PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the NFL Media?

flippy
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I keep hearing the following.

Denver has one of the best defenses in football.

NE has the worst defense in football.

Denver has given up 292 pts vs NE giving up 247.

The only teams who've given up less than 200 are SF, Houston, Balt, and Pittsburgh.

Denver doesn't compare to any of these teams.

The other thing that puzzles me when the media talks about NE and Denver is NE scores a boatload of points and NE's 1 of 5 teams to have scored more than 100 points than they've given up.

Denver on the other hand is somehow 7-5 and they've score about 40 points less than they've given up.

The media/paid reactions to NFL games is sometimes worse than our knee jerk reactions without thinking.

WindyCitySteel
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
NE is 32nd in yards allowed. They must be crazy in the red zone, get a lot of turnovers, or both.

Or maybe it's because they've played some bad QBs lately. Last four games against Sanchez, Palko, V. Young, and Dan Orlovsky (who completed 30-37 for 350 against that **** defense).

feltdizz
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Look at Denver's D the last 5 or 6 games with Tebow.... sure they played Miami, KC, San Diego and the Vikes but it's all about what they have done lately.

NE scores a ton of points and finds ways to give up yards without the points. I think their style also gives the opponent more touches per game.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I agree. When they talk about Denver's D they are talking about the last 5 games or so.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
The NFL media loves to latch on to a story and play it to death. Individual stories, team stories, doesn't matter. Then, when the story is done it is swept away.

How often do you hear about the Buffalo Bills anymore? A follow up? A what happened story? Talk of Fred Jackson's injury? What will happen next year? Nothing.

Next season will roll around and they will forget that they were media darlings for their 15 minutes in October 2011.

WindyCitySteel
12-06-2011, 02:07 PM
The NFL media loves to latch on to a story and play it to death. Individual stories, team stories, doesn't matter. Then, when the story is done it is swept away.

They must be getting sick of us, then. 9-3, one of a half-dozen teams with a legit chance to win it all this year, future HOF QB, but we thumped a 7-4 upstart team in the biggest game of the week to a chorus of deafening silence.

feltdizz
12-07-2011, 11:50 AM

They must be getting sick of us, then. 9-3, one of a half-dozen teams with a legit chance to win it all this year, future HOF QB, but we thumped a 7-4 upstart team in the biggest game of the week to a chorus of deafening silence.

and in 2 or 3 weeks we will be the favorites again....

Steelgal
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
This may be a bit OT, but I'm sick of the media talk about Tebow and the Cowboys. That's ALL they talk about. I just saw a top 10 plays on Sports Center for Tebow. Seriously??? Don't ever recall seeing top 10 plays by Ben (or many others) and he has 2 rings and reached the SB a third time. If I have to hear more discussion about Jason Garrett and his 'icing the kicker', I"m gonna throw something at the tv.

I've barely heard ANY talk about TJ Yates, the rookie QB for the Texans. Didn't see the game, but I was impressed they beat the FAlcons.

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Every year it's something that they harp on continuously until you want to vomit...

Plaxico, Plaxico, Plaxico...

Favre, Favre, Favre...

Vick, Vick, Vick...

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow...