PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
11-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the halfway point of the season.

You can check it out here: http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

StarSpangledSteeler
11-12-2011, 12:58 AM
I think your top 13 picks are the 13 best players. The order may vary depending on team's rankings and/or trades, but close enough.

It would suck for the Steelers if the draft unfolded like this. I would rather trade down than pick Glenn in that spot. He has major speed issues and major technique issues. He lunges off balance, he doesn't "lock on" to defenders, he doesn't finish plays. The only thing he really has that's above average is size and weight (i don't know where his strength ranks yet). He is FAR from a "sure thing". And Colbert usually picks a sure thing. I think comparable talent could be found in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Sorry to be negative. It's just my opinion of course. The Steelers may reach for him out of need. But as of right now I would say he's not the BPA at that spot.

pfelix73
11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
IMO- he wouldn't fit the mold as a Steeler OG- He'll be a OT at that size.

Need a 1st round type CB on this team to compliment Taylor.

:tt1

Oviedo
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
My first choice would still be a Safety to replace Ryan Clark. I'd also look at best ILB available.

Dee Dub
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
You guys drive me crazy!! I really wish you would watch Cordy Glenn play. He is flat out dominatating at LT. I dont care about his technique, his foot speed, or whatever! He is dominatating in every game. Then if you put him inside at guard with limited space inside he will destroy opposing D-lineman. His size is not a hinderance. He is a freakishly athletic for a man his size. Do you wanna know what I see in him? I see a man who can handle Hiloti Ngata. Think about it. No doubt so,e of you are missing the boat on him.

Dee Dub
11-12-2011, 03:13 PM
My first choice would still be a Safety to replace Ryan Clark. I'd also look at best ILB available.

I want one too however I do not see one who grades out higher than DeCastro or Glenn. And I do not believe there is one in this draft who will come out and be an immedaite impact player like DeCastro or Glenn.

Dee Dub
11-12-2011, 05:54 PM
You guys drive me crazy!! I really wish you would watch Cordy Glenn play. He is flat out dominatating at LT. I dont care about his technique, his foot speed, or whatever! He is dominatating in every game. Then if you put him inside at guard with limited space inside he will destroy opposing D-lineman. His size is not a hinderance. He is a freakishly athletic for a man his size. Do you wanna know what I see in him? I see a man who can handle Hiloti Ngata. Think about it. No doubt so,e of you are missing the boat on him.

And once again today, versus Auburn, Cordy Glenn is dominatating. Every single play he has one every battle.

Dee Dub
11-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Baccari Rambo (Georgia), in the second round is my guy. The way he jumped that route today for that pick six was a thing of beauty. His 7th INT of the year.

steelblood
11-12-2011, 07:02 PM

I watched him against Boise State, and he was dominated by marginal NFL level talent. Since then, I have not seen a full game, but I have seen some improvement when I've tuned in. I believe he has the athletic ability to play great G or RT in the NFL. I wouldn't mind if we drafted him. Kugs could fix what ails him.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2011, 12:13 AM
i've been a proponent to draft a LT in the 1st round but if barron is there, i think he would have to be the pick

both clark and troy are getting older and clark was never really great vs the pass

StarSpangledSteeler
11-13-2011, 01:40 AM

I watched part of the Boise St. game and all of the South Carolina game. What I saw was a big man with bad technique. Some plays he performed really well. Other plays he looked awful (and there were many). Lunging. Not locking on. Bad footwork. Punches that whiffed. And general laziness in finishing plays. I just don't think you should draft a 1st round guard who is considered a little but of a "project" by many scouts. Has he improved since then? Probably. Is he playing out of position? Probably. I just don't think he is in the same class talent-wise as DeCastro, even if his size is superior.

hawaiiansteel
11-13-2011, 02:19 AM
WalterFootball's latest Scouting Report on Cordy Glenn:

Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

Height: 6-5. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.28.

Projected Round (2012): 2.

10/29/11: Others rate Glenn as high as the first round, but considering how he played against some of the top defenders he has faced this season, it is hard imagining him not going on the second day of the draft.

In the first game of the season, Boise State's Billy Winn, Shea McClellin and the rest of Boise State's defensive line had their way with him as he allowed multiple hits on the quarterback. Glenn gave up a few sacks along with getting flagged multiple times.

Against South Carolina, he played better but did get beat by a defender to help cause a defensive score. It looks like Glenn should consider dropping some weight to get more athletic and be a better pass protector. He is a wide body with some mobility who should move back inside for the NFL.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012OG.php