PDA

View Full Version : This will be the weakest AFC playoff field in years

WindyCitySteel
11-23-2011, 08:54 AM
The Steelers and Ravens are the two best teams in the AFC as of today. The Patriots are probably next, but they have absolutely no defense and a paltry running game. They're a one-dimensional team that is going to once again be one and done.

The bad luck Texans might have been the best, but will be without Schaub and Mario Williams if they hold off the incredibly mediocre Titans for the division title.

The Jekyll and Hyde Raiders for the moment lead the poor AFC West, but Tebow has the Colorado Buffalos hot on their heels.

Your two wildcards are from the AFC North, and although I like him, the Bengals are led by a rookie QB and Marvin Lewis, who hasn't had any playoff success since he was in Baltimore.

This conference is once again coming down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the AFC Title game. We simply must win every AFC game remaining and hope they slip up a couple times so we host that game.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-23-2011, 09:23 AM
With the AFC field being what it is, it should seem like a great opportunity for the Steelers to advance to another Super Bowl.

Why am I not confident that they will do so?

Jooser
11-23-2011, 10:42 AM
They're there MAN!!!!

:tt2

WindyCitySteel
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
With the AFC field being what it is, it should seem like a great opportunity for the Steelers to advance to another Super Bowl.

Why am I not confident that they will do so?

Because of the Ravens. No matter how poorly they play against dregs, we're their Super Bowl and they have gained confidence against us.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
This is not strictly an AFC situation. The NFC also has top teams with huge question marks.

The only undefeated team in the league gives up almost 400 yards per game. Remember the '07 Patriots? They were dominant all season, solid in all facets of the game, with few weaknesses. Green Bay is an awful D.

San Fran is 7-1 but is not battle tested, is coming off of a 6-10 season in the worst division in the NFL, and has Alex Smith as their QB. Sure he might be playing "above the line" (as Tomlin would say) right now, but how much confidence is there in this guy as the games get more and more meaningful?

New Orleans is average at best on the road and there is no way that I can see them going into Green Bay in January and not being embarrassed.

After that, who is there?

Eich
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
It does feel like the AFC North is the strongest part of the AFC. Steelers, Rats and Bungles could all do damage in the playoffs.

I would Love, absolutely LOVE knocking the Rats out of the playoffs AGAIN this year. What a sweet end to the 3 game series that would be !

If you were given a choice between these 2 scenarios playing out (and ONLY these 2 scenarios COULD play out), which would you choose?

1. The Steelers beat the Rats in the AFCC game but go on to lose a real heart-breaker in the Super Bowl.

or

2. The Steelers lose to the Rats in the AFCC game but the Rats get embarassed badly in the Super Bowl.

In terms of football, there isn't much worse than losing the Super Bowl.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-23-2011, 01:55 PM
ending the rats season will never get old.

scenario number 1 for me.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I think people are underestimating the Patriots. I'm not saying they will win it all, but they will definitely put up some points (especially in Foxboro). And I swear Roger F-ing Goodell is going to make sure the refs make all kinds of timely calls to help their cause.

We really need to win out.

TallyStiller
11-23-2011, 09:38 PM
It does feel like the AFC North is the strongest part of the AFC. Steelers, Rats and Bungles could all do damage in the playoffs.

I would Love, absolutely LOVE knocking the Rats out of the playoffs AGAIN this year. What a sweet end to the 3 game series that would be !

If you were given a choice between these 2 scenarios playing out (and ONLY these 2 scenarios COULD play out), which would you choose?

1. The Steelers beat the Rats in the AFCC game but go on to lose a real heart-breaker in the Super Bowl.

or

2. The Steelers lose to the Rats in the AFCC game but the Rats get embarassed badly in the Super Bowl.

Scenario 3... WE WIN THE WHOLE FREAKING THING!!!!!! XLVI CHAMPS BABY! WOOOO HOOOO!!! :Beer :tt2 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2011, 11:05 PM

or

Scenario 3... WE WIN THE WHOLE FREAKING THING!!!!!! XLVI CHAMPS BABY! WOOOO HOOOO!!! :Beer :tt2 :tt1

[youtube:2gb6f391]nMCaHxZuf94[/youtube:2gb6f391]