PDA

View Full Version : Heath after the INT.

JTP53609
11-13-2011, 10:41 PM
He vanished and did not catch a pass the rest of the game after his turnover. I hope that was just a coincidence rather than Ben not looking his way, I am sure it was, but interesting nonetheless.

Every time he juggles a ball it ends up costing us, I still remember that game in K.C. in 09 when he had a case of the jumbles in the endzone and that linebacker named studabaker took it to the house.

He is my favorite Steeler, I guess I can handle a juggle once every 2 years, he is as good as it gets for his position.

flippy
11-13-2011, 10:47 PM
The catch he made when he took a shot at the goalline might have been the play of the game. I was in awe and still am. Not sure I've seen a catch with a hit like that ever.

snarky
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
He vanished and did not catch a pass the rest of the game after his turnover. I hope that was just a coincidence rather than Ben not looking his way, I am sure it was, but interesting nonetheless.

Every time he juggles a ball it ends up costing us, I still remember that game in K.C. in 09 when he had a case of the jumbles in the endzone and that linebacker named studabaker took it to the house.

He is my favorite Steeler, I guess I can handle a juggle once every 2 years, he is as good as it gets for his position.

Wasn't there a play where he pretty much dragged a LB for a first down around our own 30?

JTP53609
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I may be wrong Snark, I do remember that and I think that was indeed after the turnover, not 100% sure though, but if I am wrong it is like an eclipse, enjoy it while it lasts :lol:

SteelCrazy
11-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Snarky is correct, but that was the only play he made after the fumble, unless you count his PI on that Cotchery TD that ended up being only 3 pts.

aggiebones
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
He took a nasty head snapping hit early in the game. He either had a bad neck ache, concussion or just simply a migraine. You get a migraine from a crack like that and mundane things seem difficult and focus wanes. Hope he doesn't have a bad one and miss some time.

Eich
11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
The catch he made when he took a shot at the goalline might have been the play of the game. I was in awe and still am. Not sure I've seen a catch with a hit like that ever.

I don't know how he held onto that and continued to play at all.

If Ryan Clark had made that hit on any Bungle, he would have been flagged and fined another $40k for it.

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM

I don't know how he held onto that and continued to play at all.

If Ryan Clark had made that hit on any Bungle, he would have been flagged and fined another $40k for it.

Watching how violently his neck snapped back, I was floored that there was not a personal foul penalty there (not that it would have made much of a difference...that catch gave us 1st and goal from the 2...such a penalty would have only given us half the distance to the goal line...1st and goal from the 1 instead). There better be a hefty fine...that hit was signifcantly worse that the one that Clark got docked $40K for last week.

feltdizz
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Ryan was hit with 40K because he is a repeat defender

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-14-2011, 01:43 PM
2nd Quarter

2-10-PIT 36 (14:53) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left intended for 83-H.Miller INTERCEPTED by 29-L.Hall at PIT 41. 29-L.Hall to PIT 41 for no gain (83-H.Miller).

3-6-PIT 17 (6:44) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 83-H.Miller to PIT 24 for 7 yards (53-T.Howard).

1-10-CIN 24 (1:58) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to 89-J.Cotchery for 24 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. CIN-29-L.Hall was injured during the play. PENALTY on PIT-83-H.Miller, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 24 - No Play.

2-7-CIN 10 (1:12) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short left to 83-H.Miller [91-R.Geathers].

His name was mentioned quite a bit in the second Q.....but not even a target after that.

RussBII
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I dunno what has to happen for the Steelers' Receivers to get a defenseless receiver/helmet to helmet hit call.

Heath got rocked, someone said it above but if that had been Ryan Clark or James Harrison they would've stopped the game and built a gallows in the endzone. I try really hard not to buy into the conspiracy theories and what not, but two things always give me pause:

The lack of the calls on hits on our receivers.
The lack of calls on James Harrison being held. Dude gets held EVERY DOWN. They call it once every 5 games so Deebo doesn't remove their spines...

Annoying.

The hit in question is about 50 seconds into this:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82419703/GameDay-Steelers-vs-Bengals-highlights