PDA

View Full Version : Time to Use Troy Differently?

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 12:39 AM
He sure doesn't do us much good when he has to leave the game in the first quarter.

skyhawk
11-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Yep. It's a double edged sword.

He needs to not be so reckless and lead with his head. Still, that was kinda a freak injury.

He is so damn good. Too bad.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 12:57 AM
LeBeau needs to tweak his defense. We can no longer rely on Troy being in there.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
i doubt he plays out this new deal.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 01:03 AM
i doubt he plays out this new deal.

Agreed. Too much rough mileage on that long-haired body.

williar
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Certainly would help if he didn't use his head to tackle so much....Troy plays out of control and teams are starting to use that against him. Just let him dive up the field and run right by him. That's what happens when you stick your arm out and use your head to tackle.

SidSmythe
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Make him a Free Safety and use him like the Ravens use Ed Reed

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
He sure doesn't do us much good when he has to leave the game in the first quarter.

His injury last night has nothing to do with the way the Steelers use him. It is the fact that he often leads with his head. He has been this way all his life.

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM

His injury last night has nothing to do with the way the Steelers use him. It is the fact that he often leads with his head. He has been this way all his life.
absolutely true. and it's the one thing that I dislike about Troy. I would like to see them use him a little differently due to the fact that clark isn't a great cover guy. mix it up just a little.

feltdizz
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM
We had 4 INT's without Troy last night...

Troy was running wild and he got his bell rung on a tackle. It's football... it happens.

Dee Dub
11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
So let me get this straight? Playing Troy at a different position is going to change the way he tackles?

Ok.

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
So let me get this straight? Playing Troy at a different position is going to change the way he tackles?

Ok.
No, but having him play more coverage will limit his tendency to tackle 240 pound running backs with his head, considering, you know, that he'd be more than 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Think about this... Ryan Clark may be our hardest hitter in the secondary but he can't cover so why not put him up near the line of scrimmage where he can bang heads with these backs and put Troy back in coverage more where he can use his instincts and ball skills to make plays. Mix it up a little bit.
If you're talking to me, I never suggested that having him cover more would cause him to stop using his head. I just said that the one thing I hate about Troy is that he tackles with his head.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Ok.
No, but having him play more coverage will limit his tendency to tackle 240 pound running backs with his head, considering, you know, that he'd be more than 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Think about this... Ryan Clark may be our hardest hitter in the secondary but he can't cover so why not put him up near the line of scrimmage where he can bang heads with these backs and put Troy back in coverage more where he can use his instincts and ball skills to make plays. Mix it up a little bit.
If you're talking to me, I never suggested that having him cover more would cause him to stop using his head. I just said that the one thing I hate about Troy is that he tackles with his head.

$$$$
Troy could knock himself out on any play, but when he's so often playing up on the line of scrimmage? Seems it would have to hike the odds of it happening.

We shelled out way to much $$$ for this guy to have him standing on the sidelines.

flippy
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Maybe Rooney can convince Goodell to fine Troy for knocking himself out.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Shhhh....I don't want Goodell hearing this--don't think it would take much to "convince" him... :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
11-28-2011, 10:43 PM

..but he might suspend him too for being a repeat offender