PDA

View Full Version : Let's Just Admit It...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-07-2011, 01:58 AM
The Ravens are BETTER than the Steelers this year.

Hard to get that one out, but it's true. :(

We're now 0-2 in the AFC North. Hope we get a divisional win against the Bengals next week.

Sonny
11-07-2011, 02:08 AM
I know this, they are better when we play each other.

But watch them stink it up the next few games and start calling for Flacco's head again.

Sad that playing against us seems to give him confidence these days.

Steelerphile
11-07-2011, 06:15 AM

We're now 0-2 in the AFC North. Hope we get a divisional win against the Bengals next week.

I don't think I'll just admit it. The statistics are very close, the Steelers had the victory in their hands with 16 seconds left. Why so negative? The Ravens are a good team and Flacco played really well especially on third down, but I don't think I would just concede a loss if they meet again, which you apparently will do.

papillon
11-07-2011, 06:25 AM

No, I can't admit that, they were better on two occasions based on the outcome, there's still a lot of football to be played. The Ravens have laid some eggs this year (the same as the Steelers).

pappy

chiken
11-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Lets get all our horses on the field and then see what happens. We needed Woodley in the worst way last night. Worlids is not ready.

It was silverbacks first game back, No way was he in game shape - showed big time at the end when the Def needed a play but was gassed.

We did enough on offense to win the game but missed a couple of Easy plays down the stretch to run the clock or at least get closer for a makeable field goal (the Moore miss and the johnson Drop) I do appreciate the fact that we were still aggressive though.

We lost 2 games (the first one to me was Aaron Smiths Swan song) but I cant say that they are better - just healthier at the moment.

TallyStiller
11-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Tough not to get emotional about this one, but if we get deep enough into January, we may still see them again. They can have the regular season... in fact, just get me to the playoffs. Ask Brady and Belichick how they feel about regular season W's. Beat these guys in the postseason and this game is completely meaningless.

7 UP
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Timmons hasnt done anything at OLB. And Sylvester and Worlids, have done nothing at ILB. Give me #56 and #94 back where they belong and play the game again. I personally think you would see a different outcome. Not to mention the Sanders loss was a big one in this game. Loosing Ward early didnt help matters.

These two teams will meet again and we will see what happens when it really counts. Unfortunately for the Steelers that game will now be played in Baltimore.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Talking about the next game or past wins doesn't erase what the Ravens have been able to do to us this year.

In 120 minutes of football this year we had the lead for about 3 minutes total if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know how anyone can say we are the better team right now.

SidSmythe
11-07-2011, 09:38 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Ravens at all.

I'm just less impressed with our 3rd down Defense and our lack of flow on offense.

Joe Flacco is NOT a top tier QB. He can sit in the pocket and get rid of the ball. But as soon as he feels pressure around him, he panics. Joe Cool my butt!!

and what has happened to Ngata lately.
Last week he was getting blown off the ball against the Cardinals
and this week he was almost non existant.
a big difference from Week 1

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Ravens at all.

I'm just less impressed with our 3rd down Defense and our lack of flow on offense.

Joe Flacco is NOT a top tier QB. He can sit in the pocket and get rid of the ball. But as soon as he feels pressure around him, he panics. Joe Cool my butt!!

and what has happened to Ngata lately.
Last week he was getting blown off the ball against the Cardinals
and this week he was almost non existant.
a big difference from Week 1

I think he has a bruised thigh. I know someone on here reported he missed a few days of practice last week.

phillyesq
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Lets get all our horses on the field and then see what happens. We needed Woodley in the worst way last night. Worlids is not ready.

It was silverbacks first game back, No way was he in game shape - showed big time at the end when the Def needed a play but was gassed.

We did enough on offense to win the game but missed a couple of Easy plays down the stretch to run the clock or at least get closer for a makeable field goal (the Moore miss and the johnson Drop) I do appreciate the fact that we were still aggressive though.

We lost 2 games (the first one to me was Aaron Smiths Swan song) but I cant say that they are better - just healthier at the moment.

Having the missing guys in the lineup, especially Woodley and Sanders, would have helped, but I hate to make excuses after a loss.

I also thought that Worilds played a pretty decent game. He didn't get a sack, but he seemed to have ok pressure. When Woodley comes back, it would be nice to be able to use Worilds a bit to spell the other rushers.

Captain Lemming
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME?
Flacco was shockingly cool and made several big throws just before getting crushed by Silverback.

He got WAY more pressure than Ben.

On the last drive he did have time. The front seven seemed gassed y then.

Sugar
11-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Flacco was shockingly cool and made several big throws just before getting crushed by Silverback.

They may have been less gassed had they been able to get off the field on a 3rd down every so often. Just sayin...

Northern_Blitz
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM

This. JF played a great game last night and is the reason the Ravens won (in the first game too). Looks like we might get a very good QB duel twice a year for the foreseeable future. I for one am looking forward to it.

steelblood
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Classic Ravens - Steelers. Great game.

Worilds and Gay were terrible. But, in general, the Steelers played well. That is a very good football team, and we played well enough to win save that last drive.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm not admitting they are a better team. But I will admit they were a better team both times we played them this year.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Worilds and Gay were terrible. But, in general, the Steelers played well. That is a very good football team, and we played well enough to win save that last drive.

ehhh, we didn't play well IMO.

We had the lead for 2 minutes yesterday... at home. That isn't good football.

I hate to admit it but right now we are the 2nd best team in our division. We may be the better team overall but we don't match up well with the Ravens right now.

papillon
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM

ehhh, we didn't play well IMO.

We had the lead for 2 minutes yesterday... at home. That isn't good football.

I hate to admit it but right now we are the 2nd best team in our division. We may be the better team overall but we don't match up well with the Ravens right now.

And, that probably makes us the second best team in the AFC as well. Hopefully, there will be one go round with the Ravens. That mission starts next week in Cincinnati.

Pappy

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I don't want a rematch with the Ravens this year...

I think we would have beat them with Sanders and Woodley but football is all about playing through the injuries...

I think the Ravens are the better team this year.

papillon
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I don't want a rematch with the Ravens this year...

I think we would have beat them with Sanders and Woodley but football is all about playing through the injuries...

I think the Ravens are the better team this year.

I don't really care who they play in the playoffs; the goal is to get into the playoffs. I know I said "hopefully, there's one more go round with the Ravens", but I said it because I believe the Ravens willl make the AFCCG.

The AFC East may only have one team in the playoffs at the end of the season and that will be the division winner. The Patriots, Jets and Bills are each going to lose at least 2 more games. IMO. I don't know if 11-5 will be good enough for a wild-card spot. Of course, the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals could end up with 5 losses as well, it is the NFL we're talking about here.

Pappy

steelz09
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
We are very evenly matched.

It's intersting to try to rank the various two teams by positions.

o-line
Ravens > Steelers (this is probably too close to call as of recently)

d-line
Ravens = Steelers (too close to call)

linebackers
Ravens > Steelers (real close .... I'd hate to say it but their best LB, Suggs is probably as good as any of our LBs)

safety
Ravens = Steelers (real close... two HOFers)

cornerbacks
Steelers > Ravens (real close.. ravens corners aren't great either)

qb
Steelers > Ravens

wr
Steelers > Ravens

rb
Ravens > Steelers (I'll take Rice any day over Mendenhall)

kicker
Ravens > Steelers

TE
Steelers > Ravens