PDA

View Full Version : What to do this Sunday ?

fezziwig
11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Sunday isn't even here yet and I'm already having Steeler withdraws. When there is no Steeler football it messes with my system. I dare not tell my wife there's a bye this week or else I'm going to have to do something stupid around the house.

I start getting the shakes when the Steelers play Monday night and I have to go another 24 hours to see them. Off season is brutal on me.

I wonder if the Heinz stadium will be having anything going on Sunday for us fans ?

hawaiiansteel
11-15-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the Ravens and Bengals play each other on Sunday.

Go Cincinnati... :ratsuck

http://i.mnpls.com/106/10610.gif

fezziwig
11-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I'll be watching that game. I have a feeling the ravens will show up this weekend.

Sidebar: Do you guys think the Steelers have learned their lesson about drafting a number one quarterback ? I mean since the time of Bradshaw they tried many quarterbacks with no luck and it wasn't until getting Ben that, we had Super Bowl success.

Is there another number one pick in our Steeler future once Ben is on his way out or after he retires ?

Steelers>NFL
11-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I'll be fine. Wife & I are going to see TranSiberian Orchestra Concert at the Giant Center in Hershey. Perfect weekend for the concert, since Steelers have a bye week.

By the way, GO BEN's-GALS...

AngryAsian
11-15-2011, 11:31 AM
golf, golf and more golf

papillon
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
golf, golf and more golf

:moon :moon

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pappy

papillon
11-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I'll be fine. Wife & I are going to see TranSiberian Orchestra Concert at the Giant Center in Hershey. Perfect weekend for the concert, since Steelers have a bye week.

I love TSO, if you've never seen them before you are going to enjoy the concert. I'm jealous of you. Enjoy!

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll be watching that game. I have a feeling the ravens will show up this weekend.

I figure that the Ravens win big this weekend.

Then they will beat the 9ers the following week.

Then crap the bed against the Browns in week 13. :lol:

pittpete
11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
To tell you the truth my heart needs a bye this week from this team....

Steeler Expat
11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
1. Update my avatar
2. Play Skyrim

phillyesq
11-15-2011, 04:20 PM

I love TSO, if you've never seen them before you are going to enjoy the concert. I'm jealous of you. Enjoy!

Pappy

:Agree

TSO puts on a great show.

After my horrid showing this week in Jooser's League, I'm going to spend most of the weekend watching red zone and scouting as I prepare for the playoffs.

williar
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
To tell you the truth my heart needs a bye this week from this team....
+ 1 The bye couldn't come soon enough for me..

flippy
11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
I have 2 tons of leaves in my yard from the last 4 days. I'm sure I'll be raking this weekend and by the looks of it, 90% of the leaves haven't even fallen and it will look like I did nothing.

TD386Steel
11-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I've got 3 fantasy leagues going ESPN, NFL.COM & Yahoo that will help. Go Bengals

WindyCitySteel
11-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Drink beer and watch football?

Is this a trick question?

WindyCitySteel
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
I have 2 tons of leaves in my yard from the last 4 days. I'm sure I'll be raking this weekend and by the looks of it, 90% of the leaves haven't even fallen and it will look like I did nothing.

Gave that sheeyat up for condo life 3.5 years ago and never looked back. No garage full of tools, machines, and yard implements, no snow to shovel, no leaves to rake, no yard to mow, no weeds to kill.

Shoe
11-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Sunday isn't even here yet and I'm already having Steeler withdraws. When there is no Steeler football it messes with my system. I dare not tell my wife there's a bye this week or else I'm going to have to do something stupid around the house.

Haha... bust out an old VHS of a game, and put it on ;)

pfelix73
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm happy for a break. Lawn work is a calling.....

:tt1

steelnavy
11-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Getting ready to go to Pakistan for a year and the wife is trying to squeeze in some quality time. So she rented a limousine and invited some friends along to visit a winery an hour away, and the only day they had available was Sunday. Thank gawd the Steelers aren't playing!
:Cheers

I was supposed to leave on Saturday evening after Thanksgiving, but was given permission to slide it to Monday night for family reasons (so that I wouldn't miss the Chiefs game!).

Steelers>NFL
11-17-2011, 09:16 AM

Pappy

:Agree

TSO puts on a great show.

After my horrid showing this week in Jooser's League, I'm going to spend most of the weekend watching red zone and scouting as I prepare for the playoffs.

My wife & I saw them last year for the first time. AWESOME show! Going again thia year, and taking friends who never saw them yet.

Steelers>NFL
11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Getting ready to go to Pakistan for a year and the wife is trying to squeeze in some quality time. So she rented a limousine and invited some friends along to visit a winery an hour away, and the only day they had available was Sunday. Thank gawd the Steelers aren't playing!

I was supposed to leave on Saturday evening after Thanksgiving, but was given permission to slide it to Monday night for family reasons (so that I wouldn't miss the Chiefs game!).

May God Bless you and your family! Thank you for your time and service for this country! :Clap :Beer
Safe return... :tt2

Dee Dub
11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Are you guys kidding me? I'm going to be watching my boy Tony Stewart win the Nascar Sprint Cup Championship. This is like a game seven folks. 3 points, 2 drivers, and 1 race.

The Smoke will rise!!

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM

May God Bless you and your family! Thank you for your time and service for this country! :Clap :Beer

you're a good man steelnavy, I will drink a glass of wine in your honor this Sunday... :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Are you guys kidding me? I'm going to be watching my boy Tony Stewart win the Nascar Sprint Cup Championship. This is like a game seven folks. 3 points, 2 drivers, and 1 race.

The Smoke will rise!!

I know not this "Nascar" that you speak of.

If I need a Sunday afternoon nap, watching others turn left will surely do the trick. :wink:

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM

The Smoke will rise!!

did you see the interview between Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards yet?

some seriously funny trash-talking... :lol:

fezziwig
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM

you're a good man steelnavy, I will drink a glass of wine in your honor this Sunday... :Cheers

X 2 and thank you very much

SidSmythe
11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Kill a deer in the AM, go to church, come home and watch all the action on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Might be a good NFL RedZone day

fordfixer
11-18-2011, 03:46 AM

X 2 and thank you very much
:Agree :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

papillon
11-18-2011, 06:31 AM

I hope at some point you and your wife get some alone time in the limo while your friends are strolling through the vineyard. :Boobs

Godspeed to you and your platoon Steelnavy, stay low, be accurate and be safe. Thank you for serving. :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

Pappy

Shawn
11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, my wife already has my weekend slotted for shopping.

:cry:

Slapstick
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm going to put up the tree for the kids a little early this year...

I'm all about Jesus' Birthday... :D

Steelgal
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM

Men and shopping, it's like oil and water, they don't mix, lol!!! I prefer to shop alone. I came take my time and not worry about anyone else's schedule.

Steelnavy, thank you for what you're doing for our country. Thoughts and prayers for a safe trip home and for your family while you're serving.

I haven't seen who we get this weekend, but most likely the horrid Colts. If it's Balty/Cincy, I'll watch it.

Last weekend we put up all the outdoor Christmas decorations. This Sunday I might put the tree up. Get it done before the holiday weekend and my insane day of Black Friday shopping.

fordfixer
11-18-2011, 07:59 PM

Men and shopping, it's like oil and water, they don't mix, lol!!! I prefer to shop alone. I came take my time and not worry about anyone else's schedule.

Steelnavy, thank you for what you're doing for our country. Thoughts and prayers for a safe trip home and for your family while you're serving.

I haven't seen who we get this weekend, but most likely the horrid Colts. If it's Balty/Cincy, I'll watch it.

Last weekend we put up all the outdoor Christmas decorations. This Sunday I might put the tree up. Get it done before the holiday weekend and my insane day of Black Friday shopping.

This may help

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk11.html

fezziwig
11-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I hate to shop but when I do, I know exactly what I want and I buy it. I don't waste any time I can make it go quick unless, there are long lines or stuff like that.
I do hate when you go to a place and there are no sales clerks at the registor machines and you need to walk to different departments only to find that there is a line of people there waiting to checkout.

Even when I'm at Lowes or Home Depot they will have a row of checkout lines but usually just two people actually working just two registors.

I'll be watching the games tomorrow and I doubt my wife will have me do anything other than watching my 7 year old daughter. She has pneumonia that just started today. I hate to see kids sick and especially her because she has Downs Syndrome and everything is much rougher on down kids.

steelnavy
11-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Had a great time with the wife and friends at the New Kent Winery. The weather was perfect (sunny and 75) for a relaxing afternoon with a bottle of wine. Usually Steeler bye weeks are downers, but this was the best ever. I highly recommend it!

And I appreciate all of your appreciation of what I am about to do for the next year. But this is something that "we" volunteered for and have had more than a year to prepare and are good with it.

And on the appreciation note, all of you that take the time to fill this site with the latest Steeler news, thank you!