PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas present:4-1

sentinel33
12-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'd love to get another division title. But playoff appearances are worh more in my book. Just like wins over statistics. That's just me.

I really like where the team is at right now. Not particularly with how they are playing, but the position they are in to get a chance at defending the AFCC and getting another crack at The Superbowl.

But it's December football. Where teams start to seperate themselves a bit more. See who can hang in down the cold, hard stretch.

I just want to see the offense start to round into form. All season we have seen glimpses of what this team is capable of doing offensively. I'd like to see them get into the 30's in 3/5 of these games with Ben throwing more TD's. I'd feel a little better heading into the playoffs. Just ONE of the things I'd like to happen.

Certainly don't want to get ahead of myself here. A 2-3 finish is a distinct possibility. Taking a hit against the Bengals this weekend could start a snowball effect. Next thing you know we take one on the chin against a good 49ers team and then really take a digger cause we can't handle Cleveland on the road to close out the season.

This week is huge. As big as any other we have had this year. The Bengals are gonna give us everything they have and if we don't bring it, we will lose.

I don't think that will happen. The team is playing decent ball and we have been doing this with key players on the sideline/underperforming.

Now's the time to leave a little bit of yourself on the field. Every game. From here on out.

4-1. That's all I ask Mr. Claus.

HERE WE GO!!!

flippy
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm hoping to see the BA script and then full switch to the BB Gun offense giving Ben a mix of Wallace, Brown, Miller, Sanders, Cotchery, Saunders, Moore, Redman, Mendy, and Ward.

How good this offense can be could come down to how well Sanders and Saunders can step up their game.

I think both of these guys have the potential to be uncoverable. Saunders is so big/fast, I think he's going to be a nightmare matchup for everyone in time. And I still think Sanders is going to become Ben's go to WR in time because he's so precise on his routes.

And Cotchery could be really big down the stretch now that he's getting into the flow of the offense.

The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA. Time for him to get out of his own way.

Slapstick
12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA...

...not to mention fumbles, INTs and dropped passes...

sentinel33
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Saunders now that he has his head on straight.

Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though. I like the Wallace, Brown, Cotchery trio with Miller and Saunders throwing in some help along the way.Sanders can pick up the slack with Hines.

I agree with you on Arians. But I kinda hope we win in spite of him. I mean, with Fichtner entertaining a coaching position down south, now might be the time to do a mini offensive coaching staff overhaul. I just don't know what prospects are out there for a head OC and QB coach. It'd be nice to land an OC who could handle both. I mean, how much more coaching does Ben really need. The dudes gonna be 30 in 4 months.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA. Time for him to get out.

Fixed that for you. :D

pittpete
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though.
Agree 100% bro

WindyCitySteel
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though.
Agree 100% bro

Not getting the Sanders love around here, either. I see a younger Courtney Hawkins. Decent 3rd guy, that's about it.

WindyCitySteel
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
And I'm at least *asking* the fat man for 5-0. You never start negotiations at your bottom line.

:nono

Oviedo
12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA...

...not to mention fumbles, INTs and dropped passes...

...holding penalties, ....illegal procedure penalties...

But I'm sure those are Arians' fault too!!!!!! I'm sure there is an appendix to the playbook that teaches players how to hold and commit other stupid penalties. Kemo probably co-authored that section with Arians.

snarky
12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I too am hoping for 5-0. These are all winnable games and there's a chance the Ravens slip up.

Short of that, I think 3-2 is enough for the first WC provided one of the wins is Sunday.

Oviedo
12-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I too am hoping for 5-0. These are all winnable games and there's a chance the Ravens slip up.

Short of that, I think 3-2 is enough for the first WC provided one of the wins is Sunday.

No reason we shouldn't finish 13-3. This weekend's game should be the toughest.
I want to roll 5-0 so it forces the Ravens to play all out through the final game.

phillyesq
12-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Agree 100% bro

Not getting the Sanders love around here, either. I see a younger Courtney Hawkins. Decent 3rd guy, that's about it.

There's a name I'd like to forget. I see Sanders as more of a poor man's Santonio. Good quickness, good route runner, but not a Wallace type.

I think Sanders can develop into a very nice weapon out of the slot, and he certianly has potential. His speed/quickness, combined with Wallace and Brown, makes a nice threat for opposing defenses.

But I'll also like the Cotchery and Ward element of the offense -- savvy, veteran guys who know how to get open and find holes in a D.

flippy
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
It bears repeating:

Mike Wallace = Randy Moss
Antonio Brown = Steve Smith
Manny Sanders = Marvin Harrison

Can't go wrong with any of these guys.

Mike Wallace - Everyone knows he's a deep threat just like Moss was, yet no one can ever seem to defend this guy deep. They can give him a 20 yard cushion and he'll still run by every corner.

Antonio Brown is the guy Ben will trust to throw the ball to even if he's triple covered. Kid's got a burst and hands to go get anything in his vicinity and he can run in the open field. Just like Smith.

And Manny's got the deceptive quickness. And is the smooth route runner. And when he and Ben get more time together, he's gonna become Ben's go to guy. I really don't remember seeing guys so polished coming into the league.

This trio is Speed, Explosion, and Precision.

Add in Miller and Saunders and we've got 5 wide that is uncoverable.

Seriously with those 5, we should be able to go no huddle and score 50+ a game.

WindyCitySteel
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Are you joking? None of those guys is as good as any of the comparisons you made. Add a "Lite" after the others and you're closer to the truth.

flippy
12-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Are you joking? None of those guys is as good as any of the comparisons you made. Add a "Lite" after the others and you're closer to the truth.

Lite is fair. I'm not saying they're there today, but those are the guys they remind me of with the way they play. And who knows where they can get in 10 years time?

Wallace and Brown have amazing starts so far. Sanders is being held back by injuries.

Let's see what we think about these guys down the road. I'm projecting here of course.

WindyCitySteel
12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I like all of our guys, but Moss was a freak from day 1. First three years, 226 catches, 43 TD.

snarky
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Mike Wallace strikes me as exactly the kind of player Daniel Snyder will pay over the odds for. I think we will be able to get him re-signed this time but he will be gone in a few years unless he loses his wheels.

Brown's not the biggest guy but he seems to be emerging as the more reliable to make a play for a first down.

Sanders, I see potential but there are still some questions. I think we'll know by the time Wallace is ready to go if Sanders is a guy worth planning around. But assuming he does develop into a decent number I would be OK with Brown and Sanders (assuming somebody pays foolish money for Wallace).

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Mike Wallace strikes me as exactly the kind of player Daniel Snyder will pay over the odds for. I think we will be able to get him re-signed this time but he will be gone in a few years unless he loses his wheels.

Brown's not the biggest guy but he seems to be emerging as the more reliable to make a play for a first down.

Sanders, I see potential but there are still some questions. I think we'll know by the time Wallace is ready to go if Sanders is a guy worth planning around. But assuming he does develop into a decent number I would be OK with Brown and Sanders (assuming somebody pays foolish money for Wallace).

Well then, the 1st and 3rd round picks that Danny Boy would have to give up should be plenty high, since the Redskins suck on an annual basis. Think Colbert will be able to do some damage with a high 1st, low 1st, low 2nd, high 3rd, and low 3rd on the first two days of the draft?

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
And I'm at least *asking* the fat man for 5-0. You never start negotiations at your bottom line.

:nono

Perhaps sentinel spent a little more time on Santa's "naughty" list this year. :wink: