PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed!

CanadianSteel
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
41 TAK 0 SACKS 0 INTS

Not the year i was hopping for from number 94

Larry Foote has 1 less tackle and he has 1 more sack then LT.

Tell me i'm wrong here......Not a bust but not what i expected going into year number 5.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Playing out of position most of the time hasn't helped...

steelblood
11-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't know Ruthless. Playing out of position hasn't helped, but with his skill set and moderate experience playing there, he should be able to at least pressure the QB. I think, in many ways, he has had a down year so far. But, there is plenty of football to be played.

Still, the future looks bright for him. Even if he never becomes much of a pass rusher, with his coverage skills, I expect him to eventually provide 2-4 picks per year.

steelz09
11-13-2011, 12:20 AM
No offense but Timmons gets more "free passes" than anyone else on this defense. His play has been adequate at best.

As far as playing OLB. That humors me because I remember people saying earlier this year and years past that ILB isn't his "natural" position and he would be a beast on the outside.

Well, we've seen his OLB play and he's not even adequate at that. He sucks at that.

steelz09
11-13-2011, 12:24 AM
No offense but Timmons gets more "free passes" than anyone else on this defense. His play has been adequate at best.

As far as playing OLB. That humors me because I remember people saying earlier this year and years past that ILB isn't his "natural" position and he would be a beast on the outside.

Well, we've seen his OLB play and he's not even adequate at that. He sucks at that.

To follow up on that. He's not a real good ILB either. He does 1 thing well. He can cover. He's not a great run defender and he's not a great blitzer either.

chiken
11-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Men you cant be Serious with this.

last year LT had 135t, 3 sacks, 9pd and 2 picks
James Farrior in his best year (in NY) had 142, 1, 9pds and 2 picks
Ray lewis has only had 4 years better than Timmons - his best year was 161 3.5 9pds and 3 picks.

Timmons is really just getting started - its a shame that he had to play out of position so much this year.. I feel that he would have surely have Raised his numbers.. what are you guys expecting from that spot? 200 tackles 40 sacks and a 100 passes Defensed? We have 2 other all world players playing the ends and an all world safety making plays.. Timmons is Vital to the success of this consistent top 5 defense year end and year out.. Everybody just has to do their part and he is..

wow.

The guy is Not an NFL outside linebacker.. he had success in the little league and he did not even play a full 4 years there..

He is an Inside Linebacker who can cover and run sideline to sideline.. In this age of high scoring and crazy passing - he is the kind of player you need.

Go back to picking on William Gay, it makes more sense.

steelz09
11-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd love to see how many yards a RB gets before Timmons tackles him... on average.

How many of those tackles are behind the line of scrimmage or within 2 yards from the LOS. I bet not many of them... because he's not great at fighting off blocks and doesn't "shift through the trash" on the inside. You know what I mean if you ever played LB before. ILB, especially in a 3-4 is a very difficult position to play. You need great instincts, the ability to shed a block quickly, and especially great vision to diagnose a play quickly. Timmons doesn't have any of these. His best quality is in pursuit or in coverage. It's just the way it is.

He's not a top 15 ILB (at least this year) and definitely not a top 15 OLB.

SidSmythe
11-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Timmons has been awful this year.
at OLB he's absent.
at ILB he's average at best

Def. not justifying his new contract.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
thats timmon's tackle benson broke on his nice run with 3 minutes left in the game