PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report Week 14 vs. Cleveland

pittpete
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

WindyCitySteel
12-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Sanders is less durable than Hines in his 36th season. Not a good sign.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Sanders is less durable than Hines in his 36th season. Not a good sign.

Yep. Won't see a second contract at this rate.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM
We should draft another mid round wr to keep the influx going.

hawaiiansteel
12-08-2011, 03:46 AM
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 06, 2011

Tuesday news and notes

A bevy of Steelers did not practice today. In fact, the Steelers really didn't practice. It was more of a glorified walkthrough using a Nerf ball instead of a normal one for most of the session.

But two players who did not work were linebacker LaMarr Woodley and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders.

The bet here is that neither will play Thursday against Cleveland.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Sanders favored his sore knee and ended up with a sore foot. Sanders had surgery on both feet in the offseason and likely will sit until the Steelers travel to San Francisco.

One player who did practice was guard Ramon Foster. He looks like he'll play against the Browns.

Nose tackle Chris Hoke will have neck surgery next week and his season is done.

It's likely Hoke's career is finished as well.

Apparently his stinger issue was not getting any better and the best course of action was surgery.

Arians said today that its a priority for him to get Hines Ward the 10 catches he needs to get to 1,000 career receptions - so long as its in the context of winning football games.

The Steelers wanted to get Ward some more catches against Cincinnati, but the Bengals doubled him all over the field, knowing what the Steelers were up to.

posted by Dale Lolley

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Slapstick
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey, if Hines is going to be double covered every time he sees the field, that's one hell of a decoy...

Sugar
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Hey, if Hines is going to be double covered every time he sees the field, that's one hell of a decoy...

That's what I was thinking too. It seems to me, the DC would be a fool that would double Hines on his short to mid-range routes and leave guy's like Wallace, Brown and Heath less covered.

I mean what's worse- Hines getting 10 catches for 50 yards or Wallace getting one for 80?

frankthetank1
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM

i think thats a good idea. its obvious sanders cant be counted on in the future. it really sucks because he showed so much promise. the steelers have the best luck drafting wr's in later rounds. im worried about the depth at wr now. both sanders and battle are out and cotchery is banged up. thank god brown was fine last week after he took that huge hit in the 2nd half

steelblood
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM

i think thats a good idea. its obvious sanders cant be counted on in the future. it really sucks because he showed so much promise. the steelers have the best luck drafting wr's in later rounds. im worried about the depth at wr now. both sanders and battle are out and cotchery is banged up. thank god brown was fine last week after he took that huge hit in the 2nd half

Absolutely!
Consider this: Wallace will be given the RFA high tender and likely retained (though it is no guarantee). Brown and Sanders are under contract. Cotchery is a UFA. Ward and Battle very likely won't be retained. Going into the draft, we may only have 3 viable receivers under contract. We may need to draft 2 or 3. Fortunately, this is a good crop of Wide Receivers. This draft is particularly deep in big/physical receivers. This type of receiver would be a great compliment to Wallace/Brown/Sanders.

Northern_Blitz
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM

My guess is that they were only doing it after the rout was on. They'd already basically lost the game, so they didn't want to give up another record to Hines. Just my :2c (-$0.18).

sentinel33
12-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I think out of these 3(Ward,Battle,Cotchery), the Steelers should try to re-sign Cotchery. Battle is 2 years older than him and we don't need to talk about Ward in that department. To me, Cotchery is a nice fit with Wallace and Sanders. He could be like gettin' Ward back when he was 30. Not sayin he's gonna put up 1,000 yard seasons and double didgit TD's(cause the main WR's are gonna be Wallace and Brown). And he's not a menace like Ward was in the blocking department, but he can fill in admirably like Hines as a 3rd option.

To stay more on point with the thread topic, I was alarmed to see just how many players we have banged up right now(although most are listed as probable).

Staying healthy is a key to winning a superbowl. Gotta get fortunate in this area if the team is gonna have a shot this year.

Being 9-3 at this point is just amazing to me. We are at the same record as last season. Not drawing similarities any farther. Just sayin what a great job this team has done this year to be in position for ANOTHER playoff run. Something not to be taken for granted.

Way to go Pittsburgh. From top to bottom.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I mean what's worse- Hines getting 10 catches for 50 yards or Wallace getting one for 80?

Death by repeated papercuts or a one-shot guillotine? Waterboarding or tsunami?