PDA

View Full Version : Could Ben's Thumb Be a Blessing in Disguise?

flippy
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
My first though about Ben's thumb is probably the same as all of yours - more ints and more fumbles.

But since it's probably hardest to handoff, could it mean we'll start to go to a faster passing attack? And scrap the run and use quick drops/strikes as an alternative to our running game that's relatively ineffective any way.

Maybe we turn this thing into a Tom Brady/NE offense afterall. And the long passes and hand offs are used sparingly since they could be taxing on the thumb.

RuthlessBurgher
11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Nah...your quarterback breaking the thumb on his throwing hand could not be considered to be a blessing in any way, shape, or form, in my opinion.

Discipline of Steel
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Nah...your quarterback breaking the thumb on his throwing hand could not be considered to be a blessing in any way, shape, or form, in my opinion.

...and i dont want Pittsburgh to become NE in any way, shape, or form.

skyhawk
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder if Ben's "broken" thumb is not as bad and purported to be. Maybe its a slight fracture and Ben is really being his usual drama queeniness. :stirpot

WindyCitySteel
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't know if I want to turn into Tom Brady's fancy offense, which hasn't won a playoff game since the 2007 season.

unionsteeler
11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Well he sucks ....bench him until its heeled . Probab;ly sometime in 2015 with this puss, his foot is still broke from the 8th grade ! BEN IS A PUSS !