PDA

View Full Version : Ben and No Huddle

NorthCoast
11-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Who can deny the fact that Ben excels when calling his own plays in the no huddle or hurry up? He seems to get in this zone and his feel for the which plays to call is more often than not the right one. Why can't the Steelers go with this offense much earlier in the game before the defense even has a chance to settle?

DukieBoy
11-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Who can deny the fact that Ben excels when calling his own plays in the no huddle or hurry up? He seems to get in this zone and his feel for the which plays to call is more often than not the right one. Why can't the Steelers go with this offense much earlier in the game before the defense even has a chance to settle?

More No-Huddle !

Shoe
11-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Nobody knows why, except for the coaches I guess.

Especially when you got tubulards like Terrence Cody and other morbidly obese fatsos in the game--run no-huddle! Render those guys as 350 lb. paperweights, and play 10-on-11 football.

SuperSize
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I know the no-huddle has advantages regarding substitution and pace for the offense, but the biggest reason I prefer it is that Ben calls the plays. He seems to have a much better feel for the flow of the game than Arians does. Sunday night, Arains called in all of the first half plays, Steelers score 6. Second half, running almost exclusively out of the no-huddle, Steelers score 2 TDs.

I don't really care if the Steelers no-huddle or not, I just want Ben calling the plays.

Pete

feltdizz
11-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I know the no-huddle has advantages regarding substitution and pace for the offense, but the biggest reason I prefer it is that Ben calls the plays. He seems to have a much better feel for the flow of the game than Arians does. Sunday night, Arains called in all of the first half plays, Steelers score 6. Second half, running almost exclusively out of the no-huddle, Steelers score 2 TDs.

I don't really care if the Steelers no-huddle or not, I just want Ben calling the plays.

Pete

I doubt Ben is calling all the plays since he has a head set. I read that they both call plays during the no huddle but everyone goes off the BA comment from a few years ago.

Regardless, Ben also has 2 INT's running the same play in the no huddle.. maybe that's the play BA called. :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
It would be nice if the no huddle was also a hurry-up style offense as well. When we ran the no huddle during this Ravens game, we still ran the play clock down to 1 second again...

feltdizz
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
It would be nice if the no huddle was also a hurry-up style offense as well. When we ran the no huddle during this Ravens game, we still ran the play clock down to 1 second again...
:Agree

what's the point of a no huddle if you spend 35 seconds doing it?

ikestops85
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM

They can't make defensive substitutions

grotonsteel
11-08-2011, 01:39 PM

They can't make defensive substitutions

No Huddle but not hurry up offense.

You go No-Huddle but it still gives your Defensive players a breather on the sidelines.

papillon
11-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Substitutions is the point I think. If you go no-huddle and don't substitute the defense can't take the chance of running players on and off the field, Ben could simply snap the ball and catch them with too many men on the field or even better, out of position to cover the play that is called.

I think that is the thinking behind the no-huddle. The offense sees a defense on the field that they believe they can exploit and they want to keep them on the field.

Pappy