PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls: Bungals edition

SteelTorch
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the lack of threads, guys. It's been a busy last couple weeks. Anyway...

OFFENSE:

Antonio Brown. Guy is becoming better each week, and I'm loving it!

DEFENSE:

Hard to say, but it'd have to be Gay with that pick to seal the deal! I'm pleasantly surprised with his play thus far this season, he seems to be improving.

Lame balls go to our O-line, mostly for the terrible job at run blocking. It's official: all our RB's are having problems, and it's cause our front line isn't getting the job done. Ben getting knocked down all over the place didn't help either. But still, nice to pull out a win when it counted!!! Bravo, boys.

hawaiiansteel
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Kapinos did a nice job punting today (6 punts for a 49.3 yd/avg) and Jerricho Cotchery filled in well for Sanders and should have had 2 TD catches instead of the one if it wasn't for that horrible offensive pass interference call on Heath Miller.

DukieBoy
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Keisel was a beast again.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
i can live with the OL's performance today.

not great at run blocking, but the pass pro was pretty good, IMO. ben simply held the ball on a couple of sacks instead of putting it up for grabs. i'm ok with that. kemo stepped on his foot once also.

bottom line, ben had time to make some throws and actually missed a couple.(deep ball to wallace, middle throw to cotchery)

Steelhere10
11-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Lame ball goes to Heath M, he gave them 10 pts.

Steelgal
11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Per Max Stark's on twitter. he's fine, just a stinger.

Very good news, considering the o-line has been much better since he's been back.

isonator07
11-13-2011, 06:39 PM
i can live with the OL's performance today.

not great at run blocking, but the pass pro was pretty good, IMO. ben simply held the ball on a couple of sacks instead of putting it up for grabs. i'm ok with that. kemo stepped on his foot once also.

bottom line, ben had time to make some throws and actually missed a couple.(deep ball to wallace, middle throw to cotchery)

I have to disagree Eddie. I thought our line was terrible today. Ben missed a couple throws in the 35 MPH winds yes, but can we get a hole to run through??? We need guards that are NFL capable IMO. Either through the draft or FA we need to look for an answer next year.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
bengals have one of the best DL rotations in the league.

i would not describe our performance as terrible.

maybe not great, but not terrible.

isonator07
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

I thought it was terrible. Kemo has to be as bad as any guard in football. Ben holds the ball too long at times but the lack of running lanes has been going on for far to long.

Steelgal
11-13-2011, 08:05 PM

I thought it was terrible. Kemo has to be as bad as any guard in football. Ben holds the ball too long at times but the lack of running lanes has been going on for far to long.

I don't think the oline was terrible today.

As for the running game, I know they won't switch but I'd like to see Redman get the start. Mendy needs wide open lanes to do anything. Rarely does he break tackles, although his 2nd TD was sweet. With the less-than-stellar run blocking, Redman is a better option right now.

JTP53609
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
im done caring what players say on twitter.....if that was an accurate tool then woodley would have played last week against baltwhore

pittpete
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Kemo is terrible.
Bottom line, no excuse for his declining play.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM

I don't think that the miss to Cotchery was necessarily a bad throw. It seemed like JC was crossing the middle as Ben released the ball. He then stopped and settled into a zone as the ball was thrown to lead him to where he was going.

DukieBoy
11-13-2011, 09:54 PM
A couple of Brown's catches today were difficult and spectacular ... and also key plays. Game ball worthy.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Kemo is terrible.
Bottom line, no excuse for his declining play.

Legursky was active today for the first time in several weeks because of his toe injury.

Although Foster has outplayed Legursky at RG this year, when Legursky has filled in for Kemoeatu at LG, our OL has looked better as a whole.

I'm hoping that when we come out of this bye week, Legursky is starting at LG.

Starks-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert.

Our underwhelming left side of the line from last year (J. Scott and Kemo) can be gameday backups.

Jigawatts
11-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Gameball to Kemo for committing zero bonehead 15 yard penalties.

On a side note, my phone autocorrected Kemo to Memo and I think that's funny.

steelblood
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll give a half each to Ramon Foster and Marcus Gilbert. Sure, Gilbert gave up a sack and the run blocking was not superior. But, that is a good defensive line and this is a undrafted guy and a rookie out there holding there own week after week. Sure we gave up sacks, but most were coverage sacks. I'm impressed with these two. Along with Starks, they have solidified our line.

Antonio Brown-tough, smart, crafty. He is the man right now on third down.

Gay-two great plays. Solid coverage on others.

Troy-seemed like the only one slowing down their run game. I don't know why he didn't knock the ball out of Green's hands in the end zone though. But, overall, he was great.

Suisham-dude made a strong tackle inside the 25 yard line. How many kickers get downfield like that?

Lame Balls- defensive front seven was ineffective. Bad against the run and did not pressure the QB enough.

SteelBucks
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Kapinos did a nice job punting today (6 punts for a 49.3 yd/avg)

His average is even more impressive considering four of his punts were into the wind.