PDA

View Full Version : It Came Down to TurnOvers

flippy
11-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Ravens got a gift from Bad Ben.

And our Bad D couldn't get any balls back.

Bottom line - No QB pressure = No turnovers.

We can't get any pressure even if we blitz the house.

This season rests entirely on Ben and the O. Can't win with Ben having an 82 passer rating anymore.

It's time for Ben to carry us.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
harrison had 3 sacks guy.

papillon
11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
There was pressure tonight, Flacco made some good throws with guys in his face and hanging on him. The pass rush was there; the coverage wasn't always good. Troy was a non-factor in pass coverage and made some nice plays in the run game. Clark was way late covering the deep ball that won it. The defense wasn't bad except for third down and that's the wrong down on which to be bad.

Pappy

SidSmythe
11-07-2011, 01:18 AM

and a forced fumble that Gay recovered

this game came down to terrible 3rd down defense

Eddie Spaghetti
11-07-2011, 01:19 AM

whoop there it is.

NJ-STEELER
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
werent turnovers even at 1 for the game??

the stat they showed though is embarassing

4 turnovers with half the season gone is the all time low...that means teams that have been 0-8 have had forced more turnovers then our defense so far this year

and from a top ranked unit no less

Ghost
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
This season rests entirely on Ben and the O. Can't win with Ben having an 82 passer rating anymore.

4 point lead, made the Ravens use 2 timeouts and then 92 yards to go. While the O certainly could have put the game away (if DJ catches a ball in his hands) they did enough to win. As a defense; you can't give up a 92 yard drive when a FG won't do anything. The last drive was an embarrassment to the D unit.

pfelix73
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Might have to give Flacco some credit for the win. Said to myself, if he drives them 92 yds and they score a TD, they deserve the win. It's just one game. Usually B-more is so inconsistent that they would lose the next one anyways. They go all the way to Seattle next- not easy cross country...

:tt1

Northern_Blitz
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM

and a forced fumble that Gay recovered

This. Biggest issue was not being able to get off the field on 3rd down. You have to wonder if this was the defense or the maturation of Joe F. He looked very good IMO. Read plays well found, generally found the open man. He would have had an even better day if their WRs could catch.

I'm sad that we lost, but that was an exciting game last night. Great effort by two good teams. Looking forward to a possible 3rd game in the series this year.

Dee Dub
11-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Cha-ching! Someone who actually get's it. The Ravens were 14-21 on 3rd downs and 1-1 on 4th downs. I am at a point now as a Steeler fan where I fear 3rd and long.

grotonsteel
11-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Cha-ching! Someone who actually get's it. The Ravens were 14-21 on 3rd downs and 1-1 on 4th downs. I am at a point now as a Steeler fan where I fear 3rd and long.

I have no faith in this Defense.

Even Brady played well against this D. If Steelers had not controlled the ball for 40 min this D would have lost that game too.

Steelers Play off hopes rest solely on Ben's shoulder and the offense.If Steelers offense can't control the ball for 40 min or score 35 points Steelers are a toast.

Maybe Steelers should have spent more money on offense than Defense in this offseason.

birtikidis
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
In an NFL where the rules are slanted to favor the offense teams will give up drives at some point. Flacco made good throws on third down, you can't take that away from them. Ike needs to keep his hands off the receiver when the ball is in the air. Like Dub said in another thread, we really don't have any playmakers at the corner position. They don't play the ball in the air. Hell half the time they don't even know the ball IS IN THE AIR.

Dee Dub
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
In an NFL where the rules are slanted to favor the offense teams will give up drives at some point. Flacco made good throws on third down, you can't take that away from them. Ike needs to keep his hands off the receiver when the ball is in the air. Like Dub said in another thread, we really don't have any playmakers at the corner position. They don't play the ball in the air. Hell half the time they don't even know the ball IS IN THE AIR.

Look this isnt to discredit what Ike has done this year, but both he and Gay did a horrible job when they were up close in man coverage versus the Ravens last night. You can't let the receiver get inside and over and over and over they allowed them to get inside on those slants. Force him outside towards the sideline. He cant get inside no matter what.

Sonny
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
That turnover stat was a joke.

I've always felt that we don't force enough turnovers for a Zone Blitz team. Against good QBs or QBs that are just having a really good day, you can forget about this defense forcing any, unlike the Ravens who are #1 since 2000 in forcing turnovers.

Also, is it mandatory that Ben has at least one interception per game that kills our momentum and brings the other team right back into it? My God man, going all the way back to his rookie year against the Pats, to the Super Bowl against Seattle, to now, he can throw some killer interceptions.

birtikidis
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Look this isnt to discredit what Ike has done this year, but both he and Gay did a horrible job when they were up close in man coverage versus the Ravens last night. You can't let the receiver get inside and over and over and over they allowed them to get inside on those slants. Force him outside towards the sideline. He cant get inside no matter what.
I was agreeing with you.
The slant Ike gave up, I don't blame him for. He was expecting the MLB to drop into zone coverage there but Foote went the wrong way. Why they didn't jam the receivers more at the line is beyond me.

hawaiiansteel
11-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Latest Steelers RapidReports

Nov. 07, 2011 - Steelers set mark for most turnovers, fewest recovered

The Elias Sports Bureau concluded that the Steelers’ three turnovers through eight games were the fewest by any team in NFL history. The Steelers grabbed a fourth Sunday in their ninth game of the season.

By comparison, they had 21 takeaways through nine games last season. The offense, meanwhile, with 15 turnovers makes the Steelers an NFL-worst minus-11.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT