PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side.....

CanadianSteel
11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
It was great to see Debo back to his old self out there tonight.

A. Brown is the real deal and may be our best WR!

Props to the O line, they held up well

Its a very tough loss to take, have to try to come up with some positives i guess =(

BradshawsHairdresser
11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
It was great to see Debo back to his old self out there tonight.

A. Brown is the real deal and may be our best WR!

Props to the O line, they held up well

Its a very tough loss to take, have to try to come up with some positives i guess =(

The O-line play was a huge surprise to me.

I just wish that that sometime this season, we could see all components playing well in the same game.

fezziwig
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
It was nice to see our o-line, Harrison, Brown and Mendenhall to step up.

I do have problems with Clark and his bone headed plays.

Shuisham can NOT be counted upon. He may have not lost the game for us but, he did not put us in position for us to tie things up or allow us overtime or what have you. I thought for sure the Steelers would have looked into a better kicker over the off season and prehaps they did but, we still need someone better.

I guess when Ray Lewis makes helmet contact and knocks a guy out of the game it's okay ?

There was holding on Brown at the endzone that wasn't called and I'm not being a homer. The hold was there.

I'm always complaining about BA and now it's time for Lebeau to accept some heat that he can't get his troops off the field at the end of the game or all the freaking third down conversions they made on us.

Tomlin is another one. He doesn't get in the refs ear enough when our team is being done wrong.

I would like to think we would have won if Woodley was in there but as Tomlin says, " the standard is the standard " We should have still overcome the absence of Woodley IMHO.

This loss was so huge due all the seeding, and Ravens are now two up on us. Remember the season when the Pats were 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs ? That can easily happen to us.

To me I see an aggressive coaching staff with the Ravens doing the things we used to do to other teams. Just like that strange defensive look that the ravens put out there and Ben needed to call a timeout.

I've kept my thoughts to myself about William Gay and so many were on his band wagon but I was never impressed with him. The guys stupid, slow and just doesn't have it as a number on corner. McFadden is better than him and is second best on the Steelers team, There, I've said it and I've been saying it all along.

Lucky for the holding call in Taylors favor when Rice tore down the field on the first play for a TD. The coaches or players were just not prepared once again.

One more thing......... one more time...........Shuisham sucks and I've said from the start of this season, he'll break our Steeler hearts this season.

steelerkeylargo
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
On the bright side Larry Foote has been playing really well. Should replace Farrior as a starter.

Steelhere10
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Fezz, I disagree about Tomlin. I also thought that he never had anything to say about the refs, but being at the game live, he gave a couple of the refs HELL but he choose to do it doing commercial breaks and the stopping of the game. I have a new respect for him seing that.

Steelers>NFL
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
On the bright side Larry Foote has been playing really well. Should replace Farrior as a starter.

Yep. Been saying that too. Time for the old guys to go.

CanadianSteel
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
huge props to Foote. Never knew he still had it in him.

I agree that we need a kicker big time. Anything outside of 30 and it seems it's 50/50

I love the intensity Clark brings, but man oh man that was a big play to give up!!

ikestops85
11-07-2011, 02:20 PM
huge props to Foote. Never knew he still had it in him.

I agree that we need a kicker big time. Anything outside of 30 and it seems it's 50/50

I love the intensity Clark brings, but man oh man that was a big play to give up!!

Clark is a hitter ... not a cover guy. He's paid to clean up the mess when tackles are missed in front of him and make receivers afraid to come over the middle and make catches.

It would be nice if we had a free safety that was a great ball hawk. Hell, it would be nice if we had any of our DBs that were ball hawks (Troy excluded from this statement). Clark is a solid player and has help this team go to 3 Super Bowls. He is a good guy that meshes well with Troy.

Did Clark have a great game? Hell No! Of course Ike didn't have a good game either. Neither did Gay. I hate to tell you guys this but in this new age of the offense our defense is going to have games like this. You are not going to be able to play dominating defense for 16 games. The Ravens have a great defense and look at Tennessee who put up 26 on them and Arizona put up 27 against them.

We over react constantly on what we see in one particular game. Some here have already pronounced Worilds a bust. The guy has only started one game. How can we already decide on what type of player he is going to be? Haven't these people learned from watching Troy?

Our defense will recover from this and I am actually starting to get excited about our offense. I thought they had a nice game plan and even made adjustments at the half. We just have to get better in the red zone.

SteelCrazy
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
The only bright side I see is Bruce "baba booey" Arians will hopefully retire after this Super Bowl winning season!

fezziwig
11-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Cool to hear that Tomlin isn't taking the stuff from the refs and I should have known that he is the type of class guy or smart enough to pick his moments to speak his mind to the refs. Thanks for posting that information.

I've been wanting to mention Foote too but seem to forget at times. Foote is doing a great job in my opinion.

As for Worilds. I just haven't seen the spark or glimps in him of being that future guy that will become a star. To tell you the truth, unless I'm just not seeing it, Timmons doesn't impress me either.

skyhawk
11-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Nope.

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
On the bright side, the Suggs INT should be enough to convince the powers that be to NEVER EVER call another sideways pass again!

NJ-STEELER
11-07-2011, 07:32 PM
seemingly we have the guys to slow down ngata and suggs.

total 180 from the dominant performance they had on opening day

fezziwig
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
On the bright side, the Suggs INT should be enough to convince the powers that be to NEVER EVER call another sideways pass again!

I agree. We see that too many times from our team and other teams and it's a gamble. Teams are clued in to that play now and it's obvious they get schooled for that play.