PDA

View Full Version : Time to Unleash Hell Yet?

flippy
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
At least we were in the game and had a shot unlike the first game.

Hopefully the next game will be better.

It's time for Tomlin to change things up and unleash hell.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Tomlin needs to worry about things like challenges and time management, and deciding when to punt and when to kick FGs.

MeetJoeGreene
11-07-2011, 12:10 PM
At least we were in the game and had a shot unlike the first game.

Hopefully the next game will be better.

It's time for Tomlin to change things up and unleash hell.

I think it is time for you to get off your lazy backside and start a 2011 Super Bowl or bust thread!

We have a legit shot at running the table.

Steelers>NFL
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
What is "unleash hell"?
In Tomlin era: just spoken words.
In Cowher era: hell was unleashed...

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

Unfortunately in Cowher's era hell was "leashed" in a lot of home AFCCG's

NW Steeler
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
The loss last night definitely hurt. But I feel confident that we will beat the Rats IF we make it to the playoffs and meet again. You would think they wont the SB last night with the way they celebrated. They even dumped Gatorade on their coach for God's sake. I mean, really?

That said, it was extremely disturbing to see them drive 92 yards with ease to win the game. It was sickening. Flacco looked pretty good last night, I never thought he would play that good against us. We needed to get more pressure on him during that last drive and it never happened.

birtikidis
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

and it's funny that with all the hell that was unleashed by cowher he still has the same super bowl record as tomlin.

Dresden
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

and it's funny that with all the hell that was unleashed by cowher he still has the same super bowl record as tomlin.

Yeah but Tomlin gained his Superbowl success on the backs of Coach Cowher's personel. So i have to say advantage,....Coach Cowher.

As far as "Unleashing Hell",.. i have not seen us do much of that against any quality opponents since Tomlin became coach. Lot of "by the skin of our teeth survival" wins,...but uuuuh,... no "unleashing of hell" :lol:

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

Yeah but Tomlin gained his Superbowl success on the backs of Coach Cowher's personel. So i have to say advantage,....Coach Cowher.

As far as "Unleashing Hell",.. i have not seen us do much of that against any quality opponents since Tomlin became coach. Lot of "by the skin of our teeth survival" wins,...but uuuuh,... no "unleashing of hell" :lol:

uh oh.. someone's back. :stirpot

All Tomlin has to do is wait another 5 to 10 years for all of the Cowher players to retire so we can see what Tomlin is really made of :roll:

Eich
11-07-2011, 02:17 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

You can't penalize Tomlin for working with and winning with what he had. Both Cowher and Tomlin took over teams that didn't make the playoffs the year before they came in.

Tomlin has the same number of rings and the same number of Super Bowl appearances as Cowher. But it took Cowher 15 years and only took Tomlin 4. I sure hope that Tomlin beats out Cowher over the next 11 years.

birtikidis
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

You can't penalize Tomlin for working with and winning with what he had. Both Cowher and Tomlin took over teams that didn't make the playoffs the year before they came in.

Tomlin has the same number of rings and the same number of Super Bowl appearances as Cowher. But it took Cowher 15 years and only took Tomlin 4. I sure hope that Tomlin beats out Cowher over the next 11 years.
bah, Tomlin should have cut EVERY player the day he was drafted. Then we'd know how goo dhe really is.

Steelers>NFL
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
What is "unleash hell"?

Tomlin took over an already full team, with players and coaches. And nobady has left this team tp join another since he has been coaching. Every 2 years or so, Cowher would lose an OC or DC. Then ahd to replace. Korky Stewart went through how many OC during his time in Pitts? 4 or so. At least 3. Losing good coaches can set you back one year. And despite that, the Steelers almost was in contention under Cowher. Let's wait and see when BA is finally GONE. And DL retires etc. and we will see how Tomlin fares.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Tomlin took over an already full team, with players and coaches. And nobady has left this team tp join another since he has been coaching. Every 2 years or so, Cowher would lose an OC or DC. Then ahd to replace. Korky Stewart went through how many OC during his time in Pitts? 4 or so. At least 3. Losing good coaches can set you back one year. And despite that, the Steelers almost was in contention under Cowher. Let's wait and see when BA is finally GONE. And DL retires etc. and we will see how Tomlin fares.

You are probably the only man on the face of the earth to say "wait until BA is gone" to see how Tomlin fairs.

LOL

Thank you... I was in a bad mood and you gave me a chuckle.

JAR
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
They even dumped Gatorade on their coach for God's sake. I mean, really?

Harbaugh also cut his chin jumping up and down with Newsome in the tunnel after the game..http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/balt ... 2495.story (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-john-harbaugh-ozzie-newsome-tackle1107,0,3102495.story)

Well, the Rats won two Super Bowls this year, the Steelers will take the real one.

Steelers>NFL
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM

You are probably the only man on the face of the earth to say "wait until BA is gone" to see how Tomlin fairs.

LOL

Thank you... I was in a bad mood and you gave me a chuckle.

Glad I made you chuckle today... But I want him gone faster than yesterday. Just wanted to clear this up. He sucks!

Steelhere10
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Cowher 14 years
Tomlin 4
There are many players under Tomlin that he drafted or that Cowher thought wasn't good enough that help him win his SB. Wood, Timmons, Moore ( Harrison who Cowher thought was not good enough to play. Wallace, Brown , Sanders , Mendenhall> who all played a big part of us making it last year and maybe this year and the list goes on. SO please let that rest about Cowher players because truth be told all those guys would be riding the pine because BC stuck to his love ones too much. And don't forget that it was reported that BC wanted Phil River or Stacy Andrews over Ben. And how often do we forget 4AFCC GAMES that was choked away playing not to lose instead of playing to win all that he was favored to win. wtf

Dresden
11-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Cowher 14 years
Tomlin 4
There are many players under Tomlin that he drafted or that Cowher thought wasn't good enough that help him win his SB. Wood, Timmons, Moore ( Harrison who Cowher thought was not good enough to play. Wallace, Brown , Sanders , Mendenhall> who all played a big part of us making it last year and maybe this year and the list goes on. SO please let that rest about Cowher players because truth be told all those guys would be riding the pine because BC stuck to his love ones too much. And don't forget that it was reported that BC wanted Phil River or Stacy Andrews over Ben. And how often do we forget 4AFCC GAMES that was choked away playing not to lose instead of playing to win all that he was favored to win. wtf

Uuuuuuh yeah,...all that's nice,...and everything. But give him a stud QB,....and i'd take Coach Cowher and his football philosophy in terms of scheme, personel and coaching style over Tomlin six days a week and twice on sunday every year for the rest of my life. :lol:

Nothing personal against Tomlin or people that feel he's the better Coach,...but to me he's merely a very intellctual and charismatic chearleader/motivational speaker. (Though his swagger is admirable )

Dresden
11-08-2011, 03:19 AM
What is "unleash hell"?

Ya know,...i was gonna say something along the lines of "Often the Immortal Football Gods grant early impunity to those that they wish to punish for haughty self serving pride,..so that their longterm failure might sting all the more severely". But then i thought,...."Thats waaaay too long winded". And perhaps sounds as though i should valet park my high horse ? :lol:

Steelerphile
11-08-2011, 06:04 AM
What is "unleash hell"?

Ya know,...i was gonna say something along the lines of "Often the Immortal Football Gods grant early impunity to those that they wish to punish for haughty self serving pride,..so that their longterm failure might sting all the more severely". But then i thought,...."Thats waaaay too long winded". And perhaps sounds as though i should valet park my high horse ? :lol:

There's a certain element of people who absolutely want Tomlin to fail and to whom no success will be sufficient. All successes still being attributed to Cowher's players and the remnants of his coaching staff and close losses to good teams, criticized severely as displays of abject incompentence.

Tomlin's in his sixth year now. You're still waiting for the ship to go down and it is not happening for you.
Just a little about the Steelers record under Tomlin. .681 winning percentage. Best among active coaches.
7 playoff games. 5 playoff wins.
2 AFC championships. 1 NFL championship.

What other coach in the NFL comes close to that success?

So it is all about Cowher's players. When you look at the list of top rated players per position. The Steelers don't dominate those lists. Bum Phillips had a neat saying when Noll was coaching. "He can take his and beat yours or he can take yours and beat his."

I think you overrate this business about Cowher's players. They are just players. A bad coach wouldn't win with Cowher's players just because they used to be Cowher's players 5 or 6 years ago. A lot of them are gone now or getting older.

You expect to win every game. It's not going to happen. Cowher didn't win every game. No team is going to win every game.

That game was a good game between two good teams and as in every loss, the fans can nitpick this decision or this call. It happened with Cowher also. Perfection is unattainable in football.

I think the Steelers are in excellent shape with Tomlin at helm but if you or others got their wish and Tomlin was let go, he would sign with another team immediately and he might even get paid more than Cowher would get if he every decided to come back to coaching.

feltdizz
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Cowher 14 years
Tomlin 4

Uuuuuuh yeah,...all that's nice,...and everything. But give him a stud QB,....and i'd take Coach Cowher and his football philosophy in terms of scheme, personel and coaching style over Tomlin six days a week and twice on sunday every year for the rest of my life. :lol:

Nothing personal against Tomlin or people that feel he's the better Coach,...but to me he's merely a very intellctual and charismatic chearleader/motivational speaker. (Though his swagger is admirable )

A lot of coaches with Big Ben and a top 5 Defense would have a ton of success.

I like the intellectual and charismatic cheerleader...

I also liked the chin-spitting charismatic cheerleader...

hawaiiansteel
11-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Not the same old Steelers

TUESDAY, 08 NOVEMBER 2011 WRITTEN BY BOB SMIZIK

There is a tendency to look at the Steelers 6-3 record and believe with some degree of certainty that all will be well; that the team will rebound from the loss to Baltimore; that it will make the playoffs; that it might even win the division.

For example, I fully expect them to beat the Cincinnati Bengals Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium, not so much based on what has happened this season but based on what has happened in the past.

These are the Steelers, and our minds, and perhaps our hearts, tells us they do things other team cannot do.

Why, for example, should there be reason for concern about an uneven 6-3 start when we know their recent past? Who can forget 2005, when they were not only 7-5 but in the midst of a three-game losing streak and given up for dead only to begin a winning streak that did not end until they were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

If you believe in this team you believe for one reason: They are the Steelers. Nothing else, save some outstanding individuals, about the team shrieks of success. Only their history.

But history does not win football games. The NFL is no respecter of history. It’s a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. And lately -- 2011 -- the Steelers are not quite ordinary but also not quite championship caliber.

That 6-3 record includes a win over one team, New England, with a winning record. Those wins have come against opponents that are a combined 15-34. Included in those wins are a three-point victory over 0-9 Indianapolis, a team that otherwise has lost by an average of 19 points a game, and by four points to Jacksonville, which is 2-6 and held the Steelers scoreless in the second half.

The Steelers five remaining opponents (seven games) are a combined 21-18. Only two of the five have losing record. The one-time cupcake schedule is considerable more difficult than originally believed.

So if you are getting ready for a gallant charge to the finish and another trip deep into the playoffs, don’t be so certain. Yes, these are the Steelers. But they’re the 2011 Steelers and thus far they’ve done nothing.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazet ... d-steelers

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/3/onmyorderunl128569838127825667.jpg