PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 12 @ Chiefs

redundantman
11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
1. It wouldn’t be a Thoughts thread for a Sunday Night Football game without me complaining about that stupid Faith Hill song. Hey Faith,

http://poorlydressed.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fashion-fail-sexism-meets-cinema.jpg

2. Tyler Palko? Ryan Succop … The bullies in Kansas City must have laryngitis from the incessant taunting they have had to deliver with these guys around.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tyler+Palko+Oakland+Raiders+v+Pittsburgh+Steelers+ DVEczQWUp01l.jpg

3. Is there any longer week than an off week in the NFL?

4. So yet again we are left to either cherish an ugly win, or give in to our base instincts and criticize this team to the fullest extent of our intellect.

http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/Yeah-the-future-is-pretty-stupid.jpg
Which shouldn’t take too long …

5. I mean seriously, rant and rave all you want, God knows I want to join you. This was TERRIBLE football. Do the Chiefs have a decent defense? Yes. Were the Chiefs quarterbacked by Tyler freaking Palko? Yes. In my opinion, that’s not even a wash. Palko is awful. My God, didn’t he turn the ball over on three consecutive plays ... utilizing two different methods (fumble and interception)? His own home crowd was booing him with 9 minutes to go in the first half, for pity's sake! Even the ecumenical community has weighed in publicly on the Chiefs:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/sandchix/boltgirl/chiefssuck.jpg
And how …

6. But keep in mind, as everyone’s favorite color commentator, Chris Collinsworth, so eloquently quipped: the Steelers have to win this game to keep pace with the Ravens who already own the tiebreaker. Like I’ve been pointing out, when you have to win to keep pace with the RAVENS … yeah, your season is already over.

7. Those Southwest commercials annoy me.

8. 2nd play of the game the Steelers offense is flagged for 12 men in the huddle. The defense is later flagged for having 12 men on the field. I have a suggestion:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/redundantman/TheCount.jpg

9. There was a couple of confusing plays in this game that I thought needed some explanation. You see, when a QB really, really sucks they will occasionally throw the ball to the Steelers defenders rather than their own receivers. When the defender catches the ball, this is called an “interception”. It’s been a while since we’ve seen such a thing so I wanted to help clear things up. I noticed that Ben also wanted to help by throwing some “interceptions” of his own.

10. So many fails in this game, so many things to complain about … I am having trouble organizing my thoughts … how about that 1st and goal that the Steelers could not convert?

11. 2 first downs on penalties and Wesley Saunders catches one at the back of the end zone.

12. Michaels thinks a broken right thumb is nothing for Ben. He is probably right. When the elite QBs are mentioned, Ben is generally thought of as the toughest of the bunch.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6895/1winner.jpg

13. This is a test of the Tim Tebow Network. In keeping with the NFL’s propaganda policy I must now take a moment and mention Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow plays quarterback for the Broncos.

We will now resume our regularly scheduled inanity.

14. That Steelers possession at the half was poopy. Dang this game sucked! 3 turnovers and the Steelers were winning by 4 at the half?!

15. Heath Miller dropped more passes last night than he has in any single season.

16. Bob Costas did a commentary piece during halftime in which he criticized the ubiquitous “buffoonery” that now punctuates every play in the NFL. It was spot-on and entirely too dignified a response. For his excellent commentary, Bob wins the following prize:

http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/one-free-794606.jpg

17. I had faith. The Steelers would make halftime adjustments, they would come out, get the ball, drive the field for a TD and take the wind out of the Chiefs sails. Things were going according to plan until the Steelers entered Chiefs territory and Ben threw that stupid “interception” (you remember what that was kids?).

18. <random outburst>2nd and 26?! WTF is wrong with these guys? Sloppy, penalty-ridden, unable to take advantage of turnovers. </random outburst>

19. The Steelers get that 2nd and 26 down to a 4th and 4 … Ben rushes the team to the line to try to get KC to jump offsides. You can always tell Ben is faking when he does that weird thing with his hands where it looks like he is “low waving” to the receivers. Ben is a terrible actor.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wkAalAgytyw/TkBoZu7xfzI/AAAAAAAAADU/SZ24jPW6e8s/s320/steven-seagal-7%255B1%255D.jpg
What a terrible actor might look like.

20. In the second half I was so bored I was reading the Wiki entry for Star Blazers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Blazers) and reading up on the “Ride that spicy chicken” girl.

[youtube:d5dtr4f1]MOY5YY_sr30[/youtube:d5dtr4f1]
Skylar Vallo, FTW!

21. The deep ball wasn’t there last night … and if it was there was a holding call.

22. Steelers have a terrible 3 and out and attempt to punt … the Chiefs draw a “running into kicker” penalty …. God this game sucked.

23. Turbo Pig nailed it in the game thread on Steeler Nation:

“Jesus [FILTH]ing Christmas. someone tell BA there is more than HR and Bunt. What a POFS”.

24. The suckitude is all a blur this fine Monday morning but as I recall, at the end of the game the Chiefs had the ball and I had resigned myself to watching Palko drive the length of the field for the go ahead score. On 3rd and 2 the running back (Battle?) trips over himself or the Chiefs would STILL be driving … God this game sucked.

25. Oh yeah, gotta mention the penalties … there wasn’t a single aspect of the game that wasn’t affected by the Steelers lack of discipline.

26. Why didn’t he go for it on 4 and 2?

27. Perspective: I’d be quick to call this team “one and done” IF they make it to the playoffs but for the fact that every team in the AFC playoff hunt appears to have a fairly blatant weakness. I think it is obvious that if this team can get healthy they can go far. But I also think it is obvious that this team will not be healthy any time soon and so in the best case scenario we will be forced to hold out breath as the Steelers face the Texans third string QB in the playoffs.

I hang my hat on the fact that this team hasn’t gotten many breaks this season and that being the case there is a tremendous amount of football karma building up at just the right time. Peaking at the right time is much better than blowing out a helpless Chiefs team and ultimately leads to better things.

phillyesq
11-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Good stuff as always.

Chadman
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
27. Perspective: I’d be quick to call this team “one and done” IF they make it to the playoffs but for the fact that every team in the AFC playoff hunt appears to have a fairly blatant weakness. I think it is obvious that if this team can get healthy they can go far. But I also think it is obvious that this team will not be healthy any time soon and so in the best case scenario we will be forced to hold out breath as the Steelers face the Texans third string QB in the playoffs.

Was actually going to mention just this point...name a team not called Packers that is playing championship football.

You won't be able to answer, because every team has shown the ability to lose at any moment.

The Steelers are obviously not playing as well as they can- but they are certainly not the Lone Ranger in this department.

If the Steelers happen to go on & win the SB- we'll remember it as the year we sucked so bad but managed to find a way to win it all. Of course, it won't change the bragging rights. Winning ugly is winning. The Steelers are getting very good at it.

:D

Keyplay1
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Good stuff as always.

:Agree

BTW: How can we get someone to reset the clock. I figured there will be a lot of readers on this post. So maybe someone knows someone who can get someone to set the clock.

brothervad
11-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Great stuff as always...

R-man

may I call you R-man?

I have often thought about posting my observations here every now and then, but you have set the bar so freakin high...I would be wasting anyone's time that would read it.

I even had my wife read your suggestion on getting The Count and she cracked up.

Stop making me look bad in front of my wife!!!!!!!

:P

brothervad

redundantman
11-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Good stuff as always.
Hey thank you! Consistency is important.

redundantman
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Was actually going to mention just this point...name a team not called Packers that is playing championship football.

You won't be able to answer, because every team has shown the ability to lose at any moment.

The Steelers are obviously not playing as well as they can- but they are certainly not the Lone Ranger in this department.

If the Steelers happen to go on & win the SB- we'll remember it as the year we sucked so bad but managed to find a way to win it all. Of course, it won't change the bragging rights. Winning ugly is winning. The Steelers are getting very good at it.

And if you buy in to my "karma" argument the scales are stacking in the Steelers favor and are stacking against the Packers.

Look, if we've learned nothing from the Steelers over the past however many years we've learned that in every season they MUST play a terrible game here and there. They might as well get them over with now as opposed to in January or February.

redundantman
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Good stuff as always.

BTW: How can we get someone to reset the clock. I figured there will be a lot of readers on this post. So maybe someone knows someone who can get someone to set the clock.
What do you mean by "reset the clock"? What clock? You lost me.

redundantman
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Great stuff as always...

R-man

may I call you R-man?

Certainly. It is nicer than some of the other horrible things I've been called. But you know, when people are calling me names and accusing me of all sorts of horrible and aberrant behaviors involving barnyard animals and the like, I just tell them, "Look mom, I am doing the best I can!"

... and then she throws beer cans at me .... and they are sadly empty ...

What was I talking about?

I have often thought about posting my observations here every now and then, but you have set the bar so freakin high...I would be wasting anyone's time that would read it.

I disagree. Find something you love to do and do it. If you suck at it you can only get better. Some of the guys on this board know me from my time on the old SteelersLive board. They can attest to the fact that I've come to this format and schtick via a circuitous route. You gotta develop your schtick you know?

I even had my wife read your suggestion on getting The Count and she cracked up.

Stop making me look bad in front of my wife!!!!!!!

:P

brothervad
I thought the Count was rather clever so thank you. You and your wife are too kind.

skyhawk
11-29-2011, 10:56 PM

I think the Steelers were like that in 2005. In 2008. And possibly last year. How in the frick does this team get to the SB in 3 of the past 7 years?? :HeadBanger

skyhawk
11-29-2011, 10:57 PM
And btw, Beaker, still good stuff, even though it was like Negative Nelly there. :lol: :tt2

Discipline of Steel
11-30-2011, 07:47 AM

And if you buy in to my "karma" argument the scales are stacking in the Steelers favor and are stacking against the Packers.

Look, if we've learned nothing from the Steelers over the past however many years we've learned that in every season they MUST play a terrible game here and there. They might as well get them over with now as opposed to in January or February.

You might as well mention that the Ravens are losing the karma battle as well. Seems like they are getting all the calls this year. (and all the no-calls)

Keyplay1
11-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Good stuff as always.

What do you mean by "reset the clock"? What clock? You lost me.

Right now it is 7:24 EST. When I submit this it will say 8:30 or later. It is not the right time. It may be I just never noticed this before. But since there are some posters on here that I notice come on at certain times and I never can catch them because I was looking at when they replied and then noticed the discrepancy in the times.

It might seem like a minor thing but I thought I would mention it anyway. Yeah, it's 8:or9:30 for someone who is out on a boat in the Atlantic Ocean now---just not in Pittsburgh.

ramblinjim
11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Good stuff as always Redundant Man!

BradshawsHairdresser
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Right now it is 7:24 EST. When I submit this it will say 8:30 or later. It is not the right time.

From where I'm reading, the time on your post said 7:32. Something strange is going on here...

Since it's clock management, I say let's blame it on Tomlin... :D

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Right now it is 7:24 EST. When I submit this it will say 8:30 or later. It is not the right time.

From where I'm reading, the time on your post said 7:32. Something strange is going on here...

In your User Control Panel, under Board Preferences, you can set your time zone and whether or not daylight savings time is in effect.

Keyplay1
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Are you in the Central Time Zone?

Okay, I caught on. It simply is only one hour ahead of the time where I am at. I suppose this simple adjustment can be made. What threw me off was I started a post about 9:45 and by the time I submitted it the time went past 10:00 and when I saw the 11 something time on the reply it confused me.

I am by no means an expert on clock and/or time management. Although I think even at this elementary level I am one up on the Steelers who have proved time and again they are not so good at this either. :D :D

Now when I see a reply time I will know that it was posted an hour earlier and will adjust accordingly. Incidentally, your post was at 10:12 am. I wish I had come on here a couple hours ago. Then I would have been replying to your post before you had written it. Not an easy thing to do---but, of course this happens quite often. :) :)

Keyplay1
11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I didn't see RuthlessBurgher's reply when I posted.

My comp has automatically adjusted from daylight savings time. Nothing I can do would affect what time posts are logged in on the board. Like I said, it's a minor thing, but it would be nice if the board was adjusted from daylight saving time. You are also in the Eastern Time Zone and I'm sure yours posts are also always an hour ahead too.

fordfixer
11-30-2011, 07:59 PM

Are you in the Central Time Zone?

Okay, I caught on. It simply is only one hour ahead of the time where I am at. I suppose this simple adjustment can be made. What threw me off was I started a post about 9:45 and by the time I submitted it the time went past 10:00 and when I saw the 11 something time on the reply it confused me.

I am by no means an expert on clock and/or time management. Although I think even at this elementary level I am one up on the Steelers who have proved time and again they are not so good at this either. :D :D

Now when I see a reply time I will know that it was posted an hour earlier and will adjust accordingly. Incidentally, your post was at 10:12 am. I wish I had come on here a couple hours ago. Then I would have been replying to your post before you had written it. Not an easy thing to do---but, of course this happens quite often. :) :)

Ouch that gave me a headache :lol:

Keyplay1
12-01-2011, 03:13 AM
fordfixer said "Ouch that gave me a headache :lol:"

Was it the bit about replying to the post before it was written? Or maybe the sneaky references to Steeler clock management which certainly has been the subject of many many threads for a number of years?

But seriously, I want to apologize for diverting attention from the thread. As one poster said he would like to try something like this but redundantman has set the bar too high.

Actually I have been reading these posts since I think as far back as 2004. Hey redundantman when did you start doing these threads?