PDA

View Full Version : Woodley ruled out for Sunday

JAR
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is expected to be ready to face the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. The outlook isn't as good for linebacker LaMarr Woodley.

Woodley was ruled out by the Steelers on Friday and will miss his second straight game with a hamstring injury. He is expected to return after the team's bye week, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The Post-Gazette reported Friday that Polamalu returned to practice and will start against the Bengals after missing the last two days of practice with a rib injury.
The Steelers listed Polamalu as probable, along with wide receivers Jerricho Cotchery (knee) and Hines Ward (head); linebackers James Farrior (calf), Jerome Harrison :) (toe) and Stevenson Sylvester (knee); and guard Doug Legursky (toe).

JAR
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Steelers LB Woodley ruled out
By Sports Network
The Sports Network
Published: Friday, Nov. 11, 2011 - 11:22 am

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley will miss Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals due to a hamstring injury.

Woodley, who also missed last Sunday's contest against the Ravens, has 36 tackles, nine sacks and one interception in eight games this season. He missed practice all week.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will also miss Sunday's game after having knee surgery earlier this week.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/11/404792 ... z1dQZXLoly (http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/11/4047926/steelers-lb-woodley-ruled-out.html#ixzz1dQZXLoly)

Queerbaits Friend
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I like WOODley, teehee

:Boobs <---ewww

:moon ~( :

Oviedo
11-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Totally OK with Woodley having 2 more weeks to get well. The final 6 games are critical.

NorthCoast
11-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I think the longer he is out the more desperate the Steelers will be for his return. He very well could have been the difference maker in the Ravens game.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Totally OK with Woodley having 2 more weeks to get well. The final 6 games are critical.

They're all critical from here on out. That said, better to lose him for 2 games than for 2 months.

Too bad Worilds isn't ready for prime-time. And as for all the fawning over Chris Carter,
it's obvious he's a long way from ready, too.

hawaiiansteel
11-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux

By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 12, 2011

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2011-11-11/1112FarriorCAP-b.jpg

CINCINNATI If Steelers linebacker James Farrior persuades coach Mike Tomlin and team doctors to let him play Sunday against the Bengals, he'll move back into the starting lineup to replace Larry Foote. Farrior's return would shift Lawrence Timmons back to inside linebacker.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will sit out for the second week in a row with an injured hamstring, giving Jason Worilds his second straight start. Outside linebacker James Harrison said his injured toe will not keep him out of tomorrow's game.

Farrior, still feeling some discomfort with an injured calf, wasn't overly optimistic about playing after practice Friday.

"I think I can talk them into letting me play, but it's going to be tough," said Farrior, who is listed as probable. "If they feel I can't injure it any worse than it is now, then I'll be ready to go. I can tell it's getting better because the swelling has gone down. It's not as sore as it had been."

Foote gives the Steelers depth at linebacker that they didn't have with the injuries.

"I just have to be ready," he said. "(Farrior's) not 100 percent, but he looked good."

Wide receivers Arnaz Battle (hamstring) and Emmanuel Sanders (knee) will not play. Guard Doug Legursky (toe), wide receivers Jerricho Cotchery (knee) and Hines Ward (head), linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee), safety Troy Polamalu (rib) and Harrison (toe) are listed as probable.

"I feel about the same as I did last week," said Harrison, who had three sacks last week against Baltimore after missing four games. "It's been a matter of getting back out there and getting in good condition."

Bengals tight end Donald Lee (foot) is out, and cornerback Pacman Jones (hamstring) is doubtful. Defensive end Carlos Dunlap (hamstring), tight end Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) and running back Brian Leonard (knee) are questionable.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1dVjq5MZd (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766944.html#ixzz1dVjq5MZd)

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2011, 04:44 PM
If Steelers linebacker James Farrior persuades coach Mike Tomlin and team doctors to let him play Sunday against the Bengals, he'll move back into the starting lineup to replace Larry Foote. Farrior's return would shift Lawrence Timmons back to inside linebacker.

Farrior's return doesn't shift Lawrence Timmons back to inside linebacker. Timmons already moved back to inside backer last week when Harrison and Worilds came back to the lineup. Whether or not Farrior plays is completely irrelevant to where Timmons plays.

If Farrior plays, it will be:

Worilds-Farrior-Timmons-Harrison.

If Farrior doesn't play, it will be:

Worilds-Foote-Timmons-Harrison.

Timmons is playing inside regardless of Farrior's playing status.

hawaiiansteel
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
although I didn't think Worilds played particularly well last Sunday, he must have shown enough to convince the Steelers to not start the following lineup:

Timmons-Farrior-Foote-Harrison