PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing is,...

Dresden
11-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Even in light of the inevitable injuries to highly distinguished Operators like Aaron, Hamp, Potsie, Harrison, and Hines,.. as well as others (injuries),... we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

Even with some of the worst DB's in the League being on our Roster,....we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

Even with the career long schizophrenic play of Roethlisberger and the lack of offensive consistency in terms of scoring,...we still have a very good shot of making the Superbowl.

Even with vast majority of Tomlin's "project" young bucks not living up to standards they never were built to be able to,...we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

Even in spite of Arians,... and as mostly only Roethlisberger apologists say,..the O-line,....we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

Why,.....because,...who's really standing in our way but us ? There are no Colts, the Chargers are a mess. And the Patriot sword that has been in our side since 01 is defensively a mere shadow of past units that took the field against us to prey upon chucklehead QB play.

The question is,.....do we really want this current roster to get a Title rematch ? I say yeah,....let's get it,..i'm in. :Steel

WindyCitySteel
11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Even in light of the inevitable injuries to highly distinguished Operators like Aaron, Hamp, Potsie, Harrison, and Hines,.. as well as others (injuries),... we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

Harrison is the only player you listed remotely close to his prime. Maybe Hamp, but there is no drop off when he's not there. Aaron's injury helped the DL, and Hines is at best our 4th receiver now.

Even with some of the worst DB's in the League being on our Roster,....we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

I think this is myth, too. Ike's having a great year, Troy is Troy, Clark is average to above average, and Gay is having his best year. Throw in Allen and Mundy, and the secondary has been a pleasant surprise to me. Green Bay is giving up 300 yards per game passing despite leading the league in picks. How do you end that many drives and still hemorrhage yards?

Even with the career long schizophrenic play of Roethlisberger and the lack of offensive consistency in terms of scoring,...we still have a very good shot of making the Superbowl.

We are inconsistent at scoring, but Ben is one of the steadier aspects of the offense. You make him sound like Tony Romo.

Even with vast majority of Tomlin's "project" young bucks not living up to standards they never were built to be able to,...we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

???

Even in spite of Arians,... and as mostly only Roethlisberger apologists say,..the O-line,....we still have a very good shot to make the Superbowl.

The OL has been solid since Starks returned and no one else has gone down. The biggest problem I've had with Arians is his turtling when we get the lead.

Why,.....because,...who's really standing in our way but us ? There are no Colts, the Chargers are a mess. And the Patriot sword that has been in our side since 01 is defensively a mere shadow of past units that took the field against us to prey upon chucklehead QB play.

The Colts, Patriots, and Chargers didn't stop the Steelers from getting to the Super Bowl last year.

The question is,.....do we really want this current roster to get a Title rematch ? I say yeah,....let's get it,..i'm in. :Steel

Yes, but it won't be a rematch. Green Bay is more like the Vikings of '98 or the Colts of '04. They pass the ball better than anyone, but don't do much else. They'll get exposed in the playoffs by a physical team.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-16-2011, 01:09 PM

Uh...the Ravens and Texans both beat us this year...Granted, the Texans recently lost their QB, but considering that we couldn't stop their rushing attack, I think there's a major question mark about whether we can defeat them. And we're going to have to step it up to beat the Ravens. My point is, on the AFC side, it isn't only the Colts, Chargers, and Patriots that could derail us from another Super Bowl appearance.

We ALWAYS want another shot at a Super Bowl! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

hawaiiansteel
11-16-2011, 02:37 PM

We ALWAYS want another shot at a Super Bowl! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

we can't win it if we're not in it... :tt2

flippy
11-16-2011, 02:41 PM
It all comes down to Good Ben vs Bad Ben.

WindyCitySteel
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
It all comes down to Good Ben vs Bad Ben.

Or good 3 quarters defense vs bad 4th quarter defense. Ben staked them with a four point lead and a 92-yard field against Flunko and they lost the game.