PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour throwin punches again!

Dee Dub
12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-punch/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/04/richard-seymour-ejected-for-throwing-punch/)

Two years in a row he does this.

The media has been all over Ndamukong Suh for his illegal play on field so I sure hope they do the same for Seymour.

Now, having said that, I haven't really seen Suh do anything that made me say he was overly dirty or a cheap shot. Yes, I know he kicked a guy who was down but it barely grazed the guy. I sure wish he was lined up next to James Harrison. Could you imagine?

Steel Life
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I think this is his 2nd punch thrown this year & it should draw a suspension...if they're consistent.

Dee Dub
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I think this is his 2nd punch thrown this year & it should draw a suspension...if they're consistent.

Oh..I didnt know he did it again this year. That would be three times in the past 2 years. Wow!!

proudpittsburgher
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I dunno. Maybe I should look at the replays again, but it didn't look like much of a punch to me. Illegal hands to the face maybe, but not a punch.

feltdizz
12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/04/richard-seymour-ejected-for-throwing-punch/

Two years in a row he does this.

The media has been all over Ndamukong Suh for his illegal play on field so I sure hope they do the same for Seymour.

Now, having said that, I haven't really seen Suh do anything that made me say he was overly dirty or a cheap shot. Yes, I know he kicked a guy who was down but it barely grazed the guy. I sure wish he was lined up next to James Harrison. Could you imagine?

Suh has tried to rip heads off... I think he is a great old school football player who is possessed when he is on the field. Problem is this league frowns on these types of players so he has to chill out.

Doing the "who me?" a second after stomping a guy isn't fooling anyone.

Slapstick
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I think Seymour is a douchebag, but I do not think that play warranted an ejection...

Steelers>NFL
12-05-2011, 05:57 PM
LOL! Who cares... Mean Joe threw them all the time. Back when football was REAL!

Shoe
12-06-2011, 09:23 PM
LOL! Who cares... Mean Joe threw them all the time. Back when football was REAL!

Exactly.
With regard to Suh, any Steeler fan will tell you that what Suh is doing is NO different than what Joe Greene used to do on a regular basis. It's annoying how they try to villify his actions, when this is precisely the way the game was played by it's most hallowed stars of the past. Ask Butkus, Greene, Lambert... if they have a problem with how Suh plays and his actions.

hawaiiansteel
12-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Fines piling up for Richard Seymour

December, 9, 2011
By Bill Williamson

It’s been an expensive season for Richard Seymour.

The Oakland Raiders’ Pro Bowl defensive lineman was fined $30,000 by the NFL for punching Miami offensive lineman Richie Incognito in the Dolphins’ 34-14 win over Oakland on Sunday. Seymour was ejected for the offense. It is the third time in Seymour’s three seasons in Oakland -- he was acquired in a trade with New England in Sept. 2009 -- in which he was ejected from a game.

Seymour has now been fined, at least, $60,000 for offenses this season.

Last season, Seymour was fined $25,000 after being ejected for slapping and knocking down Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In 2009, he was fined $10,000 after he was ejected for an offense against Cleveland running back Jerome Harrison.

Seymour will need to be careful or his fines will continue to grow, and he could eventually face a short suspension if the infractions continue. Seymour is a great player who is as aggressive as they come. He sets the tone for the Oakland defense, but he needs to do his best to keep his emotions in check. He can’t help the Raiders if he keeps getting ejected from games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation