PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for it

Starlifter
11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
With 4 downs, Tyler palko is going to look like Tom Brady. This is disgusting

But sadly predictable.

SteelStallion
11-28-2011, 12:15 AM
If it happens, I'll still blame the offense. The D played well enough to win. The offense has no ability to control a game because of the guard play.

Starlifter
11-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Wow. How unsatisfying. I agree. This is on the offense. Still, with what we do on defense these days if a team only needs one score to win and has the ball at then end - we got big trouble.

Shoe
11-28-2011, 12:30 AM
If it happens, I'll still blame the offense. The D played well enough to win. The offense has no ability to control a game because of the guard play.

Don't give the defense a total pass, even though I agree the offense was more to blame today.

Run defense is not stout, or anything near it TBH. Guys gets stuck to blocks (and I'm talking linemen), no penetration, speed is very ordinary. Holes were there. I'm very concerned about Harrison/Woodley. Harrison may be done, Woodley is good (not Suggs/Hali good; but good), but he needs others too. If Harrison's performance tonight is an indication, that's NOT good news. Because he has been a real impact player for us obviously, in the lats few years. And he's nowhere near that if today's an indication.

Farrior is slow. Timmons is good enough, but certainly doesn't make the big-plays needed. Polamalu has another concussion. I'm not saying it's over, but this was a telling game.

winwithd
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I had no confidence that this defense was going to stop the Chefs on that last drive. I was thinking, 'just imagine how upset fans will be, its one thing to give up 92 yards to Flaccid and the Rats but letting Palko and an offense that hasnt scored a TD in like 40 drives go 70 yards is really bad.'

At least we finally got some turnovers, 4. And we needed every one.

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Steelers survive because of Palko’s four turnovers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 27, 2011

It’s a good thing the Steelers were playing against Tyler Palko on Sunday night.

In a game that only included one touchdown and a fantastic effort by the Chiefs defense, Pittsburgh held on to win in Arrowhead 13-9 Sunday night.

Palko had the Chiefs driving late in the game before getting picked off for a third time. He also lost a fumble.

On the final Chiefs play, Dwayne Bowe raised his hand to tell Palko to throw it deep. Palko threw it deep, Bowe let up a bit, and oddly didn’t even attempt to catch the ball with Steelers defenders approaching. He seemed to withdraw before he could even get alligator arms.

That play will get a lot of attention, but it was a longshot that the Chiefs would have scored a touchdown anyhow. This was not the Steelers’ best effort, but you can’t fault a defense that forces four turnovers and only allows nine points.

The Chiefs defense was pretty spectacular too. They only allowed 57 yards on the ground to Rashard Mendenhall. Ben Roethlisberger threw for only 6.2 yards-per-attempt.

For the Steelers, this was a “get by” type of win. They had a similar victory on Sunday Night Football against the Colts on the road earlier this season. Unlike the Ravens, Pittsburgh has avoided any bad losses this season. The Steelers are still in the mix for the No. 1 seed in the AFC at 8-3.

This was a valiant try by Kansas City, but ultimately it ended any faint playoff hopes they had left. They have lost four straight games to go to 4-7 and fall three games behind the Raiders.

Palko probably won’t get another chance to start for the Chiefs with Kyle Orton in town. We doubt Bowe will wind up back with the Chiefs next year because of plays like the one that ended Sunday night’s game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... turnovers/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/steelers-survive-because-of-palkos-four-turnovers/)