PDA

View Full Version : I propose a new NFL rule!!

Dee Dub
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I am calling it the " Projection Rule". It is the projection of where a defender would have hit a receiver/ball carrier if that said receiver/ball carrier hadn't moved to avoid the hit.

These are world class athletes, trained their whole football lives to stop a receiver/ball carrier, at full speed, with necessarily, violent force. To expect them to be able to pull up, slow up, or even wrap up (text book tackle), when a game can turn on a turnover is asking too much not to mention the fact that it could even cause the defender to get injured by pulling up.

I agree to some point about the defenseless receiver rule, and I am not advocating changing that, however if the defender projects himself in a non-helmet to helmet lunge with his shoulder to an area that is below the receivers shoulders and then the receiver moves down, deliberately or not, to an area that causes the receiver to hit above the shoulders then I am saying with my new rule proposal, that shouldn't be a penalty.

Can I get an amen all up in here?

DukieBoy
11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, let's keep adding more rules to try to correct for all the rules that have already been added.

I feel like Goodell's NFL is six degrees of separation removed from what football was in the days of Lambert, Greene, Ham, Blount, Shell, Stallworth, Swan, Bradshaw. Those days will never return, I know. But can we get some semblance of that game back?

Discipline of Steel
11-08-2011, 08:28 PM
The NFL already had this whole thing covered long ago with the no spearing rule. That is all that is really necessary, the rest just makes things too complicated.

...and Ray Lewis speared Hines Ward.

DukieBoy
11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
The NFL already had this whole thing covered long ago with the no spearing rule. That is all that is really necessary, the rest just makes things too complicated.

...and Ray Lewis speared Hines Ward.

x2

SteelAbility
11-08-2011, 11:44 PM
But then, by the same token, if a defender shoots for the knees and the offensive player moves to avoid it, the defender should be penalized for intent. :P

Queerbaits Friend
11-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I propose a new board rule.

DeeDub has to post his undie pics in his sig. TeeHee