PDA

View Full Version : Is The NFL Out To Get The Steelers?

Slapstick
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Check it:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/ ... t-steelers (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/7215170/is-nfl-get-steelers)

skyhawk
11-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Check it:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/ ... t-steelers (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/7215170/is-nfl-get-steelers)

Nice find.

Y'all should go check it out. The votes clearly state that other fans are in agreement with Clark and us Steeler fans.

isonator07
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
How bout the hit on Heath near the goal line today? I don't care if a fine comes. We would get flagged and fined for that hit. I realize the penalty yardage would have been minimal, but the flag has to come there. We get flagged for that play everytime. This unfair use (or non-use) of the rule needs to stop.

skyhawk
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
How bout the hit on Heath near the goal line today? I don't care if a fine comes. We would get flagged and fined for that hit. I realize the penalty yardage would have been minimal, but the flag has to come there. We get flagged for that play everytime. This unfair use (or non-use) of the rule needs to stop.

The hit looked legit to me. But if it were Clark or Harrison they would have thrown the flag.

isonator07
11-13-2011, 06:58 PM

The hit looked legit to me. But if it were Clark or Harrison they would have thrown the flag.

Pre-Sissafying the league I agree. I actually like hits like that. I think its a good football play. My problem with it is, as you said we get flagged for that hit.

DukieBoy
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Ben got hammered late after the throw a couple of times, and had Peko pile on top of him hard late after he was on the ground .... and no call in any case.

I can't imagine any of our players, let alone James Harrison, not being flagged, fined, etc for what Peko did.

Leper Friend
11-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Pre-Sissafying the league I agree. I actually like hits like that. I think its a good football play. My problem with it is, as you said we get flagged for that hit.
It was a nice hit but I definitely think Clark or Harrison would have got the flag.Db's have always been coached to seperate the player from the ball. That's been a great football play for the 25 years I've been watching football.Now , because Roger Goodell has tried to ruin the game , it's considered "dirty".Ryan Clark's hit from last week was how Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater made a carreer and they used to be applauded. Now , every commentator and fan has to disect the hit to determine wether or not 2 helmets may have made contact. It's horrible. We're at the point now that I don't like seeing any player get a shot at a WR even if it's clean just because I know the Steelers would get the flag.

winwithd
11-13-2011, 09:01 PM
I hope there is no fine on the hit on Miller. I thought it was clean. Did not deserve a flag either. Im not convinced we would have gotten flagged for it. It was pretty clean.

Itll be interesting to see what Kam Chancellor of the Seachickens gets fined for his hit on Bolden on the Rats last TD drive. That used to be a great defensive play, and the fans really booed the call. But it was much more against the new rules than what Clark's hit was last week. Turns out Bolden dropped the ball but popped right up and wasn't fazed one bit. Chancellor rung his own bell on that one.

DukieBoy
11-13-2011, 09:06 PM

No doubt! :Agree