PDA

View Full Version : I have to Question Pouncey...

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Last night, and every game from this point out, are very important. For him to check out last night because he didnt feel well makes me question what has happened to the professional football player?? Considering how important the game was, how the O-line was struggling to protect Ben last night, I wonder about Pouncey's mental make up. Does anyone here really think that Mike Webster or Dermonti Dawson would have allowed themselves to be taken out for a viral infection? Seriously?

And while I'm at it, opponents are now bent on taking a way the deep pass, in particular Mike Wallace, so I think it's time the Steelers make an adjustment themselves. If opponents are going to play off of Wallace 10 plus yards they need to start attacking underneath. Take what they are giving. Quit trying to force what isnt there.

Also, as many here know, I was heavy on Rashard Mendenhall and him taking Willie Parker's job several years back. Well now I am becoming anti-Mendenhall. In my opinion he has flat-out regressed. Never have I seen a running back his size get taken down so often in the open field by one tackler (mostly a DB). If you compare the way that Redman, Moore, or even Dwyer attack a hole it is far more aggressive than what Mendy does. I think it is time Tomlin gets Mendenhall's attention and does something to light a fire under him or just go with who is better right now. It is clearly not Mendenhall.

Here is my wish list for the Steelers in this coming draft.

1-David DeCastro OG Stanford
2-Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
3-Marvin McNutt WR Iowa
4-Rhett Ellison FB/TE USC

Slapstick
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know what kind of viral infection he had...if he felt he couldn't perform up to the requirements of the job, why stay out there?

If he can't defend himself, or consequently Ben, better than Legursky, what's the point?

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I have a question... Are you a doctor? Or do you think playing center is as easy as sitting on the couch watching the game. I've had viral infections before that have been very debilitating. They said they tried to hydrate him to a point that he could play but were unable to. Tell me Dr. Dee Dub, being severally dehydrated as he was do you think he should have played?

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know what kind of viral infection he had...if he felt he couldn't perform up to the requirements of the job, why stay out there?

If he can't defend himself, or consequently Ben, better than Legursky, what's the point?

I'll ask the question again...do you think Mike Webster or Dermonti Dawson would have ever left the game for this?

Suck it up!! And yes...75-80% of Pouncey is better than 100% of having Kemo in the game.

snarky
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Really? You're going to call out a guy who gave it a go even though he had a virus, went to the locker room and (presumably) either threw up or had a bout of diarrhea and who could not subsequently rehydrate enough to re-enter the game?

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I have a question... Are you a doctor? Or do you think playing center is as easy as sitting on the couch watching the game. I've had viral infections before that have been very debilitating. They said they tried to hydrate him to a point that he could play but were unable to. Tell me Dr. Dee Dub, being severally dehydrated as he was do you think he should have played?

I saw a shot of Pouncey coming out of the tunnel pre-game and he was as fired up as a player could ever be. Didnt seem that ill to me. And he was ok enough to start the game.

Answer the question....would Webster or Dawson have left the game for this?

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Really? You're going to call out a guy who gave it a go even though he had a virus, went to the locker room and (presumably) either threw up or had a bout of diarrhea and who could not subsequently rehydrate enough to re-enter the game?

Well yeah...sorry I grew up at a time when as a football player, or even just as a man, you sucked these type of things up when others were counting on you. But that's just me....and the era I grew up in.

Man the game has really changed. We as fans have to take some of the blame for this too.

:roll:

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
My fellow Steeler fans..defend Pouncey all you want, but it has come down to the fact that we live in an era where football players decide not to play because they dont feel good.

I just dont get it.

:HeadBanger

snarky
11-28-2011, 04:17 PM
A few weeks back you said you liked Ben because he didn't point the finger at his teammates. Since then it seems that after every game you've started a thread calling somebody out.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:18 PM

I would like for you to go to the game tape just before the start of the game and you will see a shot of Pouncey coming out of the tunnel acting as if his hair is on fire. He is jacked up and fire up as one could be. This is the guy who says he doesnt feel good and can't play the rest of the game? :shock:

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
A few weeks back you said you liked Ben because he didn't point the finger at his teammates. Since then it seems that after every game you've started a thread calling somebody out.

Ok take the focus off of Pouncey and direct it to me if that makes you feel better. :wink:

Pouncey left the game last night because he didnt feel good. He wasnt injured. I have a hard time swallowing that myself.

Sugar
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM

I would like for you to go to the game tape just before the start of the game and you will see a shot of Pouncey coming out of the tunnel acting as if his hair is on fire. He is jacked up and fire up as one could be. This is the guy who says he doesnt feel good and can't play the rest of the game? :shock:

That's no thing. I don't know if you've ever played a sport or not but even when you don't feel well, you just go out and try to make the best of it. You psych yourself up and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I remember wrestling a match where I felt weak and like crap. I got myself up for it, but by the second period I was so weak I could hardly stand.

It wouldn't surprise me if Maurkice tried to make a go of it, psyched himelf up and then just didn't have it. If what he had made him weaker, it was in both his and the teams best interest that he not be in there.

I don't know if Dirt or Webster would have sat out or not, but if that was the circumstance then they should have. Pouncey hasn't given us an reason to question his desire. My hope for him is that he gets healthy soon and ready for the Bengals.

WindyCitySteel
11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Meh, no idea how sick he was but if he was pitching up his guts I'll give him a pass. When that is bad, it's almost impossible to do anything but just lie there and feel miserable, let alone play NFL football at a high level.

Starlifter
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I think the game takes on a whole new flavor if the starting center has a case of the $hits....

I trust pouncey's judgement. he's no pussy.

drprwnap
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow, DeeDub seriously?? No disrespect but I think you're way off on this one. First off, these guys are human beings, not machines. I don't care how big, strong, in-shape, world class athlete you are, if a virus hits you hard, you're going DOWN. I don't care if your name is Pouncey, Dawson or Webster. I've had viruses hit me where I couldn't get out of the bathroom to just lay on the couch. And they hit me suddenly, flet fine one minute and then, BOOM!
What you have Pouncey do? Go out on the field and $hit his pants or puke all over the field while he is playing? Unless you were in the locker room and saw firsthand what the man was going through, you have no right to question him.

snarky
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Ok take the focus off of Pouncey and direct it to me if that makes you feel better. :wink:

Pouncey left the game last night because he didnt feel good. He wasnt injured. I have a hard time swallowing that myself.

Ok, yeah. This was all about me feeling better. You got me.

Anyway, unless you know why he went to the locker room, why he was dehydrated and what his actual symptoms are, I think it's pretty unfair to call the guy out. As mentioned above, he hasn't given us any reason in the past to think he would just bail on his team. But if, for instance, he was having issues with balance or vision he did the right thing by taking himself out.

And I mean really, you said in that other thread that people who criticize Ben need to "take a look inside themselves" and then you come here and call Pouncey out even though you have no knowledge regarding his particulars. Pretty weak, IMO.

And whether Dirt or Webster would have sat out in this case, who knows. Nobody knows what his symptoms were

feltdizz
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
It was the Chiefs... it wasn't the Rats or the Bungels and we should have won easily without him.

I'll never question a guy like Pouncey not staying in a game...

Stop hiding it Dub, just admit it.. you hate everyone on the team except Ben :stirpot

:D

feltdizz
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM

Anyway, unless you know why he went to the locker room, why he was dehydrated and what his actual symptoms are, I think it's pretty unfair to call the guy out. As mentioned above, he hasn't given us any reason in the past to think he would just bail on his team. But if, for instance, he was having issues with balance or vision he did the right thing by taking himself out.

And I mean really, you said in that other thread that people who criticize Ben need to "take a look inside themselves" and then you come here and call Pouncey out even though you have no knowledge regarding his particulars. Pretty weak, IMO.

And whether Dirt or Webster would have sat out in this case, who knows. Nobody knows what his symptoms were

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Ben has to stick his hands under this man's @$$ play after play. As if whacking an oblong pigskin ball off his broken thumb again and again isn't bad enough, you want your QB to be sticking his hands on the backside of a guy who had to continually bend over while possibly battling diarrhea during the game?

They make these for geriatric tennis players, not professional football players:

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tumblr_l2c7e3b7CT1qbbpaoo1_500.jpg

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

It was said on the air Pouncey wasnt feeling good. Flu like symptoms. Possibly a viral infection.

Mike Webster or Dermonti Dawson would have never left a game that the Steelers need to win (playoff implications).

This is a new era...and some fans accept it.

I wonder what the cry would have been if the Chiefs had taken the lead and Legursky (playing center), cost the Steelers with a final drive sack he gave up???

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I believe there was another Pouncey available to fill in for him on Sunday night (one who had the day off after playing on Thanksgiving). The brothers should have pulled the ol' switcheroo if Maurkice was unable to continue. Then Maurkice could have potentially returned the favor by filling in for Mike if anything happened to him when the Dolphins play the Eagles on 12-11-11 (after Maurkice played against Cleveland on 12-8-11). :wink:

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
It was the Chiefs... it wasn't the Rats or the Bungels and we should have won easily without him.

Stop hiding it Dub, just admit it.. you hate everyone on the team except Ben :stirpot

At this point in the season the opponent doesnt matter. All of these games have playoff implications. Home field advantage or hosting a playoff game are at stake.

But if you see it as less important because it is the Chiefs I dont expect you to understand much in regards to importance. :wink:

Mike Webster would have never left last night's game for what Pouncey left for. Never!!

snarky
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM

At this point in the season the opponent doesnt matter. All of these games have playoff implications. Home field advantage or hosting a playoff game are at stake.

But if you see it as less important because it is the Chiefs I dont expect you to understand much in regards to importance. :wink:

Mike Webster would have never left last night's game for what Pouncey left for. Never!!

What exactly did he leave for? What were the flu-like symptoms? Fever? Naseau? What?

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM

What exactly did he leave for? What were the flu-like symptoms? Fever? Naseau? What?

It's ok snarky. we've got you down as being ok with a football player leaving an important game for flu like symtoms.

Just so you know...that means in 10 years at the end of Pouncey's career you now can never ever compare him to Webster or Dawson. :wink:

Steelerphile
11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Mike webster was too tough for his own good. That's probably why he had severe mental problems after football and died at a very young age.

One thing I never do is a question another person's illness or injury. If you aren't walking in his shoes and experiencing exactly what he is, you are not qualified to call him a wimp for not playing.

There was not a severe dropoff by playing Legursky at center as opposed to an ill Pouncey.

snarky
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
[quote=feltdizz]It was the Chiefs... it wasn't the Rats or the Bungels and we should have won easily without him.

It's ok snarky. we've got you down as being ok with a football player leaving an important game for flu like symtoms.

Just so you know...that means in 10 years at the end of Pouncey's career you now can never ever compare him to Webster or Dawson. :wink:[/quote:zftxr408]

I'm guessing if you could actually answer the question I asked, you would have. So basically you are calling out the guy's toughness even though you admittedly don't have the whole story.

aggiebones
11-28-2011, 05:34 PM
DeeDub proves he doesn't get it again.

Maybe he has really bad diarhea and Ben said, get the heck out of here and he exploded on his hand. Who knows, but Pouncey is not weak by any standards. There are times that you can play with flu and other bugs, but at its peak, it can reduce you completely to a bag of mush.
Yes, he came out on fire, probably trying to get wound up for the game and fight through it. But likely he just used all his juice and had nothing left after a quarter.

Dee, have you ever had flu for instance when you could barely crawl to the bathroom? Could you have played any sport in that condition.

Twice I've passed out on a basketball court, playing when I shouldn't have. Once with flu and once when I had mono. Literally woke up on the court and had to leave. Pouncey was likely hanging on the edge. Had some bout in the bathroom and was so dehydrated, could not stand, let alone play football.

He did not have the sniffles, I assure you.

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
WAIT are you guys telling me that Dub is NOT the team Doctor????? I feel so... used.

snarky
11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
According to this he had a hard time walking to the locker room. But I suppose he was probably faking. :roll:

http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... rs-chiefs/ (http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/2011/11/28/sideline-notebook-steelers-chiefs/)

From webmd

In addition, the severity of infectious gastroenteritis (stomach flu) depends on your immune system's ability to resist the infection. Electrolytes (these include essential elements of sodium and potassium) may be lost as you vomit and experience diarrhea.

When Should You Call the Doctor About Stomach Flu?

If you experience symptoms of stomach flu and are weak and dizzy, you may be dehydrated. If you cannot drink fluids but continue to lose fluids through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea, you should call your doctor. If you are sleepy or unaware, you should definitely be taken to a doctor or hospital's emergency department. Other signs that warrant medical treatment include:

blood in the vomit or stool
dehydration (check for little to no urination, extreme thirst, lack of tears, and dry mouth)
fever higher than 101 degrees
swollen abdomen or abdominal pain in the right lower part of the abdomen
vomiting that lasts more than 48 hours

flippy
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
The fact that these guys are in the NFL makes them way tougher than any of us. I bet if any of us felt like Pouncey on an average day, we wouldn't get out of bed for a month.

Whatever he went through to miss the game would have probably sidelined us for a year.

SteelCrazy
11-28-2011, 05:53 PM
This is a different era, that's all. The old way is not something you get out of kids today. Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg.......Ronnie Lott with a missing finger. This is Goodell's new NFL and its spreading like wild fire.

WindyCitySteel
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Webster would have played through the Ebola Virus...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 06:06 PM
If Pouncey had stayed in the game and sucked, this board would be lit up today with posts criticizing him for NOT taking himself out.

flippy
11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
This is a different era, that's all. The old way is not something you get out of kids today. Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg.......Ronnie Lott with a missing finger. This is Goodell's new NFL and its spreading like wild fire.

The old days were like college ball to a degree. A couple of great players and the rest were fillers and the NFL was part time work.

Now you have guys that are bigger, faster, and stronger and collide way more violently even in the pussified era of Roger Goodell. And they're all talented. Even the 53rd guy on the roster.

I was listening to Inside the NFL this week and Warren Sapp was saying something along the lines of most great NFL players are on HGH and that's why the NFL doesn't test for it. They need to have time to allow players to get off it and allow some legends to retire. Not sure if i was specifically HGH, I just caught a part of it.

Mix in the growth hormones with the size/speed combo and the game is nearly deadly.

Making the NFL is no longer about being a great athlete, it's about pain threshold and recovery time. And I think some of the old timers would struggle if they had to play in the modern game because they would no longer be the only great player. They'd have to recover from way more punishment themselves.

Sugar
11-28-2011, 08:14 PM

And it would have been a stupid thing to do. Just sayin...

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2011, 08:18 PM
[quote=feltdizz]It was the Chiefs... it wasn't the Rats or the Bungels and we should have won easily without him.

Just so you know...that means in 10 years at the end of Pouncey's career you now can never ever compare him to Webster or Dawson. :wink:[/quote:3pojzw6i]

This is crap. For all you know, Pouncey could have had a substantially high fever and a dangerous level of dehydration from not being able to keep any food or drink down. Couple those things with the extreme amount of exertion required to compete in the trenches for 3 hours worth of an NFL football game, and you could potentially have the recipe for a Korey Stringer like situation (even without the intense heat of training camp). Perhaps Pouncey was sweating early on like he normal would during a game, then he stopped sweating, which would be indicative of his internal organs starting to shut down. I'm totally speculating here (I don't have any more information about his situation last night than you do), but there is a reason that they have doctors on the sidelines for these games (and not every one is a orthopedist for knee injuries of a neurologist for head injuries). I'm sure it was a doctor who ultimately made the call to remove him from the game, not Pouncey himself.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 08:26 PM
If you recorded the game watch the beginning when the Steelers game out of the tunnel. #53 is very clear to see. Now...tell me this is a man who had to leave the game in the middle of it and was so bad he couldn't continue.

Yes...this is definitely a new era.

OK guys...we will just chalk this one up as Dee Dub doesn't get it. You're right I don't.

Flu like symptoms. Wow. :roll:

Wilkinsburg
11-28-2011, 08:46 PM
If you recorded the game watch the beginning when the Steelers game out of the tunnel. #53 is very clear to see. Now...tell me this is a man who had to leave the game in the middle of it and was so bad he couldn't continue.

Yes...this is definitely a new era.

OK guys...we will just chalk this one up as Dee Dub doesn't get it. You're right I don't.

Flu like symptoms. Wow. :roll:

shoulda just stopped with "dee dub doesn't get it" its the only sensible thing you have said in this whole thread

Sugar
11-28-2011, 08:48 PM

I think I already explained how this happens. :HeadBanger

Shoe
11-28-2011, 08:53 PM

I saw a shot of Pouncey coming out of the tunnel pre-game and he was as fired up as a player could ever be. Didnt seem that ill to me. And he was ok enough to start the game.

Answer the question....would Webster or Dawson have left the game for this?

I will answer the question: Yes, they probably would.
Look, at this point, if you question whether he will be prone to missing games, because he's had his share of nicks that have kept him out of games, I could buy it. But I would not question Pouncey's toughness or dedication yet. The guy tried his darndest to play the SB when the doctors basically said he had no chance. That shows me something.

And yes, I also thought of how he ran out of the tunnel for the game... he looked fired up.

snarky
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
So the shot of him in the tunnel trumps everything. I get it now.

Video of him in the tunnel before the game is more indicative of his condition throughout the game than sideline reports that he had trouble walking to the locker room.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry guys. I question why he left the game for flu like symptoms. Nothing you can say will change that. And no...Webster or Dawson would have never left for that reason. Regardless of what a doctor said.

I suspect this will rear it's head again sometime in his career for something else. It's a character thing. Something deep down inside of an individual. Some just wouldnt have had it. Others...well there's always an excuse for it. And it makes it ok for them.

Again...Pouncey left the game for flu like symptons. The same guy who was going bananas before the game in the team tunnel. The same guy who got involved during the game when the team had a squirmish with some of the Chiefs. He litterally runs over and pushes #23 of the Chiefs. The same guy who in the 1st quarter after converting a 4th and 2 jumps up like a mand man to wildly congratualte Isaac Redman.

I dont question his ability. But I do question why he left the game for flu like symptons.

pfelix73
11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
LOL-

"...Webster or Dawson would have ever left for that reason. Regardless of what a doctor said."

Care to tell us how you would know this? Just a guess on your part, I suppose..

WTF.

:lol:

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 10:35 PM
so getting sick points to a deep dark character flaw?

good to know.

MeetJoeGreene
11-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I think the game takes on a whole new flavor if the starting center has a case of the $hits....

I trust pouncey's judgement. he's no bad word.

Very nicely worded!

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 10:58 PM

Webby once played a game suffering from malaria, typhoid AND ebola at the same time! :D

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 11:02 PM
LOL-

"...Webster or Dawson would have ever left for that reason. Regardless of what a doctor said."

Care to tell us how you would know this? Just a guess on your part, I suppose..

WTF.

:lol:

Sorry that was a typo. I meant they would have "never" left for that reason.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 11:04 PM

Video of him in the tunnel before the game is more indicative of his condition throughout the game than sideline reports that he had trouble walking to the locker room.

Michele Tafoya reported during the game that he came into the game with the illness. And then look at every thing he did up until he left the game with about 13:00 minutes to play in the second quarter.

He was hardly at the trouble walking stage you alude too.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 11:07 PM
so getting sick points to a deep dark character flaw?

good to know.

Eddie, he left a very important game for his team for flu like symptoms. How does that become acceptable all of a sudden?

I dont get it.

I am not saying he has deep dark character flaws. But his character makeup is of such that he isnt able to suck up flu like symptoms and man up for his teammates.

And that is usually something that doesnt just go a way.

snarky
11-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Michele Tafoya reported during the game that he came into the game with the illness. And then look at every thing he did up until he left the game with about 13:00 minutes to play in the second quarter.

Steelers went off the field with about 13:20 left in the quarter and came back on at least 4-5 minutes later. I guess his condition started to deteriorate at that point. I don't know when the he was supposedly having trouble walking; but I have no reason to doubt what was reported. Dude was apparently sick all day and went from a heated dressing room out to sub 40 degree weather back to the heating dressing room and back out to the field. I guess I wouldn't find it shocking if his body didn't react well to all the changes.

Anyway, I think it's pathetic that you are questioning his character before you have all the facts. You don't know what the symptoms were. You don't know if he had been suffering from vomiting/diarrhea throughout the day and (as you cleverly ignored above, you don't really know what Webster or Dawson would have done if they had the same symptoms. Flu-like symptoms can range from a slight fever to literally being on you death-bed. And you act like he is the first guy in the history of the league to miss a game due to the flu or flu-like symptoms.

But carry on with your diagnosis of his condition from pre-game video. I'm sure you know better than the team doctors.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Steelers went off the field with about 13:20 left in the quarter and came back on at least 4-5 minutes later. I guess his condition started to deteriorate at that point. I don't know when the he was supposedly having trouble walking; but I have no reason to doubt what was reported. Dude was apparently sick all day and went from a heated dressing room out to sub 40 degree weather back to the heating dressing room and back out to the field. I guess I wouldn't find it shocking if his body didn't react well to all the changes.

Anyway, I think it's pathetic that you are questioning his character before you have all the facts. You don't know what the symptoms were. You don't know if he had been suffering from vomiting/diarrhea throughout the day and (as you cleverly ignored above, you don't really know what Webster or Dawson would have done if they had the same symptoms. Flu-like symptoms can range from a slight fever to literally being on you death-bed. And you act like he is the first guy in the history of the league to miss a game due to the flu or flu-like symptoms.

But carry on with your diagnosis of his condition from pre-game video. I'm sure you know better than the team doctors.

Look at Pouncey pre-game, during the entire 1st quarter and then justify all you want. He left the game for flu like symptoms.

15 years ago this would have been taboo. But in this new world of player safety, not hitting a defenseless receiver, and playing to the likes of the Roger Goodell's of the world, I guess it has become acceptable.

You can't complain about what Goodell is doing to the game when you yourself are ok with one of your players leaving a game that means a lot to the team for flu like symptoms.

The NFL and it's fans have become soft.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 11:50 PM
so now we are all soft too?

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 11:56 PM
so now we are all soft too?

No..not all. I think some of you are just looking through Black N Gold glasses.

Have you noticed Rashard Mendenhall has been running a little different since he got popped by Hiloti Ngata this year? It's contageous Eddie. And I would imagine this mentallity is not going to stop if it is acceptable.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 12:06 AM
The sad thing is, this not playing due to illness thing has become acceptable league wide. Peyton Hillis didnt suit up earlier this year because he had streep throat.

Times have truly changed.

snarky
11-29-2011, 12:08 AM
You can't complain about what Goodell is doing to the game when you yourself are ok with one of your players leaving a game that means a lot to the team for flu like symptoms.

Why not? Because you said so? Do me a favor.

And my point remains, flu-like symptoms can vary across a wide spectrum. And we don't know what symptoms he has. So you are judging the guy and questioning his character without complete information. (Queue comment about video in the tunnel).

snarky
11-29-2011, 12:09 AM
The sad thing is, this not playing due to illness thing has become acceptable league wide. Peyton Hillis didnt suit up earlier this year because he had streep throat.

Pretty sure both John Elway and Steve Young missed games due to the flu.

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
No, I don't think Webster would have left a game...

And look how much good it did him...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-29-2011, 02:33 AM

Heck, next thing you know, guys will be sitting out because of pulled hammies, pinched nerves, and broken toes. Maybe even concussions, broken legs and mono. Pu$$ies.

I feel like I'm getting softer just writing about this.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2011, 02:51 AM

Heck, next thing you know, guys will be sitting out because of pulled hammies, pinched nerves, and broken toes. Maybe even concussions, broken legs and mono. Pu$$ies.

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Didn't that pu$sy Lambert quit the game because his toe hurt?

flippy
11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Mike Webster was 6'1", 255lbs. Lining up across from today's DTs would make him sh!t himself too.

snarky
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM

I know. We really are destroying this league by not diagnosing a guy on video and then slamming him for coming out of the game 45 minutes later.

And it looks like the softness is contagious. I noticed #43 was really pumped before the game but then only played on the opening drive. Mel Blount would have never done that.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I think there is a huge difference in an "injury" and an "illness". But since you bring up Troy Polamalu, did you notice how he was standing on the sideline with his helmet on in an attempt to get back in the game?

Yeah..there's also a difference in the makeup of certain players.

You guys are ok with a guy checking out of a game that had playoff implications for flu like symptoms. I am not.

Oh for heaven's sakes his little tummy hurt and he had to throw up and he had diarrhea.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One player with a concussion wants back in the game another with a lil flu wants out. :roll:

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Didn't that pu$sy Lambert quit the game because his toe hurt?

Again...I am not talking about an injury. I am talking about flu like symptoms. There is a huge difference.

I will allude to Pouncey prior to the game and all during the first quarter of the game. Does that look like a man who has to leave the game? Are you telling me it was so bad that he couldnt suck it up for his team?

I question that.

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
You know who wasn't a sissy? Who sucked it up for his team?

Korey Stringer...

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM
You know who wasn't a sissy? Who sucked it up for his team?

Korey Stringer...

Yeah that's the same.... :roll:

Stringer died of heat stroke during a blazing summer heat in training camp. A player who bulked up way beyond what his normal body weight should have held.

And Pouncey??

The Steelers lost two starters in the first half -- safety Troy Polamalu to a head injury and center Maurkice Pouncey to what coach Mike Tomlin said was a stomach virus.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11332/1193136-66.stm

...his tummy hurt. :roll:

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 01:10 PM

Actually, you don't know if it's the same or not. You don't know anything about the situation other than the knee-jerk judgment that you made by watching TV.

Are you entitled to your opinion? Yes.

Is your opinion well informed? No.

Different situation or not, that attitude is what probably led to Stringer's death...

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Actually, you don't know if it's the same or not. You don't know anything about the situation other than the knee-jerk judgment that you made by watching TV.

Different situation or not, that attitude is what probably led to Stringer's death...

How many times in the NFL has that situation (Korey Stringer), happened? It is a very rare case.

And saying my opinion isnt well informed is incorrect. It was reported by the network which came straight from the Steelers. Sorry my friend it wasn't anything more than a stomach flu.

Have you ever heard of an NFL player dying on the field during a game due to a stomach flu?

It's ok Slap. I got you down with Snarky. You are of the school that thinks it's ok for a player to leave a game for a flu. A game in which his offense is struggling mightily to score and to protect his QB. A game that was very important in regards to the playoffs.

I unfortunately did not attend that same school.

Sorry.

snarky
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":3uotwku5]Yeah that's the same.... :roll:

How many times in the NFL has that situation (Korey Stringer), happened? It is a very rare case.

And saying my opinion isnt well informed is incorrect. It was reported by the network which came straight from the Steelers. Sorry my friend it wasn't anything more than a stomach flu.

Have you ever heard of an NFL player dying on the field during a game due to a stomach flu?

It's ok Slap. I got you down with Snarky. You are of the school that thinks it's ok for a player to leave a game for a flu. A game in which his offense is struggling mightily to score and to protect his QB. A game that was very important in regards to the playoffs.

Sorry.[/quote:3uotwku5]

Like most illnesses stomach flu (gastroenteritis) exists on a continuum of severity. Severe dehydration or loss of electrolytes can hinder proper cellular function and lead to seizures.

But I guess knee-jerk reactions are more easy if you use a one-size fits all definition. I get that.

And for the record, I never said it would be OK for a guy to pull himself out of the game simply because his stomach hurts. But likewise, I wouldn't throw a guy under the bus like you have without a ****load more information than we have now.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":mmwes7d1]Yeah that's the same.... :roll:

Sorry.

Like most illnesses stomach flu (gastroenteritis) exists on a continuum of severity. Severe dehydration or loss of electrolytes can hinder proper cellular function and lead to seizures.

But I guess knee-jerk reactions are more easy if you use a one-size fits all definition. I get that.

And for the record, I never said it would be OK for a guy to pull himself out of the game simply because his stomach hurts. But likewise, I wouldn't throw a guy under the bus like you have without a ****load more information than we have now.[/quote:mmwes7d1]

He was sent to the locker room to re-hydrate. He never came back into the game.

And Snarky, we have all the information regarding this. It has been reported by the Steelers and the Steelers head coach. It was a stomach flu. Nothing else.

We dont need a ****load (as you put it), of information.

feltdizz
11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
he was pumped before the game and we have video to prove it...

if he checked out of this oh so important Chiefs game what next? Will he bail out during a play? Quit the season mid snap?

Tune in next week folks. :roll:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow Dub...I think you called out someone who needs no defense.

Easy to flash your man card from sitting in your chair behind your computer. Also tells me you have no personal experience playing in the trenches on any high level. If Pouncey had anything wrong with him pregame and made the start...That's a tuff guy...period. Do you have any idea what he is asking his body to hold up to blocking in the trenches with "flu like symptons". Fever, dehydration, weakness, running to the bathroom holding your cheeks together with your hand so you don't squirt on the wall as you make the corner! Did you ever hear the football phrases, "You get hurt when you are at your weakest" or "You get hurt standing around the pile" ? The man tried to give it a go. RESPECT to him for trying. Then RESPECT X2 for knowing he was a weak spot in the armor and him not being himself was only hurting the team. Would Pouncey laying on the field after he $hit his pants & got steam rolled while getting BB knocked out of the game made you happier? Or would you have started a topic "I have to Question Pouncey"...and his intelligence & selfishness for trying to play and putting BB's health at risk? Come on...Is there really anything there at all to question? How about question the other 11 guys on offense who forgot to come off of vacation.

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Mike Webster died at the age of 50!

Yes the game has changed!!!!!!! I'd rather have Pouncey or any Steeler take themselves out if they arent 100%. We need them in JANUARY not vs the Chiefs!

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Mike Webster's durability and toughness made him a four-time Super Bowl champion and one of the NFL's best linemen ever. Those very qualities also might have led to a brain injury that sent him spiraling into drug use and homelessness.

Yep Mike would have played but maybe because of Mike the game also changed to provide some safety and possibly longer life as well!

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Ed: Pouncey Leaves Game Sick
SUNDAY, 27 NOVEMBER 2011 21:22 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE
Center Maurkice Pouncey left tonight's game in the second quarter because he is sick.

Mike Webster died at 50 because he abused his body with Steroids. That isnt the same as leaving a game because he was sick.

I am amazed at some of you. :roll:

Pouncey left the game because he felt sick.

snarky
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
[quote=Slapstick][quote="Dee Dub":5jf3hql5]Yeah that's the same.... :roll:

Sorry.

And for the record, I never said it would be OK for a guy to pull himself out of the game simply because his stomach hurts. But likewise, I wouldn't throw a guy under the bus like you have without a ****load more information than we have now.[/quote:5jf3hql5]

He was sent to the locker room to re-hydrate. He never came back into the game.

And Snarky, we have all the information regarding this. It has been reported by the Steelers and the Steelers head coach. It was a stomach flu. Nothing else.

We dont need a ****load (as you put it), of information.[/quote:5jf3hql5]

Per Tomlin, MP is dehydrated and lost a significant amount of weight. Sounds like more than a stomach ache to me.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
he was pumped before the game and we have video to prove it...

if he checked out of this oh so important Chiefs game what next? Will he bail out during a play? Quit the season mid snap?

Tune in next week folks. :roll:

Felt, you dont see all the remaining games as important in regards to the playoffs and seeding?

pittpete
11-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow dude are you serious about this?
Im late to the thread but your out of your mind.
Last year I came to work, by lunchtime I was laying on the floor near my desk crippled,puking in an empty box.
Took me over 2 hours just to try and get up.
This wasnt a bruise or a strain to a body part.
Wow, some call me too much :roll:

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:24 PM
The Steelers are down playing Troy's head injury too! It's what they do! So to them Pouncey was just sick! Wasn't Ryan Clark just sick in Denver too? Should he travel there and play?

Mike Webster abused the crap out of his body as did all the ALLTIMERS! We can look at them as being tough or we can look at them as being STUPID! Kinda sucks dying before you can collect social security! Thanks Mike for all that FICA you paid on your NFL Salary and sorry you were never able to collect any of it back but hey YOU WERE TOUGH as NAILS!!! Way to go BUD! LOL

Didnt we win the game? Again in a win we like to point out negative crap to complain about!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Last year I came to work, by lunchtime I was laying on the floor near my desk crippled,puking in an empty box.

Pete, I know you are old school. Would you have left an important game due to a stomach ache? A flu? A game where you were struggling to score? A game that had major playoff implications? A game where you and your fellow O-lineman were struggling to protect your QB?

Forget it...I already know your answer. No way you would have left that game.

I know you guys feel the need to protect your favorite players but the fact is Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well.

Period!!!

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
:bungalssuck

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
The Steelers are down playing Troy's head injury too! It's what they do! So to them Pouncey was just sick! Wasn't Ryan Clark just sick in Denver too? Should he travel there and play?

Wow...comparing (Ryan Clark's), life threatening condition to that of the flu.

Ok.

And times are sure changing.

Sugar
11-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Pete, I know you are old school. Would you have left an important game due to a stomach ache? A flu? A game where you were struggling to score? A game that had major playoff implications? A game where you and your fellow O-lineman were struggling to protect your QB?

Forget it...I already know your answer. No way you would have left that game.

I know you guys feel the need to protect your favorite players but the fact is Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well.

Period!!!

Uhh, Pouncey has never been confused with one of my favorite players. If a guy isn't able to positively contribute it doesn't matter if it's turf toe, a concussion, a hammy or flu. You are not in a position to pass judgement on how sick he really was simply based on how he seemed from your perspective 20 minutes earlier.

I cannot believe this thread is now on page 6 and I'm still contributing to it! :HeadBanger

snarky
11-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I know you guys feel the need to protect your favorite players

Says the guy who started a thread telling people who criticized Ben's play that they should "look inside themselves".

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Wolfley said that he looked awful when he left the field and after the game. He was dripping sweat when he went to the locker room and it was pretty cold there.

This is a stupid thread apparently started by someone pining for the days when he walked to school in three feet of snow on prosthetic legs that were actually broken from the kitchen table, the rest of which was used as firewood to heat the house.

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
He is dehydrated and has lost a significant amount of weight per Tomlin.

So yeah comparing this to Ryan Clark does make sense! When a person is dehydrated it takes only a few hours to become hydrated again. So to say he couldnt get himself hydrated again to return into the game makes PERFECT sense. Does anyone know how to use google besides me? Seriously!!!!!! All our answers are a google search away.

Lost weight, Vomiting, Diherrea is all signs of dehydration which means it will take several hours to get back on track. A football game is 3 hours long. He gave it a go and couldnt make it!!!!!!! Guys miss games because of the FLU!!!!!!! Our Big Lineman lost a significant amount of weight!!!!!!!! That is a concern!!!!!!!!!!!

To tell you the truth i didnt even notice that he left the game!!!!!! I'm not a big watch the line type of guy and I didnt hear the announcers saying anything either! To me it as a nonfactor of this game!!! Get well Pouncey!

Has no one here been dehydrated before? I have!!!! No way you are playing a 3 hour tackle football game!!!

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
This is a stupid thread apparently started by someone pining for the days when he walked to school in three feet of snow on prosthetic legs that were actually broken from the kitchen table, the rest of which was used as firewood to heat the house.

LOL now this is funny!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well. A stomach flu.

Slice it all you want.

Facts are facts.

Now...go look at Pouncey just several minutes before he left the game. 1:17 left in the 1st quarter.

Yeah...that looks like a guy who can't continue. Who is so sick he has to leave the game. :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know how to use google besides me? Seriously!!!!!! All our answers are a google search away.

I only know how to use Google Image Search. Sorry. Maybe he got mono from kissing his brother. :P

http://i40.tinypic.com/15xokjp.jpg

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM

Slice it all you want.

Facts are facts.

Tomlin was there. Wolfley was there. I trust their version of the facts more than I trust yours.

Dee Dub
He is dehydrated and has lost a significant amount of weight per Tomlin.

So yeah comparing this to Ryan Clark does make sense! When a person is dehydrated it takes only a few hours to become hydrated again. So to say he couldnt get himself hydrated again to return into the game makes PERFECT sense. Does anyone know how to use google besides me? Seriously!!!!!! All our answers are a google search away.

Lost weight, Vomiting, Diherrea is all signs of dehydration which means it will take several hours to get back on track. A football game is 3 hours long. He gave it a go and couldnt make it!!!!!!! Guys miss games because of the FLU!!!!!!! Our Big Lineman lost a significant amount of weight!!!!!!!! That is a concern!!!!!!!!!!!

To tell you the truth i didnt even notice that he left the game!!!!!! I'm not a big watch the line type of guy and I didnt hear the announcers saying anything either! To me it as a nonfactor of this game!!! Get well Pouncey!

Has no one here been dehydrated before? I have!!!! No way you are playing a 3 hour tackle football game!!!

You saw him in the game, right? Did it appear he had lost a significant amount of weight? A significant amount of weight would be noticeable. He looked the same to me physically. And he was sent back to the locker room to re-hydrate. Guess what? he never returned to the game.

Doogie36
those are your words right? saying he didnt feel well? or is that the coach's words downplaying the injury like he has done with all the other injuries thus far?

You are so stuck on the FLU!!!! Did you diagnose him? and even if it was the FLU so what!!!!! Haven't many players missed games for the FLU before? No props for attempting to play with the flu? really?

WOW! I guess Mike would have played at least!!! RIP Mike

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
those are your words right? saying he didnt feel well? or is that the coach's words downplaying the injury like he has done with all the other injuries thus far?

You are so stuck on the FLU!!!! Did you diagnose him? and even if it was the FLU so what!!!!! Haven't many players missed games for the FLU before? No props for attempting to play with the flu? really?

WOW! I guess Mike would have played at least!!! RIP Mike

No those are not my words. That is what was reported by the Steelers and the head coach.

Doogie, it's ok. I got you down too as one who is ok with a player leaving a game because he had a stomach ache. :wink:

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Slice it all you want.

Facts are facts.

Tomlin was there. Wolfley was there. I trust their version of the facts more than I trust yours.

Oh yes..Tomlin. The same guy who keeps brushing under the rug the current condition of Troy Polamalu who has had like 10 career concussions. Yeah I trust his judgement. :wink:

snarky
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Doogie, it's ok. I got you down too as one who is ok with a player leaving a game because he had a stomach ache. :wink:

Not one person in this thread has said that. So what you are engaging in there is a bit of self-serving dishonesty.

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1v7de2cx]Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well. A stomach flu.

Slice it all you want.

Facts are facts.

Oh yes..Tomlin. The same guy who keeps brushing under the rug the current condition of Troy Polamalu who has had like 10 career concussions. Yeah I trust his judgement. :wink:[/quote:1v7de2cx]

Again, he's there and talks to the doctors. You are not.

End of story.

pittpete
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I might be old school, but that day I was sick J-LO could've been naked in my office begging for it and I wouldnt have got up or got it up... :lol: :lol:

This right here is some funny crap man.....
I cant stop chuckling :P

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":2wzjorkk]Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well. A stomach flu.

Slice it all you want.

Facts are facts.

Oh yes..Tomlin. The same guy who keeps brushing under the rug the current condition of Troy Polamalu who has had like 10 career concussions. Yeah I trust his judgement. :wink:

Again, he's there and talks to the doctors. You are not.

End of story.[/quote:2wzjorkk]

It wasnt life threatening. It wasnt an injury. It was a stomach flu. This has been reported and confirmed by the Steelers. And guess where they got that from. Their team doctor.

Pouncey left the game because he didnt feel well.

And I dont think that is going to be the end of the story. :wink:

snarky
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
This girl was clearly soft.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356571,00.html

A 16-year-old Canadian girl has died after a virus that started out as the "stomach flu" invaded her heart, Montreal-based newspaper The Gazette is reporting.
Karèle Galaise-Séguin, 16, of Granby, Quebec, died Friday night at the Montreal Children's Hospital after suffering a cerebral hemorrhage.
The teen battled a rare disease for three weeks called myocarditis, which is caused by a viral infection that reaches the heart and inflames the heart muscle.
Galaise-Séguin's illness began as a stomach flu, The Gazette reports. After her condition did not improve in more than two days, her parents took her to the emergency room at Granby Hospital where she was diagnosed with a rapid pulse and dehydration.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 03:20 PM

A 16-year-old Canadian girl has died after a virus that started out as the "stomach flu" invaded her heart, Montreal-based newspaper The Gazette is reporting.
Karèle Galaise-Séguin, 16, of Granby, Quebec, died Friday night at the Montreal Children's Hospital after suffering a cerebral hemorrhage.
The teen battled a rare disease for three weeks called myocarditis, which is caused by a viral infection that reaches the heart and inflames the heart muscle.
Galaise-Séguin's illness began as a stomach flu, The Gazette reports. After her condition did not improve in more than two days, her parents took her to the emergency room at Granby Hospital where she was diagnosed with a rapid pulse and dehydration.

Snarky, this very low of you. Making light of a young girl who lost her life and comparing her to a professional athlete is not the same. She battled this for three weeks.

I think this is very shameful of you.

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM

..and I think the Mods should close this thread in light of what you just did.

I am done with this conversation.

snarky
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM

Yes, I pointed out that stomach flu can have very serious complications and that your opinion of it is very uninformed. How terrible of me.

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Gotta love Dee Dub! He stirs the pot and we are on page 7 of this thread.

A stomach ache gets 7 pages!!! LOL

snarky
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Snarky, this very low of you. Making light of a young girl who lost her life and comparing her to a professional athlete is not the same. She battled this for three weeks.

I think this is very shameful of you.

I'm not making light of her. I'm pointing out that you are claiming that Pouncey is soft because he took himself out of the game for a stomach flu. He sat out a game because he physically did not feel up to going toe-to-teo with 300 pound lineman. His symptoms apparently were not that far off from what this girl experienced before she was hospitalized.

The only shameful thing in this thread is you throwing a guy under the bus because of what you saw from your couch.

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
On a side note, love the profile pic. Is that photoshopped? A friend of yours?

:Bow

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
He displayed his toughness by playing in the Sugar Bowl hours after being treated for kidney stones.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... ce-pouncey (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/tag/_/name/maurkice-pouncey)

See what you find when you use GOOGLE? Yep this guy is SOFT! LOL

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 03:30 PM

Yes, I pointed out that stomach flu can have very serious complications and that your opinion of it is very uninformed. How terrible of me.

Implying that this little girl was soft or even using that term in any way or form in regards to her just to try and prove me wrong is as low at is gets.

I think that is wrong. But if it proves your point I guess it's ok, huh?

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
http://florida.scout.com/2/934244.html

he's weak! I bet Mike wouldnt of even went to the hospital! LOL

:stirpot

snarky
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM

[quote]A 16-year-old Canadian girl has died after a virus that started out as the "stomach flu" invaded her heart, Montreal-based newspaper The Gazette is reporting.

Implying that this little girl was soft or even using that term in any way or form in regards to her just to try and prove me wrong is as low at is gets.

I think that is wrong. But if it proves your point I guess it's ok, huh?[/quote:2xl8npfb]

Maybe you should read up on sarcasm.

I think it's pretty clear from this thread that you are the one who was minimizing the stomach flu. I have continually pointed out that some of its symptoms can be life threatening. But you kept claiming Pouncey was out because he had a stomach ache and using eye-roll emoticons. But surprise, people do die from stomach flu and its complications.

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM

[quote]A 16-year-old Canadian girl has died after a virus that started out as the "stomach flu" invaded her heart, Montreal-based newspaper The Gazette is reporting.

I think that is wrong. But if it proves your point I guess it's ok, huh?[/quote:2svbxaoj]

As low as it gets? C'mon now...he was showing how "stomach flu" does not necessarily only imply "tummy-ache" (as you seem to believe). Dehydration and fever is not something to mess around with.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
It was apparently reported as dehydration resulting in weight loss, not simply a "stomach-ache".

Dehydration that results in significant loss of body mass can be a) debilitating, resulting in low blood pressure, and dizziness to the degree that it is difficult to stand up without support, and can, if not reversed with fluids, be b) life-threatening.

The argument that Pouncey left because of only a stomach-ache is at best ill-informed. I can't imagine why, after the issue was clarified that the dehydration was severe enough to result in weight loss, some persist in saying he left only because of a "stomach ache". Clarification would be helpful here, I'm sure there must be a reasonable explanation for that.

:?: :?:

Dee Dub
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM

I think it's pretty clear from this thread that you are the one who was minimizing the stomach flu. I have continually pointed out that some of its symptoms can be life threatening. But you kept claiming Pouncey was out because he had a stomach ache and using eye-roll emoticons. But surprise, people do die from stomach flu and its complications.

You think it's ok to show sarcasm in regards to a little girls death?

Ok as I said I am through with this thread. We can talk in other threads other topics. Not this one.

It's amazing how if your opinion differs from others on this forum you get attacked or something like this happens.

I stand by my guns. I question Pouncey leaving the game for a flu. That's just me. We need not show sarcasm by using a little girls death.

Peace.

Doogie36
11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I bet Dee Dub never calls into work with a tummy ache! He's a Tough SOB! LOL

Let him question Pouncey guys! Who cares! We won the game!

i'll save my questions for an actual loss!!!!!! Last time I checked we only have 1 the last 2 months of football!!!!!!!!!! For all the negative type of fans they have to find something to complain about!!!!!!!!! It's been a slow 2 months for the negative fan!

I'll play along with negative!!!!! I question why Moore fumbled, Why Wallace dropped a few passes, why the pass rush looked flat!!!! Were they all sick too? LOL

snarky
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Ok as I said I am through with this thread. We can talk in other threads other topics. Not this one.

It's amazing how if your opinion differs from others on this forum you get attacked or something like this happens.

I stand by my guns. I question Pouncey leaving the game for a flu. That's just me. We need not show sarcasm by using a little girls death.

Peace.

Calling BS on this. It was stated multiple times in this thread that stomach flu symptoms can be very severe and even life-threatening and you continued to characterize Pouncey's condition as a 'tummy-ache'. You were also asked many times what his specific symptoms were and you never answered -- choosing instead to deflect.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you also lied about what people were saying.

Essentially, you refused to engage in any sort of informed discussion. So pardon me for stooping to your level.

Either way, if this gives you the out you need to stop prolonging this ridiculous (in the true sense of the word) thread, I'm down.

feltdizz
11-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Peace.

you need prayer dude...

if anyone says a thing about Ben that have to look to Jesus for forgiveness and look inside themselves....

I can't believe you are using pregame tunnel film and NBC reports of the flu as your proof. I have to question your sanity Dub.... you get all bent out of shape over a flu report but as soon as someone points out what a stomach flu can do to a person you want to close the thread.

Sounds like you were hell bent on flaming on Pouncey and now that people have called you out you want to run and hide.

brothervad
12-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Having a virus wipe you out does not determine your toughness or lack thereof. There have been many tough men throughout the ages who have died from a virus.

The point is that even when feeling like crap it's amazing what adrenaline can do.

For a short period of time.

There is no doubt in my mind that Pouncey is an extremely tough dude.

He was running on fumes...if anything I commend him for going out there and trying to be a team player.

I will defer to someone like Shawn, who is a doctor but in my uneducated opinion what he did was what a team player does, and fits in the Steeler mold.

brothervad

brothervad

BradshawsHairdresser
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Right now my back is killing me, I have a terrible headache, and even a slight fever, but I'm not letting that keep me from posting on this board.

How many of you pansy a$$es can truly say that? :lol:

BigRob
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
"Multiple sources are reporting Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey will practice on a limited basis today, as he recovers from an illness that caused him to lose 12 pounds."

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ti-bengals (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/12/1/2603194/pittsburgh-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-illness-status-week-13-cincinnati-bengals)

Say what you want, but the man had to be unable to stand if he was sick enough to lose 12 pounds that quickly.

pittpete
12-01-2011, 02:43 PM
as he recovers from an illness that caused him to lose 12 pounds.

What a wuss, Insanesteelersfan once told me he lost 12 pounds in an hour with one of his super duper workout routines.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Why did Webby and Dirt retire? Because they were wusses that chose old age over their teammates. Sounds eerily Pouncey like to me.

NJ-STEELER
12-01-2011, 11:57 PM

and true dehydration is likely to put you in the emergency room, your organs start to malfunction

BradshawsHairdresser
12-02-2011, 01:10 AM

and true dehydration is likely to put you in the emergency room, your organs start to malfunction

Only a real wuss would let that keep him out of a game. :lol: I hear Mike Webster once played a game with his organs malfunctioning so badly that he was turning blue and could barely stand up.

feltdizz
12-02-2011, 09:27 AM
"Multiple sources are reporting Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey will practice on a limited basis today, as he recovers from an illness that caused him to lose 12 pounds."

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ti-bengals (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/12/1/2603194/pittsburgh-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-illness-status-week-13-cincinnati-bengals)

Say what you want, but the man had to be unable to stand if he was sick enough to lose 12 pounds that quickly.

12 pounds? I take dumps that weigh more... Pouncey is a wussy! :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM

12 pounds? I take dumps that weigh more... Pouncey is a wussy! :wink:

Webster routinely took dumps that weighed 20 pounds or more.

hawaiiansteel
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Pouncey is playing awesome so far in this game, I sure am glad we don't have to suffer with the likes of Sean Mahan anymore!

pfelix73
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Legs is having a good game this far too.....

:tt1