PDA

View Full Version : Harrison limited, expects to play vs. Chiefs

SteelCrazy
11-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Already expected to be without LaMarr Woodley for tomorrow’s game in Kansas City, the Pittsburgh Steelers have added All-Pro linebacker James Harrison to their injury report.

Harrison was a limited participant because of a back that underwent two surgeries this off season. Unlike Woodley, Harrison is listed as probable against the Chiefs and is expected to play.

Harrison missed four October games with a broken orbital bone but returned with three sacks and a forced fumble in a loss to Baltimore three weeks ago.

Woodley has missed the past two games with a hamstring injury and has been limited in practice all week. He’s officially listed as questionable for tomorrow.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE: Linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (calf, questionable).

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE: Wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring, questionable), linebacker James Harrison (back, probable), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring, questionable).

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE: Safety Troy Polamalu (ribs, probable), quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (right thumb, probable), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee, probable).

BradshawsHairdresser
11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Hope Harrison's back isn't going to hold him back like it did at the end of last season.

Everybody thinks this Chiefs game will be a cakewalk, but I'm not feeling that way...

JDSteeler
11-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Hope Harrison's back isn't going to hold him back like it did at the end of last season.

Everybody thinks this Chiefs game will be a cakewalk, but I'm not feeling that way...

You're right, it wont, the Steelers will make it close...

JD

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Already expected to be without LaMarr Woodley for tomorrow’s game in Kansas City, the Pittsburgh Steelers have added All-Pro linebacker James Harrison to their injury report.

Harrison was a limited participant because of a back that underwent two surgeries this off season. Unlike Woodley, Harrison is listed as probable against the Chiefs and is expected to play.

Harrison missed four October games with a broken orbital bone but returned with three sacks and a forced fumble in a loss to Baltimore three weeks ago.

Woodley has missed the past two games with a hamstring injury and has been limited in practice all week. He’s officially listed as questionable for tomorrow.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE: Linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (calf, questionable).

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE: Wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring, questionable), linebacker James Harrison (back, probable), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring, questionable).

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE: Safety Troy Polamalu (ribs, probable), quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (right thumb, probable), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee, probable).

Did Harrison reinjure himself, or is this just precautionary? The difference is huge ...

Also, has anyone heard/read anything else about Troy's ribs?

Shoe
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree. It's distressing to hear this kind of news. As a fan, you sort of assume (wrongly I suppose) that once a guy plays, the injury isn't an issue anymore. I hope it's more precautionary than anything else.

I also hope that Worilds is getting better, AND taking this as the opportunity that it is. He may not seize a job with us right now, but great players (and at least legitimate NFL players) don't let opportunities like this slip away. I only wish Chris Carter was also in position to challenge right now.

WindyCitySteel
11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Harrison is near the end of his short career. He's coming apart at the seams physically. Sad, because he's a dominant player when healthy and one of our best OLB ever. Maybe the best.

RuthlessBurgher
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Harrison is near the end of his short career. He's coming apart at the seams physically. Sad, because he's a dominant player when healthy and one of our best OLB ever. Maybe the best.

Coming apart at the seams physically? The back issue is really his first major injury issue (in his first 4 seasons since becoming a starter, he's started 16, 15, 16, and 16 games until this year). The eye socket thing was a complete fluke.

It's not as if this has been ongoing like Aaron Smith (or even as bad as Polamalu's injury history for that matter).

WindyCitySteel
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Once the back goes, it's over.

DukieBoy
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Once the back goes, it's over.

Or, the big toe, (sadly) as in Jack Lambert's case, and (hopefully) in RayRay's case.

Shoe
11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Harrison's a shell of himself at this point. I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a great Steeler and he always gives 100% of himself, but this Chief game--he's seemed tentative, and is not playing with his trademark fury.

And watching Hali (who is the best guy I've seen all year... maybe Suggs) all game by comparison, makes him seem even more inconspicuous.