PDA

View Full Version : Packers and the refs

SteelerNation1
11-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Is it me or do they get EVERY call?

birtikidis
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Some have been iffy, but Detroit is handing them this game.

SteelerNation1
11-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Every packer game I've watched this yr they have gotten every 50-50 call.

DukieBoy
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Their receivers push off alot. They have some big receivers and they are aggressive with their hands on the D-backs. They seem to get away with it alot. But then they pass a high percentage of plays. Meanwhile the D-backs can't hardly touch them. The Pack got a cheap one in the endzone today on their first TD drive.

Another NBA trend in the NFL, like rebounding put big guys in the paint and let them fight it out, except that one man can push and the other can't hardly lay on a hand.

pittpete
11-24-2011, 06:43 PM
How about the pick on the pass play in the endzone?
Heath Miller play vs. Bengakls was no where near as obvious.

Snatch98
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I couldn't believe the roughing the pass that was called on Vanden Bosch. It was a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE call but I'm guessing because it's Aaron Rodgers the flag was thrown.

DukieBoy
11-24-2011, 06:51 PM
How about the pick on the pass play in the endzone?
Heath Miller play vs. Bengakls was no where near as obvious.

Missed that one.
Apparently, so did the refs.

SteelAbility
11-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Their receivers are pushing off a lot. They aren't huge pushes, just enough to create advantage. The are also doing a good job of using their body to shield the ref's view.

SteelerNation1
11-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Impossible to stop that pick play. Can't be done.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
The pass interference which kept the first TD drive alive was a horrible call.

Jigawatts
11-24-2011, 10:34 PM
How bout Baltimore? Do they get more pass interference calls than anyone in the league or what?
:wft

DukieBoy
11-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Speaking of the refs,

THe Niners got jobbed twice in the 1st half on significant plays. They got a long TD pass to Ginn called back on the most tickytack cut block call, then had an INT called back on a ridiculous PI call on the player who just contested for the ball and pcked it. The results are a 10 point turnaround in favor of the Rats.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
that chop block call on the niners was pathetic considering what the rats got away with in week 1.

7 points right there.

winwithd
11-24-2011, 11:41 PM
I didn't see these two calls because I was in the car driving home and listening on the radio. But I did think upon hearing them that the stinking Rats are getting more calls than anyone. Three weeks in a row now the refs are giving them advantages with lousy calls. Cincy got screwed last week in the last five minutes by some lousy calls.

winwithd
11-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Someone recently posted some comments about the Rats getting their version of Mike Wallace in Torrey Smith and then there was discussion comparing the two. I don't ever remember Mike Wallace getting the benefit of so many ticky-tack PI calls like Smith does.

fordfixer
11-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Adventures in Officiating: Suh ejection doesn’t take McAulay’s crew off the hook

By Doug Farrar
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp12484 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adventures-in-Officiating-Suh-ejection-doesn-8?urn=nfl-wp12484)
Adventures in Officiating: Suh ejection doesn’t take McAulay’s crew off the hook

In the first of three Thanksgiving games, the Green Bay Packers' 27-15 win over the Detroit Lions at Ford Field, the biggest story of all may have been the officiating from Terry McAulay's crew. Packers head coach told Fox Sports' Pam Oliver at the half that he had scouted McAulay's games and knew that he threw a lot of flags, but that wasn't really the problem in this game.

The problem in this game was the inconsistent and haphazard way in which penalties were called. There were a total of 18 penalties — 11 on the Lions and seven on the Packers — and on at least half of those, there could be a solid argument against them.

Everyone's going to want to talk about Ndamukong Suh's ejection, but that was one of the few things this crew actually got half-right. And even on that play, the crew missed the fact that Suh was reacting to guard Evan Dietrich-Smith(notes) dragging him to the ground and mugging him there. Suh's reaction was totally uncalled for and he deserved to be booted from the game, but he wasn't the first player ejected in this contest, and the first guy had a much better argument.

With seconds left in the first half, Packers cornerback Pat Lee(notes) was thrown out of the game after throwing a punch in the vicinity of Detroit cornerback Aaron Berry(notes). But when you watch what Lee's dealing with before the punch — he's being mugged by two Lions players for several seconds — it's amazing that the officials didn't throw offsetting fouls at the very least. If you want to eject Lee for taking a swing, fair enough, but it wasn't as if Lee's anger was unwarranted. It was one example of McAulay's crew losing control of the situation, and the last guy to take a shot paid for it.

And in a more inexplicable example of allegedly "illegal" behavior, there's this hit from Lions defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch(notes) on Packers Aaron Rodgers(notes), also near the end of the second half. This roughing the passer call negated an offensive pass interference call on receiver Greg Jennings(notes) and gave the Packers the ball back at their own 37-yard line with 51 seconds left in the half.

Take a good look at the play, and tell us where YOU see anything remotely approaching roughing the passer. Vanden Bosch leaves the ground as Rodgers releases the ball, and as Troy Aikman points out, the hit wasn't even to Rodgers' head -- Vanden Bosch clearly tried to make it a clean hit by going under the neck.

Add in one really terrible missed pass interference call and an equally terrible makeup call on Detroit's Eric Wright(notes) soon after, and this is one of those games that will make some NFL fans wish that the grading process for officials was made public.

WindyCitySteel
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
I know fans of other teams who think we get all the calls. Sometimes we do. The officiating in general is inconsistent so depending on who you watch when, that teams looks to be getting favorable treatment.

NorthCoast
11-25-2011, 10:15 AM
This was one of the those brawling games that could have gotten out of control very quickly. There were calls and non-calls on both sides, but waaay too many flags to enjoy the game. This is one of those games where officials should have stood down and let the players duke it out. This was the way football was supposed to be played.
If the foul was not obvious, and there were plenty of those, then let them play through. I think you would have seen a different outcome.
BTW, Did anyone else notice the number of OL/DL players with their hands in the other guy's face? I think one Packer even got his helmet ripped off during one play.