PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight - offense

Mister Pittsburgh
11-06-2011, 11:18 PM
So new England can roll in year after year and shred our top ranked defense by spreading us out and we have no answer until we step up and play tough man in the secondary, the best offensive production we have had all season is with a spread quick strike approach, but the Ravens roll into town & instead of spreading them out forcing man, we turtle up bigtime? Do we not have a top 3 QB & a plethora of quick wr? Yes sanders is out & Hines hampered, but we still have Wallace, brown, cotchery, Grisham who is small & quick, & Heath. Our better option is slow developing passes & mendenhall?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Stay pattern is the dumbest f'n play. We have almost been picked on that once a game minimum and finally are.

Sonny
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
What about the D?

Flacco has outplayed Ben the majority of the time since his rookie year.

I really wanted to believe that the Ravens were having QB problems, that Flacco wasn't the answer, but I am getting sick of him always playing his best ball against us, and then stinking it up against the Jets or Jaguars or anyone else.

Bottom line, you can always count on the Ravens to bring their absolute best against us. You can count on the Steelers to do it maybe half the time.

Captain Lemming
11-07-2011, 12:36 AM
So new England can roll in year after year and shred our top ranked defense by spreading us out and we have no answer until we step up and play tough man in the secondary, the best offensive production we have had all season is with a spread quick strike approach, but the Ravens roll into town & instead of spreading them out forcing man, we turtle up bigtime? Do we not have a top 3 QB & a plethora of quick wr? Yes sanders is out & Hines hampered, but we still have Wallace, brown, cotchery, Grisham who is small & quick, & Heath. Our better option is slow developing passes & mendenhall?

Just because it worked against the Pathetic Pat D means nothing in this game.

EVERYBODY torches the Pats. They just outscore people.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Amazingly miss lemming, we move the ball in the second half spreading them with no huddle. Only a clown would argue it!

feltdizz
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Did you say Grisham? LOL... he isn't quick.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I hOpe u choke while LOL. Is Wes welker quick enough for you? Him & Grisham ran the same 40 @ the combine. Keep laughing.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-07-2011, 01:42 AM
we dont have grisham to my knowledge.

may be on the PS. not sure why he is even being mentioned.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Yes he is on the ps, & with sanders out & Hines jacked up with a ankle prior to the ray ray helmet shot, maybe after the success of spreading it out last week a gameplan of that would of been best considering we moved the ball well spreading them out in the second half.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-07-2011, 02:08 AM
you realize the ravens defense is better than new englands right?

tyler grisham is a nothing in a game like that.

NJ-STEELER
11-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Speaking Of the ps

I must have missed the latest signing. Another WR. Made the jags roster out of camp

Like the looks of him in some u tube vids. Quick/fast and a LIL better size then the YMC

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
What wr did NE use to shred our top ranked D time after time? It isn't specifically the wr, which wallace & brown alone are better then any tandem the pats used. It's about alignments & matchups. Ben likes Arians because he is the fat chic that put out to him at the prom. Not because of the quality of lay.

Captain Lemming
11-07-2011, 02:25 AM
I hOpe u choke while LOL. Is Wes welker quick enough for you? Him & Grisham ran the same 40 @ the combine. Keep laughing.

Welker did not go to the combine. His pro day was 4.6, as was Grisham's. 4.6 is a SLOW time for an NFL receiver. 40 times are a measure of speed not quickness.

Welkers measurable are not impresive. Hundreds of high school receivers have those measurables or better. Having Welkers 40 time is nothing special. 5.10 guys who run a 4.6 are not hard to find and are never going to be drafted highly.

Welker is an awesome receiver but he plays WAY BEYOND what the measurables would predict. He is a rarity.
To say a guy has his 40 time is by no means impressive.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 02:48 AM
I am merely pointing out measurable speed does not measure quickness nor was I saying Grisham could hold welkers jock, & u know it. I am merely pointing out that the pats can shred a top ranked d playing zone with a top QB & worse talent then our offensive weapons.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 02:50 AM
I am merely pointing out measurable speed does not measure quickness nor was I saying Grisham could hold welkers jock, & u know it. I am merely pointing out that the pats can shred a top ranked d playing zone with a top QB & worse talent then our offensive weapons.