the tie breaker over New England.

papillon
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I personally think the Steelers win out and the Chargers will beat the Ravens. That leaves the Steelers with the tie breaker over New England.

You're forgetting about Houston who is also 9-3 and owns a tiebreak on the Steelers. The Steelers need Cincy this weekend.

Pappy

Dee Dub
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM

You're forgetting about Houston who is also 9-3 and owns a tiebreak on the Steelers. The Steelers need Cincy this weekend.

Pappy

No I am not. They arent in my conversation simply because they are down to QB #3 and their best player Andre Johnson is still out. They've got an automatic at least one more loss regardless of who they are playing.

papillon
12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":2ht4ttpq]I personally think the Steelers win out and the Chargers will beat the Ravens. That leaves the Steelers with the tie breaker over New England.

Pappy

No I am not. They arent in my conversation simply because they are down to QB #3 and their best player Andre Johnson is still out. They've got an automatic at least one more loss regardless of who they are playing.[/quote:2ht4ttpq]

You can't assume that, although, I agree with you that they have at least one more loss on their schedule, but to be accurate they do need to lose a game before the Steelers can capture the #1 seed.

Pappy

AkronSteel
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Look...as long as the Steelers take care of their business things will work out in their favor. The Rats are not the same team away from home as they are at M&T. I see them losing at least one more game (SD on the road, and Cincy on the road), maybe two. I could see the Texans winning out but let's be honest, if the Steelers have to go to Houston to play the Texans with T.J. Yates, I personally, like their chances. This conference is going to come down to Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh. They are the best two teams in the conference since Houston lost 27 QB's, Mario Williams, and Andre Johnson. I fully expect to see a 3rd slobber knocker to decide who goes to the Super Bowl and I full expect that game to be in the Burgh. Next week is the big game. If the Steelers can get a win next week then they will finish 13-3, that will be good enough for the #1 seed.

Shoe
12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
They need to institute something of a draft lottery in the NFL. Not to prevent players tanking, because I don't think players (on no win teams) would do that. I'm talking organizational tanking... The Colts franchise clearly has no interest in winning games, with Dan Orlovsky as your starting QB. It's essentially waving the white flag on the year, knowing he can't win games for them. Curtis Painter if obviously not much better, but in either case--I believe the franchise is setting themselves up for failure on purpose, for the purpose of getting the #1 pick (be it RGIII or Luck).

It's a joke.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM
bengals blew it today big time.

houston has carolina, indy, and tennessee left.

they have a great shot at winning out.

hawaiiansteel
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I know it benefitted the Steelers to have the Bungals win today versus Houston, but I simply cannot bring myself to cheer for any NFL team that has Pacman "Make It Rain" Jones on it...

:bungalssuck

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pacman-jones.jpg