PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust , Kemo benched..

Steelhere10
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Doug gets the start.. Due to performance.

SteelCrazy
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
http://pit.scout.com/2/1131940.html

PITTSBURGH – Because of injuries, the Steelers have used six different starting combinations on their offensive line this season.

They’ll use a seventh combination Sunday night in Kansas City, where Doug Legursky will replace Chris Kemoeatu at left guard. This time, injuries have nothing to do with the move.

Legursky will replace Kemoeatu – a starter the last four seasons – because of performance issues, according to two sources with the team.

Legursky, a third-year pro out of Marshall, opened the season as the team’s starting right guard and remained there three games until injuring his shoulder in the fourth quarter against the Indianapolis Colts.

Legursky missed the Houston game with the injury, but returned to replace an injured Kemoeatu for two games at left guard.

In the second start back, against Jacksonville, Legursky left in the second quarter after dislocating his big left toe and missed the next three games.

“I just planted my foot wrong and out it came,” said Legursky.

He returned as a backup at Cincinnati, and now returns to the lineup as a starter Sunday night.

Legursky had little to say about the move before heading out to the practice field.

“They’re still decision-making, as far as that’s concerned,” Legursky said.

But after hearing what sources in the locker room had to say, Legursky said, “Well, maybe I’m holding a little back from you.”

The 6-1, 315-pound Legursky made the Steelers’ practice squad as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played in eight games as a reserve in 2009 and then played in all 19 games in 2010, starting five of them, including the Super Bowl as Maurkice Pouncey’s replacement at center.

TallyStiller
11-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Is there any doubt left that this is Kemo's swan song in B & G? Cap issues, big $$ contract that he is woefully underperforming... no brainer.

jj28west
11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I never disliked a Steeler as much as this guy. He, like Fox, gets sellfish and will take a stupid penelty that has even cost the Steelers a game a couple years ago.

I am as bad as they get being a Steeler homer but the spearing he was doing in last years playoff game against the Ravens should have got him pulled. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt in that maybe someone did something to Ben not shown on TV.

Yes, when he pulls he could be a mauler but he has been dominated at times last year and this year.

flippy
11-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I've been a huge Bronko fan since day 1 and I'm glad he's finally beat out Kemo. I've always liked Legs best at C because he's quick and powerful and built to get quick leverage on the big interior linemen.

LG is the 2nd best spot for him because he's so quick. I think we may have a long term solution with this kid to the surprise of many.

DukieBoy
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Kemo could be a lead blocker. He is an inferior talent at all else, lacks judgment and emotional self-control.

He will be gone after this season.

feltdizz
11-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Its about time. I could see if the run game was good but since it sucks we might as well put in a guy who can block a stunt.

aggiebones
11-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Neither is worth a poop. Legs is playing at his ceiling and is barely passable. Kemo is nowhere near his ceiling, but likely never will be.
He can run block well some times and that's about it.
And we will see Kemo in there before long again. Then Legs again after that.
We also won't address it in the draft.
Maybe a FA guard falls in our lap, other wise it will be Sir Legemo again another season.

TallyStiller
11-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Kemo could be a lead blocker. He is an inferior talent at all else, lacks judgment and emotional self-control.
He will be gone after this season.

We knew this about him from the word go... he was considered a first day talent out of Utah, and we got him in the 6th when we drafted him. This is why he fell.

Captain Lemming
11-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Is there any doubt left that this is Kemo's swan song in B & G? Cap issues, big $$ contract that he is woefully underperforming... no brainer.

Let me pull the relevant parts of your post.

"Is there any doubt.....Kemo's a big woefully underperforming... no brainer."

I am a Hawaii guy but the dude needed to be replaced with his boneheaded temper fueled screw-ups.

pittpete
11-23-2011, 09:54 PM
OMG, it took them this long to realize this...
Just kidding, I hope Doug makes the best of this golden oppurtunity.
I hope this is the end for braindead Kemo.

MaxAMillion
11-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Neither is worth a poop. Legs is playing at his ceiling and is barely passable. Kemo is nowhere near his ceiling, but likely never will be.
Maybe a FA guard falls in our lap, other wise it will be Sir Legemo again another season.

Thank you, the solution to the Steelers problems at Guard are not on the roster. Hopefully Colbert will hit on whatever Guard he drafts this off season.

Pahn711
11-23-2011, 11:58 PM

Thank you, the solution to the Steelers problems at Guard are not on the roster. Hopefully Colbert will hit on whatever Guard he drafts this off season.

Any Florida Gators up for the draft?

Shoe
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM

Agreed. FWIW, Kraig Urbik is starting on the Bills. Now obviously... I don't follow the Bills to know whether he's a starter due to circumstance, or maybe he's come into his own (as a serviceable starter), but... he is a starting Guard in the National Football League.

And it's an area we need upgrade.

bostonsteeler
11-24-2011, 12:23 AM
The bonehead is why we lost the SB.
If he blocks his guy properly, Ben doesn't throw his first pick, and Wallace is streaking down the sideline for a catch-up TD.

WindyCitySteel
11-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Not a Kemo fan, but Legs isn't much better. Need a 1st rounder and a FA guard next year.

hawaiiansteel
11-24-2011, 03:20 AM

Let me pull the relevant parts of your post.

"Is there any doubt.....Kemo's a big woefully underperforming... no brainer."

I am a Hawaii guy but the dude needed to be replaced with his boneheaded temper fueled screw-ups.

I usually always defend local braddahs, but even I agree that the Kahuku boy has got to be replaced.

NorthCoast
11-24-2011, 12:54 PM
On top of lacking self-control and judgment, the guy is just not all that bright. In pass blocking, you need to recognize what is in front of you, make split second decisions about who to block. Too many times Kemo has plain blew his assignments, standing like a deer in headlights. Run blocking is a whole different story. But as we know, the Steelers are a passing team now, so his skills are not worth his paycheck.

hawaiiansteel
11-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Wednesday news and notes

NOVEMBER 23, 2011
posted by Dale Lolley

Doug Legursky is fully healthy and will return to the starting lineup when the Steelers play Sunday night at Kansas City - in place of Chris Kemoeatu at left guard.

Kemoeatu, a four-year starter, said he considered the move a demotion, though he did say the coaching staff told him he just doesn't look healthy out there.

Kemoeatu has been dealing with a knee injury all season.

The move doesn't come as a huge surprise. Kemoeatu has struggled throughout his career with his pass protection and Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked 31 times, the fourth-most in the NFL.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

7 UP
11-25-2011, 01:08 AM

:Agree :Agree :Agree

SteelTorch
11-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Glad to see Kemo being benched (sorry, Kemo), but this isn't going to make our line good.

The upgrade has gone from terrible to just poor. We need to address BOTH our guard positions bigtime come the post-season.

pittpete
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
We need to address BOTH our guard positions bigtime come the post-season.
I really dont think Foster has been that bad.
Honestly Kemo has been absolutely attrocious and steadily declining wether it be from his degenerative arthritic knees or degenerative brain :wft

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
We need to address BOTH our guard positions bigtime come the post-season.
I really dont think Foster has been that bad.
Honestly Kemo has been absolutely attrocious and steadily declining wether it be from his degenerative arthritic knees or degenerative brain :wft

I don't think that there was much of a brain in there in the first place to degenerate from.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/640/478/108062496_display_image.jpg?1295156147
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NzbddsswdTQ/Tk3MnteEL3I/AAAAAAAAAI4/O7mxRxNi9VQ/s1600/oz.bmp

fezziwig
11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Kemo has to go and sadly, Legs is not the answer. Legs is smart enough, got the heart and all that but he lacks in size and or strength. Hard to believe this Steeler front office can't even get decent guards to protect Ben.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Steelers' Arians weighs in on offensive shift

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 25, 2011

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-11-25/FBNkemo-b.jpg

Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians didn't frame it as a benching. The Steelers offensive coordinator said Doug Legursky has simply played a little better than Chris Kemoeatu, which is why he will start at left guard Sunday night in Kansas City.

"Dougie is healthy, and Doug played extremely well when he was in there," Arians said following practice Thursday. "Chris did not play poorly. We just have some good depth in there for the first time in a long time."

Kemoeatu has started 58 games at left guard, including the playoffs, since 2008. Kemoeatu, who has battled a knee injury since early in training camp, started the past four games at left guard.

>> Receiver Emmanuel Sanders was a full participant in practice Thursday for the second straight day, and he will play against the Chiefs barring a setback. Sanders, who has 18 catches for 243 yards and two touchdowns, missed the past two games after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery.

"His knee's not swelling, and he's not exactly where he was when he left off. But I think he will be by Sunday night," Arians said, "and I'm looking forward to getting him back on the field."

>> The Steelers listed LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) as a limited participant in practice Thursday, but the outside linebacker is unlikely to play against the Chiefs. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (thumb) was a full participant after being limited Wednesday. Receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring) also practiced after taking part in drills on a limited basis Wednesday. Inside linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (calf) didn't practice after participating fully Wednesday.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1ekIiuIv2 (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_769013.html#ixzz1ekIiuIv2)