PDA

View Full Version : William Gay(22)

Gene Jtown
11-08-2011, 08:14 AM
William Gay has given me nitemares the past few seasons. He can't cover the short pass or the long pass. His tackeling ability is weak and his speed is average. How he made the team this year is beyond me. With him covering in our secondary, we have no chance this year.

pittpete
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow, just last week people were praising his play giving Carnell Lake props for changing our DBs.

steelblood
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
William Gay has given me nitemares the past few seasons. He can't cover the short pass or the long pass. His tackeling ability is weak and his speed is average. How he made the team this year is beyond me. With him covering in our secondary, we have no chance this year.

He is not a great player. It is a position we should upgrade. That said, everyone in the NFL (save maybe the Packers) has a few key positions manned by below average talent. This is life in the salary cap era. We have a great team that just played two playoff caliber teams very well. The sky is not falling.

Shoe
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Wow, just last week people were praising his play giving Carnell Lake props for changing our DBs.

He probably has done a good job with our DBs. Keenan Lewis has made good progress, that young kid (who's name escapes me) got on the field, which is a good sign for him too.

BUT I DOUBT ANYONE, was saying anything positive about William Gay. This guy can't do anything. He's so bad he makes medicine sick.

D Rock
11-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Didn't you know that his nickname is Big Play Willie Gay? It was given to him by a team he played against in peewees and it just stuck.

Unlike him. To a receiver.

birtikidis
11-08-2011, 11:47 AM
He's a good nickel guy. Not such a good #2. I'd love to upgrade that spot maybe let Willie walk. I'd like to try one of our corners at the FS spot to see if we can't let Clark ride off into the sunset.

ikestops85
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Up until this game Gay has played really good football this year. I find it amazing that when you have one bad game we want to cut the player. Ike didn't play well either. Should we get rid of him? I recall seeing Troy beat on some of those 3rd down completions. Is he on the chopping block also?

Gay is playing as well as he did in 2008 ... which is very good. Gay wasn't even beat on the winning touchdown until the receiver shoved him.

We didn't play well defensively ... let's see if we recover against Cincy. Let's not turn our entire roster over because of this game.

Let's get rid of the http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/sky-is-falling.jpg attitude