PDA

View Full Version : Give Flacco props on this one

Captain Lemming
11-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Dude got how many drops?

Iron Shiek
11-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah we gifted them the opportunity, but he laid a nice pass in there.

I'm sure our board will be in full meltdown mode, but I'm not worried, we looked fine other than 3rd down.

We'll beat em in the playoffs.

Sonny
11-07-2011, 12:54 AM
No we won't. They are better than us, period.

And if I ever hear someone say that Flacco is "average" or "mediocre" or whatever.....

Dude is a top 3 QB, against us anyway. Thing that amazes me is that he puts up some real, real stinkers, but against us, for like the 4th time in 5 games, he played lights out.

phillyesq
He was great on third down all night, I'll give him credit for that.

Captain Lemming

I'm sure our board will be in full meltdown mode, but I'm not worried, we looked fine other than 3rd down.

Exactly how I feel.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 12:55 AM

3rd down is the reason we lost.

Sonny
11-07-2011, 12:56 AM
What about coaching? So our kicker isn't good enough to attempt a 46 yard field goal that would have had us in OT, at least?

Captain Lemming
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM

3rd down is the reason we lost.

Yeah you kept sayin it.

Iron Shiek
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM
No we won't. They are better than us, period.

And if I ever hear someone say that Flacco is "average" or "mediocre" or whatever.....

Dude is a top 3 QB, against us anyway. Thing that amazes me is that he puts up some real, real stinkers, but against us, for like the 4th time in 5 games, he played lights out.

Totally disagree. Lebeau's crappy scheme let him pick and choose. You don't play soft coverage on a desperation drive like that. Our defensive playcalling was abysmal that last drive and clark blew his coverage. Freakin bubby brister could've tore that coverage up. Flacco sucks, we are better overall.

papillon
11-07-2011, 06:33 AM
What about coaching? So our kicker isn't good enough to attempt a 46 yard field goal that would have had us in OT, at least?

Do you think Suisham is good enough to attempt that FG? Would you have attempted the FG and fore-go the punt? IMO, the punt was the right call. What the coaching staff should be doing is bringing in kickers for tryouts to replace Suisham, that's the mistake the coaches are making, IMO.

Pappy

Steelerphile
11-07-2011, 06:48 AM

I don't thnik that was a simple no-brainer cioaching call to go for the field goal. There are threads on here every week doubting Suisham. A 47-yarder with that kind of pressure. If he doesn't make it, the Ravens are nearly at the 50.

I was actually relieved at the time they didn't try and made them go the long field with a little more than 2 minutes. That didn't work out though. Flacco was Joe Cool last night.

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Props to the whole Raven's offense. First play of the game said it all... they don't fear our secondary and it's obvious why.

I can't see how our D gets us deep in the playoffs if we can't get INT's or get our hands on some passes.

NorCal-Steeler
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
we lose to the bungles next week there wont be any playoffs with 0-3 division mark

BradshawsHairdresser
11-07-2011, 09:58 AM
we lose to the bungles next week there wont be any playoffs with 0-3 division mark
$$$$

Saying we looked fine other than third down is like saying the Titanic was fine except for it had a big hole in it. I don't know what the final statistic was, but at one point early in the fourth quarter, the Ravens were 11 of 13 on third downs! That is utter domination on third down...what makes you think we'll beat them in the playoffs when we can't stop them on third downs?

Ghost
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM

Do you think Suisham is good enough to attempt that FG? Would you have attempted the FG and fore-go the punt? IMO, the punt was the right call. What the coaching staff should be doing is bringing in kickers for tryouts to replace Suisham, that's the mistake the coaches are making, IMO.

Pappy

This is dead on. You could not attempt the FG from that distance with how SS has played this year but it most certainly goes on the talent evaluators that the Steelers are in a position where there is a total lack of faith in the kicker to put the game away. Maybe know one is out there but bring someone in so the kicker knows his job is on the line.

And kudos to Flacco. Looked like John Elway out there picking apart the D for huge chunks of yardage and overcoming 3 drops on the last drive.

Sonny
11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm just pissed that whatever worked on Flacco before, obviously isn't working anymore.

Troy used to be in his head. I haven't heard his name mentioned in either Ravens game.

Seems like he plays up and down to his competition. They'll want him benched after he goes 7 for 20 for 80 yards his next game against the Browns.

About Suisham. To me, you have to let him kick........a 46 yarder, especially after seeing your rival kicker drill one from 51 yards out. Right then and there would have been the time to see if Suisham is worth keeping or not. If he misses, see ya later. If he makes it? He stays until further notice. Now what? Guys it 46 yards. Jeff Reed in his prime nails that one in the clutch 8/10 times at least. Guess we took him for granted. This situation will come up again.

papillon
11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm just pissed that whatever worked on Flacco before, obviously isn't working anymore.

Troy used to be in his head. I haven't heard his name mentioned in either Ravens game.

Seems like he plays up and down to his competition. They'll want him benched after he goes 7 for 20 for 80 yards his next game against the Browns.

About Suisham. To me, you have to let him kick........a 46 yarder, especially after seeing your rival kicker drill one from 51 yards out. Right then and there would have been the time to see if Suisham is worth keeping or not. If he misses, see ya later. If he makes it? He stays until further notice. Now what? Guys it 46 yards. Jeff Reed in his prime nails that one in the clutch 8/10 times at least. Guess we took him for granted. This situation will come up again.

A FG would only have guaranteed a tie. What the offense needed was one more play to convert a 2nd or 3rd down into a 1st down and it would have been moot, the Steelers could have called the victory formation 3 times, the Ravens would have used their last TO and we would punt with very little time and the Ravens w/o a TO.

Johnson's drop stopped the clock and put the Steelers in a hole, even though they made a 1st down, the clock still was stopped at 4:24 and the Ravens didn't have to burn a TO.

Ifs, could haves and should haves win every game.

Pappy

Sonny
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow that hurts. So if Johnson just catches the ball, that right there for sure would have caused an extra 10-15 seconds to come off the clock, which is how much time was left on the Raven's last play.

Tough loss, but in this series these close calls and games go back and forth. You don't think Ravens fans were sick after Holmes' TD to win back in 08 to complete a season sweep which in turn, made all the difference in the world in the AFC Championship game. We probably don't win if that game was in Baltimore.

We got the breaks in penalties in that game in 09 that lost them the division.

Last year the break to end the game to win us the division. Hell, we even throw a blowout in there like they did in the opener, back in 07 we won 38-7. These games are always too close to call and as much as I wish they would just fall off of the face of the earth, they never will. They are too good from top to bottom, year in and year out.

Slapstick
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Flacco is an elite QB when he plays the Steelers in 2011...

Against Pittsburgh: 76 att - 45 comp - 59.2% - 524 yds - 4 TDs - 0 INTs - 97.7 Rat

Against the AFC (minus Pitt): 134 att - 66 comp - 49% - 802 yds - 2 TDs - 5 INTs - 57.5 Rat

The plan was to make Flacco beat them with his arm...he did, this time...