PDA

View Full Version : That folks was a BA/Tomlin SPECIAL

pittpete
11-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Sorry, couldnt beat the man coverage and almost every run was predictable.
Yeah Wallace dropped a TD, happens when you act like a moron pregame.
Oh, the 2 reverses by Brown were genius.
Sorry Mike, your boys were not ready tonight.
Bad penalties,no huddle was non existant.
Absolutely scared clueless look on the sidelines.
Timeout b4 the punt was brilliance.
Tried to let KC win guys, but they sucked more than us tonight.
Im still fn shaking :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x

Slapstick
11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
It was an AFC road win on Sunday night...

I'm good with it...

pittpete
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
And the glass is hal full right? :lol:

Slapstick
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Instead of half-full, I look at it more like 8-3...

grotonsteel
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Sorry, couldnt beat the man coverage and almost every run was predictable.
Yeah Wallace dropped a TD, happens when you act like a moron pregame.
Oh, the 2 reverses by Brown were genius.
Sorry Mike, your boys were not ready tonight.
Bad penalties,no huddle was non existant.
Absolutely scared clueless look on the sidelines.
Timeout b4 the punt was brilliance.
Tried to let KC win guys, but they sucked more than us tonight.
Im still fn shaking :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x

Most NFL teams have struggled to win the game after a bye week this season. Atleast Steelers won. I will take the win. :tt2 :tt2

Lebsteel
11-28-2011, 12:47 AM
The Steelers looked pathetic...penalties, dropped passes, fumbles on the goal line...we deserved to lose. I hope this makes them focus this week for the bungals. They have to play MUCH better next week. Lets hope troy, pouncey and woodley are ready.

Iron Shiek
11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I've been of the mindset all night that its a road game at a tough place to play (i don't care if half the chiefs lineup is on I.R.). So I'm glad its a division win on the road.

But you have to think they coulda been a little more prepared coming out of a bye week. But it appears that was the gameplan. Just get the lead and protect it. That is what you do on the road.

We took our shots deep and they didn't pay off. Can't connect on all of them. I just think people are going a little overboard on how bad "we suck", or "ben sucks", or our "defense sucks".

It'll be a different game plan for different teams, although i don't like the turtle ball at the end. But other than that, I'm fine with the play. We were missing a lot of key players too.

chiken
11-28-2011, 12:51 AM
This game didn't have nothing to do with BA..
Dropped pass after Drop pass (Wallace, Brown, Miller) and that fumble was just ridiculous. Zero running game..
Lucky to get out of here with a win, but its a road game across country - we'll take it.

snarky
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah, classic trap game. Teams have struggled coming out of the bye week due to the new CBA. Road game against a team fighting to stay in contention for a playoff spot Ugly but serviceable win.

skyhawk
11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Instead of half-full, I look at it more like 8-3...

The glass is leaking....

Iron Shiek
11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
This game didn't have nothing to do with BA..
Dropped pass after Drop pass (Wallace, Brown, Miller) and that fumble was just ridiculous. Zero running game..
Lucky to get out of here with a win, but its a road game across country - we'll take it.

Many people feel we should be flawless on every drive. It just doesn't work that way. There's a reason home teams receive points when vegas sets lines, because teams just don't execute the same way they do on the road all the time. Some teams can overcome that, but the steelers have never seemed to take advantage of some favorable plays when on the road. Yet they still win, so, ugly or not, we win. Watch the tape. Try to fix things.

Learning experience. Plus a lot of backups were getting some time on field, that'll be crucial.

Steel Life
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Though our young WRs did have a bad night, I'll still lay this one at BA's feet - too much cute playcalling, no adjustments in either protection or routes & where was Redman?!?

feltdizz
11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Though our young WRs did have a bad night, I'll still lay this one at BA's feet - too much cute playcalling, no adjustments in either protection or routes & where was Redman?!?

The only thing I'll lay at BA's feet is the lack of touches by Redman...

Wallace had about 3 drops... Moore had a fumble... Ben was so-so tonight.

I don't think we were cute.. just sloppy.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Once again, we were moving the ball with short quick passes from the gun, negating the pass rush, only to move away from what works and then running the ball and attempting to throw deep into coverage.

KEEP WITH THE SHORT STUFF & WE WILL SMOKE TEAMS. MOVE THE BALL METHODICALLY TAKING WHAT IS THERE, DON'T FORCE THE LONG BALL!!!!!

WindyCitySteel
11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
It was an AFC road win on Sunday night...

I'm good with it...

Everyone is good with the W. I doubt few are satisfied with how the Steelers played.

fezziwig
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
It was a sloppy performance after a bye week and I believe the players thought this would be an easy win because they were not ready for this game.
As much as Arian deserves bashing the players too need to be called out for their drops, running wrong routes and the o-line getting owned.
Arians play calling at best was strange and once again, Arian keeps trying to fool the other team by not going or continuing with what works. I only hope we have talent on offense once Arian does retire just to prove some of you this guy doesn't know how to handle the talent he has on this team.

Max had a bad time of it, Foster stinks, Legs is a better backup center than he is as a starter at the guard position.

The defense had better snatched up their last interception because the Chiefs would have scored on that tired bunch.

Glad they won but I don't see us winning the rest of the regular season games this year if this is what they have to offer.

NorCal-Steeler
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM
win and your in, thats all that matters. We just need to get healthy before playoffs.

fezziwig
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Winning is nice but that doesn't mean your ready for the next step. The Steelers are far from being a contender in the thick of the playoffs. They just don't have it this year and stumbling into it doesn't help the team.

The defense gets it's share of blame too when they allow the Ravens to march 92 yards on them for a score. Given a QB last night one ounce better than the KC quarterback and the Steelers would have lost.

BA and that unorganized circus act he keeps putting out there is a joke.
Tomlin is much to blame because he allows this guy to be subpar with all the weapons this team has.

Sugar
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Winning is nice but that doesn't mean your ready for the next step. The Steelers are far from being a contender in the thick of the playoffs. They just don't have it this year and stumbling into it doesn't help the team.

They didn't have it in 2005 either before the Bears game. I remember telling all my colleagues that would be surprised if the Steelers even made the playoffs that year- they just weren't playing good ball.

I'm not saying that 2005 is going to happen again, btw, just that you can't always tell this time of year.

fezziwig
11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
was that the season we lost twice to the bengals ? i too have given the same thought or try to look at the positive but, our defense back then was loads better than this bunch.

bostonsteeler
11-28-2011, 10:32 PM
If Wallace had caught the long pass that fell in his hands, or the TD, nobody would be whining about BA today.

We had a decent game going. But the players repeatedly messed up.

The int by Ben was as blockheaded as can be.

Which of the dropped passes, poor throws and just plain player stupidity do you blame on BA.

The only thing we can blame him for is not adjusting to his players' failures. But when *all* of them are failing, what does he switch to?

BURGH86STEEL
11-28-2011, 11:03 PM
If Wallace had caught the long pass that fell in his hands, or the TD, nobody would be whining about BA today.

We had a decent game going. But the players repeatedly messed up.

The int by Ben was as blockheaded as can be.

Which of the dropped passes, poor throws and just plain player stupidity do you blame on BA.

The only thing we can blame him for is not adjusting to his players' failures. But when *all* of them are failing, what does he switch to?

Some people don't seem understand what you stated. They expect the coaches to work miracles when the players don't execute or make mistakes on the field. Some people rather blame the coaches as opposed to placing their focus on the players. What I don't understand is how some fans knew the players didn't execute but stated the game plan was poor? Poor execution and player mistakes have a way of making a game plan look bad. The coaches provided the players with opportunities to make plays. The players failed the coaches.

In any event, I am glad they were able to get the W. I enjoy all the wins the same whether they win by 1 or 21.

NorthCoast
11-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Once again, we were moving the ball with short quick passes from the gun, negating the pass rush, only to move away from what works and then running the ball and attempting to throw deep into coverage.

KEEP WITH THE SHORT STUFF & WE WILL SMOKE TEAMS. MOVE THE BALL METHODICALLY TAKING WHAT IS THERE, DON'T FORCE THE LONG BALL!!!!!

Yea, Ben clearly lost patience with the dink and dunk. His INT was just a poor poor decision, thought he could look the safety off but it didn't happen.
Look, I am as big a BA hater as anyone, but I have a hard time with big hate for last night's game. The only lame playcalling was the run-run-punts to turtle up the game at the end. We just don't have the ability to make first downs in those situations by running.
And where in the *&#(*&#@ is the pass to the RB in the flat??? If Mendy is the complete back everyone is saying, why arent there more design passes to the RB to slow down the rush? I am afraid this O is sliding back to old predictable playcalling and formations and teams have already seen enough tape on this to know what's coming.

Steelers>NFL
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Yea, Ben clearly lost patience with the dink and dunk. His INT was just a poor poor decision, thought he could look the safety off but it didn't happen.
Look, I am as big a BA hater as anyone, but I have a hard time with big hate for last night's game. The only lame playcalling was the run-run-punts to turtle up the game at the end. We just don't have the ability to make first downs in those situations by running.
And where in the *&#(*&#@ is the pass to the RB in the flat??? If Mendy is the complete back everyone is saying, why arent there more design passes to the RB to slow down the rush? I am afraid this O is sliding back to old predictable playcalling and formations and teams have already seen enough tape on this to know what's coming.

Plus, letting the play clock run down to 2 seconds almost every dam play gets old. The defense know the Steelers do not mix up the snap against the clock. This might be all on Ben. Sometime I wonder just how smart he really is reading defense, given his style of play. Do something different. Get to the line and snap the facken ball. Mix it up. :HeadBanger

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 09:26 AM

They didn't have it in 2005 either before the Bears game. I remember telling all my colleagues that would be surprised if the Steelers even made the playoffs that year- they just weren't playing good ball.

I'm not saying that 2005 is going to happen again, btw, just that you can't always tell this time of year.

Ben missed four games and we lost two of them. He returned too soon and we got smoked at undefeated Indy. If Ben never gets hurt, we're 13-3 and that "magical" run doesn't seem so unlikely. That was a damn good team.

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 09:28 AM

When the downfield passing isn't working because it's cold, windy, and your QB has a broken thumb, how about using the tight end? The RB in the flat?

feltdizz
11-29-2011, 10:53 AM

When the downfield passing isn't working because it's cold, windy, and your QB has a broken thumb, how about using the tight end? The RB in the flat?

Every 2 years Ben has a "broken" thumb... it's fine and he is throwing the deep ball pretty damn deep and threading the needle.

Miller has the drops and Mendenhall is doing the icky shuffle to get on DWTS.

Did you see that pass in the flat in the red zone? That had TD all over it and somehow he found a way to get arm tackled.

pittpete
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Do some of you rah rah we are 8-3 fans actually watch the game?
Put down your beeers,turn up the volume and watch the game.
That was a pathetic offensive display we saw on Sunday.
When KC went man we did nothing to counter it.
There was no rhythm, not an ounce of consistency to the offense at all.
Unless you call run,run,pass being consistent
Wallace dropped a TD,big deal it happens.
Take that away, and the offense,which BA happens to coordinate was stagnant.
We cant put teams away this year.
We cant finish and nothing is changing.
2 WR screens to Hines Ward.Take your friggin head out your arse BA.
3rd and 5 and 4 receivers running 15-20 yard patterns.
Where was the PA?
It wasnt there.
Did we utilize Heath?
How many plays was BA's manlover David Johnson on the field?
Bunch formation to beat the man?
Announcers loved the sprint draw call, but we never saw it again.

Oh, I'd like to add "why was Sanders returning kicks after coming off knee surgery"?
Antonio Brown was 6th in the NFL in return yard avg.

KC absolutely sucks this year.
Tyler Palko is garbage, turned the ball over 4x and we almost lost the game because of the garbage offense.
On the road,primetime excuse is BS.
BA's time is over, its getting sickening.
Bring back the screens, the run game and the once dominant attitude we used to have.
Send the 3TE love formation,no FB,5 WR formation back to Cleveland.
Hope Ben keeps his mouth shut this year and lets this fool retire.

OK, I feel a little better now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 01:00 PM

No excuses are necessary...the Steelers won...

rockonsteel
11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Do some of you rah rah we are 8-3 fans actually watch the game?
Put down your beeers,turn up the volume and watch the game.
That was a pathetic offensive display we saw on Sunday.
When KC went man we did nothing to counter it.
There was no rhythm, not an ounce of consistency to the offense at all.
Unless you call run,run,pass being consistent
Wallace dropped a TD,big deal it happens.
Take that away, and the offense,which BA happens to coordinate was stagnant.
We cant put teams away this year.
We cant finish and nothing is changing.
2 WR screens to Hines Ward.Take your friggin head out your arse BA.
3rd and 5 and 4 receivers running 15-20 yard patterns.
Where was the PA?
It wasnt there.
Did we utilize Heath?
How many plays was BA's manlover David Johnson on the field?
Bunch formation to beat the man?
Announcers loved the sprint draw call, but we never saw it again.

Oh, I'd like to add "why was Sanders returning kicks after coming off knee surgery"?
Antonio Brown was 6th in the NFL in return yard avg.

KC absolutely sucks this year.
Tyler Palko is garbage, turned the ball over 4x and we almost lost the game because of the garbage offense.
BA's time is over, its getting sickening.
Bring back the screens, the run game and the once dominant attitude we used to have.
Send the 3TE love formation,no FB,5 WR formation back to Cleveland.
Hope Ben keeps his mouth shut this year and lets this fool retire.

OK, I feel a little better now :lol: :lol: :lol:

:Agree :Clap

Spot on!! Great rant!

Rockon

Sugar
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM

Ben missed four games and we lost two of them. He returned too soon and we got smoked at undefeated Indy. If Ben never gets hurt, we're 13-3 and that "magical" run doesn't seem so unlikely. That was a damn good team.

So, are you saying that you were convinced the Steelers were SB bound after being outplayed and outcoached and summarily crushed by Indy in primetime? The Bengals won the division that year, for pity's sake. Even with Ben, we hadn't been playing well. You can say that he came back too soon, but we couldn't have known the situation at the time, just as we can't know how things will play out now.

WindyCitySteel
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM

So, are you saying that you were convinced the Steelers were SB bound after being outplayed and outcoached and summarily crushed by Indy in primetime? The Bengals won the division that year, for pity's sake. Even with Ben, we hadn't been playing well. You can say that he came back too soon, but we couldn't have known the situation at the time, just as we can't know how things will play out now.

No, I'm saying that we're not even talking about this if Ben had never gotten hurt. Tommy Maddox threw away the Jax game. I think we win in Balt with Ben instead of Maddox. That makes us 8-1 heading to Indy on a roll without a rusty Ben.

Slapstick
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
No, I'm saying that we're not even talking about this if Ben had never gotten hurt. Tommy Maddox threw away the Jax game. I think we win in Balt with Ben instead of Maddox. That makes us 8-1 heading to Indy on a roll without a rusty Ben.

And if Wallace makes two more catches on Sunday, the game probably becomes a blowout...

But, it all happened the way it did...conjecture may be fun, but it means nothing...

fezziwig
11-29-2011, 08:01 PM
I think if the Patriots didn't cheat we would own more Super Bowl rings.