PDA

View Full Version : Worst OGs in NFL?

SteelStallion
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
I say yes. This is maybe the best skilled position in football yet cannot score and is horrid in the redzone. And it's on the guards. I'd like to see them draft OG in firsth round. Two would better. They do that, they can contend next year. Otherwise it's another year of offense losing games.

Steelhere10
11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Yep , pathetic.

WindyCitySteel
11-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Yes. That, and the retard at OC are a lethal combination.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 12:28 AM
foster has been solid this year.

cant have pro-bowlers at every position.

TD386Steel
11-28-2011, 12:36 AM
I dont understand why Gilbert isnt starting RG OR LG and Scott isnt starting at RT which is supposed to be his natural position. In my opinion its a better starting line.

Steel Life
11-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Foster is below average at best & with Kemo back in the line-up this offense went nowhere.

Carl Nicks sure would look good in the B&G along with DeCastro...

pfelix73
11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Gilbert is gonna be the LT someday soon. Might as well get him the starting experience at Tackle now. Foster had a bad game, but glad to see Legs in there. I'd keep Kemo at LG and Legs at RG and bring Foster out. I don't know if I'd draft a OG in round 1, but it would be nice to see them maybe go after a decent FA at G. I'd like to see them draft a top notch CB in round 1. Been saying that for 3 years now.

Also still say, if you want to run with regularity, get a FB. Vonte Leach style.

:tt1

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
legs got abused early this year at RG. how quickly some forget.

foster is doing fine.

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I dont understand why Gilbert isnt starting RG OR LG and Scott isnt starting at RT which is supposed to be his natural position. In my opinion its a better starting line.
because Scott is terrible

birtikidis
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Gilbert is gonna be the LT someday soon. Might as well get him the starting experience at Tackle now. Foster had a bad game, but glad to see Legs in there. I'd keep Kemo at LG and Legs at RG and bring Foster out. I don't know if I'd draft a OG in round 1, but it would be nice to see them maybe go after a decent FA at G. I'd like to see them draft a top notch CB in round 1. Been saying that for 3 years now.

Also still say, if you want to run with regularity, get a FB. Vonte Leach style.

terrible idea. If anything I'd put Foster at LG and Kemo at Rg. Kemo is TERRIBLE in space. when the LT has to fan out to get a speed rusher Kemo is exposed and LOOKS HORRENDOUS. that's why Legs is the new LG. ideally I'd put Legs at LG and Kemo at RG. and then I'd draft a 1st round guard and get Kemo out of town

winwithd
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Imagine how ugly it might have been if J Scott was still in there instead of Starks.

Steelhere10
11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Scott, Kemo , Legs are some of the worst at their position. Foster is actually playing pretty good.

Lebsteel
11-28-2011, 12:52 AM

terrible idea. If anything I'd put Foster at LG and Kemo at Rg. Kemo is TERRIBLE in space. when the LT has to fan out to get a speed rusher Kemo is exposed and LOOKS HORRENDOUS. that's why Legs is the new LG. ideally I'd put Legs at LG and Kemo at RG. and then I'd draft a 1st round guard and get Kemo out of town
Yep :Agree

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Carl Nicks sure would look good in the B&G along with DeCastro...

:Agree :Agree :Agree

Chadman
11-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Personally, I'd put Colon in at RG & Foster over at LG...well, next year anyway...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Personally, I'd put Colon in at RG & Foster over at LG...well, next year anyway...

I'd send Colon and his big$$$ contract down the road.

WindyCitySteel
11-28-2011, 08:41 AM

I'd put Colon on the first train out of town before his next catastrophic injury leaves us short handed again. You can't count on him at this point. He's the offense's version of Aaron Smith, except he was never very good to start with.

Chadman
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Ok, you're probably right.

I'd still play him at RG though.

ikestops85
11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Speaking of worst OGs in the NFL ... I was watching the Bills game yesterday and they were talking about Keith Urbik who is now playing center for the Bills. They brought it up because one of his teammates was giving him a hard time calling him the fattest starting center. Evidently they looked it up and determined he was the fattest by about 35 lbs. :D

On a side note Urbik seemed to play pretty well in the game.

aggiebones
11-28-2011, 05:40 PM
"legs got abused early this year at RG. how quickly some forget.

foster is doing fine."

Actually no, Foster sucked last night.

I think we have about 7-8 OL, some of which are not good in certain situations. I think you'll see more shuttling around of these guys going forward. Against certain teams and schemes, maybe you'll see more of one or the other.
We do not have 5 OL that deserve starting spots.
Starks at LT for sure. Pouncey at center (despite DeeDub thinking he's soft)
Then you have a few guys that can put together a makeshift group.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
did I say he played well last night? Nobody on the OL played well. Foster was no worse than anyone else.

foster has performed reasonably well this year for a fraction of the cost of kemo.

I suggest you watch the games.