PDA

View Full Version : I really hate the "prevent" defense

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2011, 12:46 AM
all it does is prevent you from winning.

I can't believe our defense allowed the Ravens to go 92 yards like that...

SidSmythe
11-07-2011, 12:48 AM
That wasn't Prevent Defense

It's was Man 2 Man, Cover 1

papillon
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Yea, that wasn't prevent, but the pass rushers were gassed and couldn't put any pressure on Flacco.

Pappy

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM
all it does is prevent you from winning.

I can't believe our defense allowed the Ravens to go 92 yards like that...

3rd and whatever you want to call it is why we lost tonight. How many 15 yard outs are they going to beat us on?

We brought pressure on the last drive. Ryan Clark, what are you doing?

SidSmythe
11-07-2011, 12:55 AM
We can't overlook our 2 incompletions on our previous Offensive Possession.

Why is David Johnson on this team???

I love aggressive playcalling, but run the clock man.

Steel Life
11-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Here's the thing I don't understand...the lack of defined pass-rushing roles on that last drive, too much roaming around with guys bumping into one another & seeming as confused as the offense they hope. Why not rush 3 or 4 & force Flacco to throw into tighter windows & force them to the middle? Didn't we have success with that just last week?

Eddie Spaghetti
11-07-2011, 01:02 AM
the worilds experiment is a failure, IMO. he looked awful.

shoulda took cody.

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM

shoulda took cody.

or ILB Sean Lee...

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Here's the thing I don't understand...the lack of defined pass-rushing roles on that last drive, too much roaming around with guys bumping into one another & seeming as confused as the offense they hope. Why not rush 3 or 4 & force Flacco to throw into tighter windows & force them to the middle? Didn't we have success with that just last week?
The Patriots suck this year. They dot have the big WR's like the Ravens. Right now it pols like the Revens have us figured out.

They dropped some wide open deep passes too, they were fought catches but they were catchable balls.

flippy
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
I hate that our O couldn't close out the game.

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM

not only didn't our O close out the game, but what's up with throwing two incompletions that stopped the clock twice? :wft

chiken
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Against the Ravens we really need our Playmakers to make plays - that's always the deciding factor in these games. Today they made more than we did. Really missed Wood bringing heat from the other side today.

grotonsteel
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM

not only didn't our O close out the game, but what's up with throwing two incompletions that stopped the clock twice? :wft

Well one of the receiver was Mr. 85 aka DJ. An easy drop because he was looking downfield for a 50 yard gain instead of catching the ball.

Steel Life
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I agree with everything the last three posts said...I wish our running game was more effective & that way they could've forced the action more. But those 2 incompletions were killers...would've prefered those went to the aforementioned "playmakers". That said, really didn't like either play-call.

winwithd
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I dont think it was prevent. Clark screwed up, took a bad angle. Tony Dungy couldn't understand on Pittsburgh's last three defensive plays why they were willing to gamble on giving up the deep play and the third time they got burned. I thought LeBeau's mantra is just dont give up the big play. Maybe if they would have played that way Baltimore runs out of time. Who knows?

Now we may have to beat them in Baltimore, which I think we can do. Just think how devastated they will be when we beat them in Baltimore to go to the Super Bowl. Still seven games to go. I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore lays an egg next week. And we finish 13-3.

AB really looked good tonight didn't he? And I thought the line blocked pretty well.

We dropped an INT on one of Baltimore's FG drives. Clark I think. That was just as big. AT least we finally another TO. Should have had a few more.

papillon
11-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I dont think it was prevent. Clark screwed up, took a bad angle. Tony Dungy couldn't understand on Pittsburgh's last three defensive plays why they were willing to gamble on giving up the deep play and the third time they got burned. I thought LeBeau's mantra is just dont give up the big play. Maybe if they would have played that way Baltimore runs out of time. Who knows?

Now we may have to beat them in Baltimore, which I think we can do. Just think how devastated they will be when we beat them in Baltimore to go to the Super Bowl. Still seven games to go. I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore lays an egg next week. And we finish 13-3.

AB really looked good tonight didn't he? And I thought the line blocked pretty well.

We dropped an INT on one of Baltimore's FG drives. Clark I think. That was just as big. AT least we finally another TO. Should have had a few more.

Well, the thing now is that every divisional and conference game is big. Cincinnati this week, if the Steelers win they will have gone 2-1 against New England, Ravens and Bengals, I think everyone would have signed up for that 3 weeks ago.

They need to refocus, beat the Bengals and then get to the bye week and get Woodley and Farrior healthy. They'll be fine, I'm looking forward to next weekend's game to see where the Bengals are at with a rookie quarterback. The Steelers have been there.

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
11-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Yea, that wasn't prevent, but the pass rushers were gassed and couldn't put any pressure on Flacco.

Pappy

I agree, the pass rush failed on the final drive.

Mel Blount's G
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
We apparently used at least 5 db's on every play of that last drive.

phillyesq
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM

shoulda took cody.

I thought he was fine. I didn't watch him closely, but he seemed to get decent pressure, and he made at least one nice stop in the running game that I remember.

He's obviously no Woodley, but he wasn't a liability.

Ghost
11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I liked the play call when he threw to Johnson. It was very similar to the call against the Jets in the Playoffs when Ryan was overheard saying "NO chance they throw" and Ben hits Miller for a huge first down. At some point you cannot blame the coaches - players MUST play and that was a basic catch right in his hands. It works and everyone loves the call. 100% on the player right there.

Not sure on the throw to Moore. Looked as if Ben rushed it and Moore wasn't ready. Really odd. They don't have a great play to get 5 yards.

Since the Ravens had already gone long once, why not have Clark standing on the goal line to gurantee no one gets deep? No reason to have him up worrying about giving up 15 yards.

So frustrating.