PDA

View Full Version : The INT

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I know this isn't a topic anyone wants to address but umm... this is the second INT in the no huddle on that awful WR bubble screen.Why would Ben try that with that many Raven defenders that close to the LOS?

papillon
11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I know this isn't a topic anyone wants to address but umm... this is the second INT in the no huddle on that awful WR bubble screen.Why would Ben try that with that many Raven defenders that close to the LOS?

Because, in his effort to not tip off the play to the Ravens he never took a pre-snap read to his right. He looked left, took the snap and turned and threw the ball without looking. It was his lone poor decision of the night. That's my take on it anyhow.

Pappy

Dee Dub
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
For goodness sakes felt, just say it. Quit hiding behind these smoke screens you throw up. Man up and say what you mean. You hate Ben. I knew it was just a matter of time with you. :roll:

pittpete
11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Ben gets a brain fart every now and then.
Last week the INT over the middle, this week the awful pass to Suggs.
We take the good with the bad until the bad starts to outweigh the good :wink:

California-Steel
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Because, in his effort to not tip off the play to the Ravens he never took a pre-snap read to his right. He looked left, took the snap and turned and threw the ball without looking. It was his lone poor decision of the night. That's my take on it anyhow.

Pappy
Well he tipped off the play by doing just that. By doing something other than what you normally do is a giveaway. Players in the NFL look for tendencies and those go both ways, tendencies to do something or not do something. By going away from an obvious tendency he in essence tip his hand. Easy to see it coming with the formation and personnel, but by not even looking you made it a for sure it was coming.

I hate the bubble screen or I hate the way we run it. For some reason it never looks like how other teams run it. We always seem to fight for the 5 yards it gets us sometimes. Too much work and not enough reward when we run it. I see other teams get 15, 20, or even longer much easier then we get our 5 or 10 yards. Not sure why. Maybe it is our personnel or formation.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 07:14 PM
For goodness sakes felt, just say it. Quit hiding behind these smoke screens you throw up. Man up and say what you mean. You hate Ben. I knew it was just a matter of time with you. :roll:

It killed momentum and was a play in the game we are discussing. I don't understand how you can dissect every other player on our team and critique every player in college but you can't handle a post about Ben's INT.

Given the no huddle request we've had the last few weeks, the 2 INT's on similar passes in the no huddle and everyone's disdain for that play in general why is it a crime to discuss it?

Are you hiding behind a smoke screen for your hate for Clark or our DB's? Are you hiding behind smoke when you question the offensive game plan? I don't jump in your threads and accuse you of hating whatever player you are ripping or discussing.

I have threads about the 3rd down conversion and about the DB's not playing the ball. Get over yourself and realize people can talk about everything that happened during the game and not what YOU want to talk about.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Pappy
Well he tipped off the play by doing just that. By doing something other than what you normally do is a giveaway. Players in the NFL look for tendencies and those go both ways, tendencies to do something or not do something. By going away from an obvious tendency he in essence tip his hand. Easy to see it coming with the formation and personnel, but by not even looking you made it a for sure it was coming.

I hate the bubble screen or I hate the way we run it. For some reason it never looks like how other teams run it. We always seem to fight for the 5 yards it gets us sometimes. Too much work and not enough reward when we run it. I see other teams get 15, 20, or even longer much easier then we get our 5 or 10 yards. Not sure why. Maybe it is our personnel or formation.

I agree with everything you said but I think the timing of the INT is what bothered me the most. This isn't the first time Ben has thrown an INT on that play in the no huddle.

We need to toss that play out.

NJ-STEELER
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Pappy

thats what i said at the time

just get rid of the play. too risky and the reward is usually under a 5 yard gain

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM

thats what i said at the time

just get rid of the play. too risky and the reward is usually under a 5 yard gain

:Agree

... and everyone at the bar was saying the same thing

DukieBoy
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I suspect the Ravens had a good idea that play was coming, based on the formation and other indicators. I found myself wondering what Suggs was doing out there wide, as opposed to bringing the pressure, especially as he lined up on our right side. ReMax was stoning Suggs on our left, and I thought he would have been flooding our right with a numbers mismatch and come after Ben. I was also thinking why Ben didn't see Suggs over there and audible out of that play that was to become disastrous.

chiken
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
The interception was 100% Based on the Ravens knowing what we were going to do in that situation. Suggs went right to the dang on the spot and every other Raven defender was right there ready to blow it up.. The Ravens Guessed based on our tendencies and got it right. No Qb throws a Wide Receiver bubble screen Staring straight at the Receiver. You throw it quick and hope your guy can break a tackle..

Ben Makes mistakes yes but this was just the Defense making a play. They get paid too. WE all knew that play was coming and evidently the Ravens did as well.

skyhawk
11-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Of course Suggs knew the play was coming. Watch the replay. He inched up to the LOS right before the snap and went right for it.

I could have sworn that he actually heard or was told the play call. I am serious.

papillon
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM

Pappy

I agree with everything you said but I think the timing of the INT is what bothered me the most. This isn't the first time Ben has thrown an INT on that play in the no huddle.

Hopefully, what they do is throw that play out and design a play that comes from the same formation, same down and distance and same offensive rhythm (no huddle) that has different reads and routes. That's what I's like to see; use it as a way to break a tendency and be something the defense didn't see on tape.

Pappy

feltdizz
11-08-2011, 08:26 AM
The interception was 100% Based on the Ravens knowing what we were going to do in that situation. Suggs went right to the dang on the spot and every other Raven defender was right there ready to blow it up.. The Ravens Guessed based on our tendencies and got it right. No Qb throws a Wide Receiver bubble screen Staring straight at the Receiver. You throw it quick and hope your guy can break a tackle..

Ben Makes mistakes yes but this was just the Defense making a play. They get paid too. WE all knew that play was coming and evidently the Ravens did as well.

It was a mistake to throw that pass....