PDA

View Full Version : Troy's Hair

flippy
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Why does he tuck it before the game starts and then let it out during the game?

Seems like that hair inside his helmet could protect his noggin.

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
The fact that there is enough room to fit all that hair tucked up in his helmet during pregame means that his helmet is too loose during actual gameplay. Helmets should be snug. You should have to pull from the earholes in order to get them on and off. If you can casually remove them like a baseball cap, they are too loose. An improper helmet fit makes one more prone to concussions.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 11:03 PM
If Troy played with his hair all tied up on his head, he probably wouldn't need a helmet...

flippy
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
The fact that there is enough room to fit all that hair tucked up in his helmet during pregame means that his helmet is too loose during actual gameplay. Helmets should be snug. You should have to pull from the earholes in order to get them on and off. If you can casually remove them like a baseball cap, they are too loose. An improper helmet fit makes one more prone to concussions.

This is a great question. Does his helmet fit?

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM

This is a great question. Does his helmet fit?

Most NFL players have helmets that aren't a proper fit (probably because they are more concerned with their helmet feeling comfortable on their head than they are with safety). When guys come to the sidelines, you see most of them just tip up their facemask as easily as a tip of the ballcap. If the helmet was properly snug, that should freaking hurt (feel like ripping your ears off if you aren't yanking at the earholes). Some morons even have earrings in their ears when playing (remember that moron who lost a $10,000 diamond stud on the practice field one day). Equipment managers give the players what they want, not what is best for them. The amount of color showing on your socks is mandated and fineable, but using a properly-fitted concussion-reducing helmet is not. It's another moronic aspect of the Goodell regime.

rpmpit
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
I always thought he put it into a bun that hangs out the back. Hard to believe that all that hair fits into that bun though.

Probably the only time I'll ever use the word "bun" on this board when not referring to the infamous Bengal fan bun throwing incident.

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2011/10/09/13/37/11-rXeq0.Em.138.jpg

BTW, I know that some players use inflatable air bladders (kinda like the Reebok pump sneakers of years gone by) in their helmets to ensure a better fit. But have you guys noticed how many helmets seem to be flying off players this year? I think it was Dierdorf who mentioned it earlier in the year. Since then I've been noticing a lot more often.

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2010/04/30/49ers_Camp_Football_t470.jpg?84974f3f373deb0dda0f7 5a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

frenchie
12-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I saw him interviewed about it last year. He said his helmet was more comfortable on when his hair was down.

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I saw him interviewed about it last year. He said his helmet was more comfortable on when his hair was down.

Nice contribution Mr. Fuqua

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Nice contribution Mr. Fuqua

Okay...but the question remains...were Frenchy's shoes more comfortable with a fish in the heel or without? :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/SNjxG70lbnI/AAAAAAAAALc/3CSs7-15DsI/S220/expimpshoesblack.gif