PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kapinos!

Dee Dub
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Man that dude was booming them today. 5 punts for 271 yards at a 54.2 yard average. Great job Kapinos! :Clap

Eddie Spaghetti
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I felt he had beaten sep out in camp.

happy he was still available.

very good day today.

SteelAbility
12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah, but can he tackle as well as Sep?

Oh, wait, when you're punting like that, no need for you to tackle. :mrgreen:

AkronSteel
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Very impressed by Kapinos today. He had a couple of huge punts that put the Bengals in a bind a couple times. The one at the two minute warning of the 1st half was huge. It ended up starting a huge momentum swing in the game as a whole. Kudos to Kapinos X2!!

:Clap

jj28west
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
The hangtime was also killer. How is it that he was not picked up. He changed field position several times today along with great tackling from the rooks.

Ghost
12-04-2011, 10:24 PM
At this point I'd give him the job for next season. He's as good as Sep and his kness are a little stronger than match sticks.

flippy
12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Pretty impressive when you consider the one really short punt he had in the second quarter. Can't remember how long it was, but I'm thinking it was a little over 30 yards.

And Roadhouse outkicked Sushi in the preseason, so maybe we can bring him back next. ;)

Starlifter
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
At this point I'd give him the job for next season. He's as good as Sep and his kness are a little stronger than match sticks.

we've seen the last of Sep. he may get a look by some other teams, perhaps an emergency call at some point, but that's too many leg injuries for a punter. I believe not only his steelers, but his NFL career is over.

hawaiiansteel
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
"Jeremy Kapinos continues to punt the ball brilliantly. The journeyman punted 5 times for an average of 54.2 yards. His long was 59 and two were fielded inside the Bengals 20.

You have to feel bad for Daniel Sepulveda for the never-ending series of knee injuries he's sustained, but with the way Kapinos is punting the football, it's hard not to consider him an afterthought right now.

Keep it up Kapinos!"

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... #storyjump

ikestops85
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM
"Jeremy Kapinos continues to punt the ball brilliantly. The journeyman punted 5 times for an average of 54.2 yards. His long was 59 and two were fielded inside the Bengals 20.

You have to feel bad for Daniel Sepulveda for the never-ending series of knee injuries he's sustained, but with the way Kapinos is punting the football, it's hard not to consider him an afterthought right now.

Keep it up Kapinos!"

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... #storyjump

+1

Kampy is doing a great job and it's nice not having to worry his leg is going to fall off after every kick.

fezziwig
12-06-2011, 09:03 PM
No pun intended but, I hate to kick a man when he is down. Sepeulveda should not be the punter next season. and Kapinos should.

I never seen much difference in them anyway but this past Bengals game, Kapinos was in a zone. Heck, his kicks were in the ozone.

Shoe
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM

we've seen the last of Sep. he may get a look by some other teams, perhaps an emergency call at some point, but that's too many leg injuries for a punter. I believe not only his steelers, but his NFL career is over.

He will certainly get a look through the league, because he still boots it well when he is healthy. That's the problem though. I'm sure he will pop up somewhere, and do a good job for that team until he gets hurt again.

pittpete
12-09-2011, 12:38 AM
bump tonight vs cle

sentinel33
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Keep it up, Kap! Waaaaaaaay up and waaaaaaaaay out.