PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Bungals Predictions

hawaiiansteel
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 10

Thursday, November 10, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) at Cincinnati Bengals (6-2), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: After losing to the Ravens, the Steelers have put themselves in a tough spot to win the division. But, as Ken Venturi used to say, there's still a lot of golf to be played. And the Steelers are 9-1 in Paul Brown Stadium.

Prediction: Steelers, 23-16

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11314/11 ... z1dPxNLSxM (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11314/1189038-213-0.stm#ixzz1dPxNLSxM)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I never come on to these threads weekly because I hate predicting scores. What I will say this week is that I believe that the Steelers will win handily.

I've heard a lot of complaining about how we have padded our record because of our easy schedule, but I'd say that the Bengals have gotten fat off of lesser teams. They have not yet played us or the Ravens. I think that they are lucky to go 1-3 in those four games.

They still have a couple of easier games - Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland - but I can see them blowing one of those after they have been exposed by the two AFC North teams.

I can see them going from 6-2 to finish around 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

hawaiiansteel
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
posted by Dale Lolley
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011

Who I like, Cincinnati version

I have to admit, I'm surprised at how well the Bengals are playing this season. The defense, which has been solid the past couple of years, is again playing well - not having allowed more than 20 points in a game - and the offense isn't making the big mistake.

That's really saying something considering the Bengals have started rookie Andy Dalton at QB all season.

But the Bengals have also not faced a quarterback as good as Ben Roethlisberger this season, beating the likes of Colt McCoy, Curtis Painter, etc.

Yes, they beat the Buffalo Bills, their only quality win this season, but that was coming off a game in which the Bills won their Super Bowl, having knocked off New England for the first time in a decade the week before.

The same could be said of the Steelers this season. They have only beaten one quality opponent - New England.

But, the Steelers are a proven commodity, much more so than the Bengals.

And something tells me the rookie QB isn't quite ready for what he's going to see Sunday.

How do I know this?

When asked this week if the city is starting to buzz about how well the Bengals are playing Dalton replied that it must be because the game is a sellout, the first one for the Bengals this season.

What Dalton didn't realize is that it's a sellout because Paul Brown Stadium will be filled to the rim with Steelers fans.

Take the Steelers, 24-17

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Oviedo
11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Steelers need to blow these guys out and head into the bye on a high.

fordfixer
11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Us - 2
Them - 0
:tt1 :tt1

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Steelers- 21
Bengals-20

SteelCrazy
11-12-2011, 11:18 PM
We're still humbled by the loss to the Ravens and let the Bengals beat us........

.............almost

20 - 17 Steelers in OT

papillon
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Dale Lolly had it exactly correct 24-17 the good guys.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I predict that not only will the Steelers beat the Bengals, but that the Ravens will also lose to the Seahawks! Who's with me?

:tt2 :tt1

DukieBoy
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Mr Bill was in rehab and did not make a prediction. Now he thinks it impacted the outcome for the Steelers. More rehab needed, I guess.

:bungalssuck

:brownssuck

:ratsuck :owned by the Seahawks.

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1