PDA

View Full Version : Emotion in Ravens game vs Pats game

TallyStiller
11-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Am I the only one who feels like we came out surprisingly flat for Ravens/Steelers in a nationally televised home game with first place on the line? It seemed to me as if it took our guys the better part of a quarter and a half to really match Baltimore's intensity, and that they made some mistakes and left a bunch of points on the field early.

I think the Steelers spent more emotionally than they care to admit on the win over the Pats last week... that game was not only a thing of beauty, but an absolute 60 minute effort the intensity of which I've rarely seen in 40 years of watching Steeler football. That game just had a different feel to it from us... almost like SB XIII, which remains for me probably the highest level of play in a game I think I've ever witnessed.

Collinsworth kept talking last night about Baltimore wanting so badly to get over the hump against the Steelers after years of torment - I think we were the same way last week against Brady, and that they came at us with a similar effort tonight. We struggled to match it.

DukieBoy
11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
We looked tentative the first half, like underdog counterpunchers vs Smokin' Joe.

ikestops85
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Am I the only one who feels like we came out surprisingly flat for Ravens/Steelers in a nationally televised home game with first place on the line? It seemed to me as if it took our guys the better part of a quarter and a half to really match Baltimore's intensity, and that they made some mistakes and left a bunch of points on the field early.

I think the Steelers spent more emotionally than they care to admit on the win over the Pats last week... that game was not only a thing of beauty, but an absolute 60 minute effort the intensity of which I've rarely seen in 40 years of watching Steeler football. That game just had a different feel to it from us... almost like SB XIII, which remains for me probably the highest level of play in a game I think I've ever witnessed.

Collinsworth kept talking last night about Baltimore wanting so badly to get over the hump against the Steelers after years of torment - I think we were the same way last week against Brady, and that they came at us with a similar effort tonight. We struggled to match it.

I have to agree. I never thought that would happen but it seemed like it took us awhile to get revved up. In our first 3 trips to the red zone we didn't get a touchdown. :HeadBanger